• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgruber

Whelp. I guess I should be happy Tech beat Texas St. 7-33. But I'm not. I'm happy we have a bye week to figure out what the fuck is going on with the offense and all the sloppy play.

I know we're thin at the line. That was a given. But that doesn't excuse so many QB misses, some dropped balls that could cost us, bad ball security, and penalties, penalties, penalties. That had nothing to do with the thin O-line.

Defense and superior talent with another win. Kliff looked peeved coming out of the post-game chat. I predict a lot of "conditioning" in the near future for the offense.

Why is Davis Webb playing? Mayfield get hurt?

And did ash get hurt too? Saw McCoy get some time

mcgruber

Yeah, I mean it's early but it's got this Big East vibe. Least talked about score today: Maryland beating WVU 37-0. Wtf?

Baylor has been dominant. I'm not sold on their defense but ULM with their QB is not a bullshit opponent. They're okay. Baylor was up 35 in the first quarter. Pretty impressive display so far from them but we'll see!

USC has the mold of an inexplicably 11-2 LSU team right now.

Oklahoma put up 34 on ulm and shut them out. Sooners put up 16 on wvu, who got stomped by Maryland.

Ulm was good last year, not so much this year

Kevtones

Baylor could have had 100+ today. They had like 70 in the 3rd Q.

This is Oregon since 2010.

USC is Florida. Terrible offense, bad offensive coaching, really good defense.

Yeah, that's probably closer considering the QB situation but Florida doesn't have anyone like Lee. If USC finds an actual RHYTHM on offense, look out.

That defense is pretty damn good. Win by WSU looks better by the day.

squicken

Unrelated to the game, but I cringe every time I see one of those Microsoft Surface commercials. So pathetic.

Next year NFL coaches will use them instead of call sheets and they'll replace the binders of stills from the game. They will be the mandatory play book device for players to take home. Officials will use them for instant replay

Assuming Surface makes it to 2014

cdyhybrid

This is Oregon since 2010.

Yeah, that's probably closer considering the QB situation but Florida doesn't have anyone like Lee. If USC finds an actual RHYTHM on offense, look out.

That defense is pretty damn good. Win by WSU looks better by the day.
Lee is irrelevant unless they have someone that can get him the ball down the field though. Larry Fitzgerald situation.

Kevtones

Oklahoma put up 34 on ulm and shut them out. Sooners put up 16 on wvu, who got stomped by Maryland.

Ulm was good last year, not so much this year

I'm not pretending ULM is a world-beater but they beat Wake Forest earlier at least. Guess what I'm saying is that Baylor had 35 in the first quarter and they've got weapons/are rolling now.

Who challenges them in a terrible Big XII? Oklahoma? Oklahoma State?

Why is Davis Webb playing? Mayfield get hurt?

And did ash get hurt too? Saw McCoy get some time

Mayfield kinda sucked and threw a few picks. TX St. should have had even more. And it looked like he re-aggravated his deep thigh bruise.

Webb was probably gonna get a long look this game anyway. He didn't look that good either. His problem was accuracy. At one point late he missed two receivers (Jakeem Grant and then Jace Amaro) who were WIDE OPEN (I mean not even a guy on the screen) both in the end zone, on consecutive plays. The WRs were visibly showing their displeasure at the misses, which is rare here.

Ash got another head injury. Poor guy. He's gonna be eating soup in a nursing home soon if he keeps feeling like he's gotta do it all out there.

mcgruber

I'm not pretending ULM is a world-beater but they beat Wake Forest earlier at least. Guess what I'm saying is that Baylor had 35 in the first quarter and they've got weapons/are rolling now.

Oklahoma state is the only sure answer right now. Any of the other texas schools could if they fix their issues. Baylor plays the 5 best teams in a row to end the season

Kevtones

Lee is irrelevant unless they have someone that can get him the ball down the field though. Larry Fitzgerald situation.

Silas Redd maybe? I don't know. They've got more playmakers right? Marquis Lee should've gone to Oregon.

They need some rhythm though as an offense. Utah fucking State's D shut them down today. There's no consistency whatsoever.

Hey at least OSU won - PAC 12 NORTH PRIDE

I predict they lose in Stillwater to Okie St. And they lose at least one home game, because...Baylor.

Kevtones

Oklahoma state is the only sure answer right now. Any of the other texas schools could if they fix their issues. Baylor plays the 4 best teams in a row to end the season

So bad scheduling in a bad league? I have this feeling (like someone said before) we're going to have a B1G and Big XII undefeated in the MNC this year :(

Worse than if KSU vs. Notre Dame happened last year.

I predict they lose in Stillwater to Okie St. And they lose at least one home game, because...Baylor.

Yeah, you're right. They're probably not ready but they've got a little swag right now. They're REALLY pouring it on and gaining confidence in a down league.

Just need a damn play-off NOW.

mcgruber

So bad scheduling in a bad league? I have this feeling (like someone said before) we're going to have a B1G and Big XII undefeated in the MNC this year :(

Worse than if KSU vs. Notre Dame happened last year.

Yeah, you're right. They're probably not ready but they've got a little swag right now. They're REALLY pouring it on and gaining confidence in a down league.

Just need a damn play-off NOW.

Doubt it. Either Lsu/Bama looks like they'll be undefeated. Ohio state and Clemson should roll.

Our OL can't run block and we are playing two true freshman at QB. It's not all that complicated.

It looks deeper than that, frankly. I wasn't pleased at all.

But like I said, I'm happy with the bye week. This team seems to respond well to instruction, so that's a ray of hope.

The penalties HAVE to be cleaned up. Soon.

Kevtones

I'm all in every year. Besides, I get to shit talk all my Beaver friends if they suck.

Me too and I kind of wish they lost. The FB reactions are great. BUT really the Pac 12 is pretty good in general this year.

Doubt it. Either Lsu/Bama looks like they'll be undefeated. Ohio state and Clemson should roll.

Baylor, Louisville, Fresno St, tOSU, Clemson, and Oregon, maybe.

Just saying.

Just got out of a movie and stumbled to a bar next to the theatre to watch michigan squeak one out.

God damn big ten, step your game up

FYI, prisoners is a phonomenal movie and everyone should go see it.

Draxal

Just got out of a movie and stumbled to a bar next to the theatre to watch michigan squeak one out.

God damn big ten, step your game up

FYI, prisoners is a phonomenal movie and everyone should go see it.

Welp, Big 10 East is getting in reinforcements next year with a 4-0 Maryland and 3-1 Rutgers.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Saban needs to line our cornerbacks up against the wall and shoot one at random (not Belue) to put the fear of God into the others.

If we play like this, we're going to lose to Ole Miss and LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom