• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

What channels the UGA game on?
WatchESPN or SEC network. In Columbus it's on MYTV. Which uverse doesn't get but my rabbit ears do.

UGA has to get it together. I'm going to guess this week we'll hear a lot on the call in show about the lack of a dedicated special teams coach and hear Richt lament one or two days of LSU prep.

You know I was just about to say that we are the friendliest group in Sports-GAF, but then I forgot about Pristine's random xerox diatribes.

Yeah. Because I do "random xerox diatribes" all the time. LOL. I'm such a meanie.

(For the record, I did a grand total of ONE "xerox diatribe" this entire year, and it was hardly random. Gondo asked why Tech fans jokingly call them that, suggesting they were innocent of deserving the label.) so I answered. Hardly "random". There are many other posters that have picked up on the joke where I left off, but it's not really me doing it.

Halftime in the early games and we're still on a page with posts from yesterday.

What an exciting slate of games.

Hey Monroeski: if you have nothing better to watch, Texas Tech TV is doing their free weekend this week, so you can watch the pre and post-game shows/live press conference online even if you aren't a subscriber. Pre-game show starts at 4:00 IIRC.

andycapps

Murray looks bad right now but it is raining there now, so there's that.

They really need to utilize Marshall on toss sweep and screens to the outside. Especially in this weather. They've been trying to run him up the middle, and he's not Gurley. But whenever he goes to the outside it's usually for a first down. That's why Bobo won't do it. Makes too much sense, gotta catch them off guard with the big play in pouring down rain.

They should never have fired Cristobal. idiots

One one hand, I don't blame them because he was basically halfway out the door looking at offers. At the same time I guess the year before, he rejected quite a few offers from larger FBS programs. June Jones at SMU basically did the same thing and they probably should have fired him as he was pretty much packed up to go to Arizona St before ASU boosters objected to the impending hire.

On the other hand, well, FIU ended up like this.

Edit: Seeing teams like FIU and now USF too, I actually have grown to appreciate more and more what O'Leary has done at UCF - despite his bumps and issues.

andycapps

Look at that. When Marshall runs outside of the tackle box he gets a first down.

Chaos- was our turn for them to screw up. They have what, 100 yards total on the day? Maybe a little more? UGA has been shooting themselves in the foot.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Because I do "random xerox diatribes" all the time. LOL. I'm such a meanie.

(For the record, I did a grand total of ONE "xerox diatribe" this entire year, and it was hardly random. Gondo asked why Tech fans jokingly call them that, suggesting they were innocent of deserving the label.) so I answered. Hardly "random". There are many other posters that have picked up on the joke where I left off, but it's not really me doing it.

I would have just gone with a two or three sentence mention of "pistols firing," the Spirit Rider, Orange Power, and maybe Schmidly and the calendar software thing. Just sayin'. ; )

Hey Monroeski: if you have nothing better to watch, Texas Tech TV is doing their free weekend this week, so you can watch the pre and post-game shows/live press conference online even if you aren't a subscriber. Pre-game show starts at 4:00 IIRC.

May be able to catch some of it but I've got something else to do tonight around 7 so I'm recording the game. Not sure if I'm going to keep up with it while it's going on or go on media blackout until I watch the recording. I should only be away from TV for a little over an hour so if all else fails I should be able to watch the second half real time anyway if I don't just head home to start the game on my DVR around 8:30 or so.

Of course, at the risk of jinxing us I mainly want to watch the game to see what our backups look like playing the second half (ala the SFA game) so knowing the actual outcome of a given half before watching it shouldn't really affect things. I already know what our starters look like against our non conference schedule, I want to watch the backups get some playing time again.

On a side note, former Tech LB and current La Tech Daniel Cobb has had a pretty good game today against Kansas from what I've watched. Disappointed that former Tech QB Scotty Young didn't get the start for La Tech today due to injury.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey GT won, hadn't paid attention to that since the second quarter, figured UNC was going to run away with it. My picks are looking good so far.

Talon

(For the record, I did a grand total of ONE "xerox diatribe" this entire year, and it was hardly random. Gondo asked why Tech fans jokingly call them that, suggesting they were innocent of deserving the label.) so I answered. Hardly "random". There are many other posters that have picked up on the joke where I left off, but it's not really me doing.
Here's a hint: we're not laughing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom