• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct Weekly #182: Ghost of Yōtei, Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster, New PS5 Pro Titles Revealed

mansoor1980

in this thread.............anyone who reports a user OR places anyone on ignore is a PUSSY and needs purple hair/nose ring
let the blood bath continue
tumblr_nzxx5yEr621sl21koo1_540.gif

Vick

Gold Member
It's always funny how the Sony fanboys get their panties twisted on here the moment anyone who isn't a bootlicker talks about their games, or tells them that the PS5 Pro isn't magic
Almost as funny as clowns throwing random "fanboy" accusations in their fierce attempt to defend someone so undeniably unbiased and professional as Battaglia.

Are people saying Ghosts Of Yotei looks bad? Lol.

I mean....
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You guys need some new material.
I mean, isn't that mostly art style?

Distant foliage rendering is evidently improved, the bounce GI more prominent (not a fan personally, looks weird at the moment), but the bulk of what I see isn't really distant from GoT.

It doesnt look bad but its the art direction doing the heavy lifting rather than anything graphically impressive from a tech standpoint
I get that point but honestly, to me, that sounds more impressive and I wish more devs do that. The graphical quality of ps4 games is more than good enough. Focus more on art style, physics, gameplay, etc. Will keep the budget down and games can come out quicker.

Last edited:

Det

Neo Member
Ask him, not me LOL. I hate Ray Tracing, so you never gonna get me recommending this kinda of stuff.
That wasn't necessarily a comment with an objective answer

It was more to remember why "Playstation fanboys" don't like Alex crossdress... Remembering that at the same time he made a video saying that Ray Tracing was enough for Craig to look good, he also made a video zooming in on Spiderman with 60fps raytracing to say "it's not a big deal, it's not impressive and everyone shouldn't be impressed by it"

Last edited:

JaksGhost

It's always funny how the Sony fanboys get their panties twisted on here the moment anyone who isn't a bootlicker talks about their games, or tells them that the PS5 Pro isn't magic
Not really it just shows why Xbox is in last place this console cycle and the last, no one cares to cover their games.

Even in this clip they spend 2 out of the 8 minutes talking about Naughty Dog games.

Last edited:

omegasc

The first game came out in 2020, it's probably a Rebirth situation where they're essentially using the same tech but expanding the world.

Which is fine, the first game was carried by its really strong art style. This should be more or less the same.
We just need the answer to the question: will there be protagonist naked butt on this one?

foamdino

Ghost of Yotei looks very good to me, I'm completely happy with that level of fidelity and art style.

Let DF pixel peep all they want. If the game is good the game is good, regardless of if it uses RTGI etc or not.

I think Alex is overly obsessed with tech features - but it's his job so I get it.

foamdino

Dragon age looks like shit and more than a generation behind GoY visually

This has nothing to do with it being multiplatform bruh
Specifically Dragon Age looks bad because the art direction is poor - it can use all the latest and greatest technical tricks but without good art direction it doesn't look impressive. (also all BioWare games post BG2 suck)

AW_CL

Alex is such a bitch. I'm actually tired of him now at this point. It's weird how they keep over analyzing PlayStation titles when they have a dirth of Xbox games that they could also be giving coverage too yet they don't. Xbox had a whole showcase this summer and they just glossed over the footage with 1 podcast yet the Pro announcement set them up with a 2 hour podcast of rambling and clips to flood their channel with traffic.

Alex is bias he is friends of Kobrille and Doncabesa. They got an server on discord just to generate FUD.

damidu

Alex is such a bitch. I'm actually tired of him now at this point. It's weird how they keep over analyzing PlayStation titles when they have a dirth of Xbox games that they could also be giving coverage too yet they don't. Xbox had a whole showcase this summer and they just glossed over the footage with 1 podcast yet the Pro announcement set them up with a 2 hour podcast of rambling and clips to flood their channel with traffic.
dude is miserable honestly, feeling kinda sorry for him. he was never the same since series x turned out to be a huge flop, and his "compute advantage" narrative never panning out
probably hates his job too, where he needs to do a monthly "jedi survivor pc patch" video, only to record same stutters

Last edited:

Kangx

Wow at that DD2 segment. The Pro look so much better and run 15 to 20 fps better and this is cpu bound scenario. GPU bound, there is going to be larger differences. Watching on my 77 in oled here and the image clarity on the pro is so much better.

Can someone line those 2 clips side by side?

kevboard

Not really it just shows why Xbox is in last place this console cycle and the last, no one cares to cover their games.

Even in this clip they spend 2 out of the 8 minutes talking about Naughty Dog games.

which makes it even funnier how clearly every time someone speaks objectively about something, people get upset because it goes against their plastic box religion.

there isn't even a competition, and people still get so clearly rattled by people not being overly enthusiastic about everything. I don't even want to imagine if this was actually a head to head situation.

Vick

Gold Member
"Disappointing"

Yōtei looks visually more sophisticated, and there's once again the strong GI bounce hitting her sword on the back, just I'm not sure I'd call it a technical generational leap.
And in the end I couldn't care less as the first one, just as is, to me is still a simply overwhelmingly stunning visual experience. But it's too early for proper discussions.

Alex is bias he is friends of Kobrille and Doncabesa. They got an server on discord just to generate FUD.
That's just a professional with integrity doing his job, unfairly mocked simply for not bootlicking Sony games or tell their audience PS5 Pro isn't magic.

Just ask our, clearly unbiased as well, hardcore fan kevboard kevboard .

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
And there's literally nothing wrong with putting art direction before realism. The first game was never supposed to be all about realistic graphics as well.
I agree but you can do both. Like because you have great art direction doesnt mean you cant benefit from RTGI or RT

I respect the hell out of Wukong because they excelled in both areas on their first AAA game - Insane achievement.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I agree but you can do both. Like because you have great art direction doesnt mean you cant benefit from RTGI or RT

I respect the hell out of Wukong because they excelled in both areas on their first AAA game - Insane achievement.

When you say rtgi, do you mean ray traced GI or real-time GI?

Astray

Wow at that DD2 segment. The Pro look so much better and run 15 to 20 fps better and this is cpu bound scenario. GPU bound, there is going to be larger differences. Watching on my 77 in oled here and the image clarity on the pro is so much better.

Can someone line those 2 clips side by side?
The more I see of DD2 the less it looks like it's CPU-bound and the more it looks like Capcom released it hot.

jm89

I could give a toss about if the graphics of yotei is current gen.

There are other more important areas they need to improve from Tsushima.

Last edited:

Kangx

For DD2, Am I tripping here or the lighting also have improved too. Look at the rock pillar on the left. Maybe higher quality RTGI?

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
For DD2, Am I tripping here or the lighting also have improved too. Look at the rock pillar on the left. Maybe higher quality RTGI?
Pretty sure that's entirely due to the different time of day.

Also because otherwise, having stronger, darker shadows would indicate weaker light bounce, which is usually the opposite of higher quality RTGI.

234.PNG

yr.PNG

Impressive framerate improvement, but also kind of expected for those who didn't drink the FUD.. and gave the MLiD leak a chance.

Last edited:

Kangx

Pretty sure that's just a different time of day.

Also because otherwise, having stronger, darker shadows would indicate weaker light bounce, which is usually the opposite of higher quality RTGI.
Interesting. Can you or somebody line up the gif here? Clarity alone can't make this look so much better.

Edit, I think you are right.

Last edited:

Saber

Ghost of Yotei looks very good to me, I'm completely happy with that level of fidelity and art style.

Let DF pixel peep all they want. If the game is good the game is good, regardless of if it uses RTGI etc or not.

Thats exactly my stance. I valour way more art style than anything else, hence why Elden Ring is still goty despite people crucifing the game for pixels.
I still dunno why people take Alex seriously, the guy is a clown and he is not even consistent with the crap he says.

Top Bottom