• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Nine Thread: Clemson, Clemsoned

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can't stay up for this. Maybe tomorrow when I wake up this game will still be going and I'll get to see the end.

And that call. Lol. Foot was clearly out.

Balphon

If they were going to blow the conversion that badly they could've just done it in first overtime and saved me the grief.

As former Neogaffer James Stevenson pointed out, ASU's top two rushers tonight were averaging over 10 and over 7 yards per carry and the Sundevil's threw it twice from the 4.

andycapps

UGA starting a different QB? Richt getting desperate

Yeah, multiple $9.95 sites reporting inside sources are telling them Faton Bauta is starting Saturday. I wouldn't characterize that as desperate, I'd say they've been pounding their head on the wall hoping for a different result every week with Lambert. He may have a great arm and be a really smart kid, but in game, he makes questionable decisions and is very inconsistent.

Lot of media in the spring thought Bauta would get the starting nod, but Schottenheimer loved how smart Lambert was and that seemed to put him ahead. Also, the QB race was supposedly almost too close to call in the spring, but they made a decision and tried to give him time to work out the kinks. If you're going to make a change at QB, it makes sense to do it after a bye week.

Bauta is a dual threat type QB. Kind of a lesser Tebow. Ability to extend plays, run option plays, not as good of an arm as Lambert or Ramsey, but capable. Also, I can't wait to hear Verne try to pronounce his name. This has me a lot more excited than giving the job to Ramsey. While Ramsey has the best arm of the 3, he's dumb as shit, the OL reportedly does not like him (loves Bauta), and he's horribly inaccurate. Bauta is one of those kids that doesn't have the most ability in the world, but he watches the most film of the 3 and works harder than most. So if they made this change, that's exciting to me.

The college football teams who played yesterday would all get crushed by the worst team in the Big 10 no problem.

It is the best conference with the best teams and the best coaches. So much better than the SEC.

MrJames

BONUS (Total # of Passing TDs) - 51

Saturday
Mississippi (-10.5) v. Auburn - COVER
Syracuse v. FSU (-20.5) - NO COVER
UCF v. Cincinnati (-27.5) - NO COVER
Rutgers v. Wisconsin (-20.5) - NO COVER
USC (-7.5) v. Cal - NO COVER
Oklahoma (-35.5) v. Kansas - COVER
Florida (-6.5) v. Georgia - COVER
Clemson (-10.5) v. NCSU - COVER
Notre Dame (-13.5) v. Temple - NO COVER
Stanford (-10.5) v. WSU - COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
BONUS (Total # of Passing TDs) - 39

Saturday
Mississippi (-10.5) v. Auburn COVER
Syracuse v. FSU (-20.5) COVER
UCF v. Cincinnati (-27.5) NO COVER
Rutgers v. Wisconsin (-20.5) NO COVER
USC (-7.5) v. Cal NO COVER
Oklahoma (-35.5) v. Kansas COVER
Florida (-6.5) v. Georgia NO COVER
Clemson (-10.5) v. NCSU COVER
Notre Dame (-13.5) v. Temple COVER
Stanford (-10.5) v. WSU COVER

Draxal

The college football teams who played yesterday would all get crushed by the worst team in the Big 10 no problem.

It is the best conference with the best teams and the best coaches. So much better than the SEC.

Did you see the Rutgers rival board crying about our beat writer not thinking Flood is a good coach?

Kevtones

19083336-standard.jpg

Addison had both feet down actually. Pac12 refs got one right for once.

cdyhybrid

19083336-standard.jpg

Addison had both feet down actually. Pac12 refs got one right for once.

You can't see his back foot and the toes of his front foot were on the line when they actually hit the ground (after this image was taken).

That's like the most inconclusive image of the "catch" you could have posted :jnc

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently ESPN wants to delay the launch of the ACC Network so they can try to avoid some issues they've had when they launched other similar networks.

There are some rumors that the network not launching by a specific date may invalid the grant of media rights that all the schools gave to keep the conference together previously, so if it is delayed we may see all the realignment talks heat up again pretty quick. Just a rumor at this point, though.
You can't see his back foot and the toes of his front foot were on the line when they actually hit the ground (after this image was taken).

That's like the most inconclusive image of the "catch" you could have posted :jnc

I haven't seen the play, but I'm pretty sure that heels count in college but not in the NFL. IIRC there was a play two or three weeks ago where a player was ruled in because his heel hit inbounds first before his toes came down on the line.

Kevtones

Luckily it's the first such call we've ever benefitted from. After years of phantom PI and holding calls the refs finally stopped penalizing the Ducks for having such savvy fashion.

Did you see the Rutgers rival board crying about our beat writer not thinking Flood is a good coach?

The beat writer is an idiot.

If he knew football, he would be coaching. Coach Flood is a coach. He knows more than this beat writer.

Beat writer needs to understand his job is not to question Coach Flood. He doesn't know football like Coach Flood, so how can his puny mind grasp Coach Flood's inner workings. The man eats, sleeps, and breathes football 24/7. What does this beat writer know? LOL!

Edit: I think Kyle Flood should run for President. It's clear from his winning record coaching at Rutgers that he could get it done on the national level.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The beat writer is an idiot.

If he knew football, he would be coaching. Coach Flood is a coach. He knows more than this beat writer.

Beat writer needs to understand his job is not to question Coach Flood. He doesn't know football like Coach Flood, so how can his puny mind grasp Coach Flood's inner workings. The man eats, sleeps, and breathes football 24/7. What does this beat writer know? LOL!

Edit: I think Kyle Flood should run for President. It's clear from his winning record coaching at Rutgers that he could get it done on the national level.

If he became president, could he still be as effective at coaching?

If he became president, could he still be as effective at coaching?

This is a very good question.

However, I think it's more important for him to save the country than continuing to save Rutgers' football from Schiano's mistakes. I trust that Flood has trained his protege, Ben McDaniels to take over. Ben has shepherded a young QB, Chris Laviano, to record setting completion percentages for a Rutgers quarterback. He's a rising star in the football world, and is primed to take over a team.

I think the country & Rutgers can be just fine with this arrangement.

Kevtones

Oklahoma fans would beg to differ.

What's funny about that play is that there's all this hub bub about it being touched before 10 yards but this is the much less clear aspect than the fact OU actually recovered the football.

Luckily Oregon then drove the field for second TD in a minute and blocked a FG :)

andycapps

24 hours until the mayhem begins.

This is going to be a very interesting game, one way or the other. It always is, but I think we're going to see that side of Richt that rarely comes out.. When he feels he has nothing to lose and starts pulling Mad Hatter plays out of nowhere. Changing QB's is already a crazy enough thing. He's no stranger to trying new things in this game though.

Top Bottom