• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
According to Bleedingcool, Iron Patriot may be heading for cancellation already?

I won't miss it - the first issue was awful.

I noticed on comicvine yesterday it's now being described as a 5-issue mini, so....yup. It's DOA.

It's been a mini for quite some time. Can't find a direct quote showing it was announced in October as a mini, but that's what everyone was calling it earlier this year.

Bleeding Cool is just making shit up.

SPEAKING OF, I did not realize he was back drawing Mighty Avengers. That's just how fucking good this issue is, and also looks. Like, whoa, yeah, it's actually Greg Land motherfucker, whaaaaaat

lol it took my five readings of this to figure out what you were talking about. (i was making a dumb physics/gravity joke).

Can't wait to read MA.

Messi

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, Invincible was absolutely insane, and we still have Robot stuff coming up. Kirkman is pretty much trolling the crap out of the rating system.

Mark getting raped was pretty disturbing, Nolan did foreshadow this though when he talked about exactly how savagely Viltrumites had sex, so it makes sense I guess. The Eve stuff was pretty expected, we'll see how this plays out over the long run.

The internet discussions are probably going wild right now, I'm not going to wade into that shit-show

Daredevil was a great feel-good story and Iron Fist is kung-fu bliss. I just hope Andrews gives Danny the green Immortal Iron Fist costume, I want that back.

Splatt

Okay, words on Iron Fist: Gosh dang. Remember how Inhuman #1 felt like a comic designed by Disney-Marvel Brand Optimization Committee to be the most boring thing imaginable? This is the exact opposite of that. It's a Kaare Andrews doing Kaare Andrews book, and Kaare Andrews thinks Danny Rand should use his kung-fu powers to punch a helicopter in the face. WHICH IS TOTALLY RIGHT. Pick that magic up NOW.

Brofist

frye

aVvyVxN.jpg

I just subscribed to all the new Ultimate books against my better judgment (bills mayne). Hopefully, I don't end up regretting it, I like how events in the Ultimate universe actually stick.

Vibranium

Banned
Take your posting to the next level and join the Catwoman discussion

But can I suffer the agony of wasting money on Ann Nocenti books? The only props I give to Nocenti is for standing up to Jim Shooter when she was at Marvel, she should just go back to being an editor for DC. Of course, what would everyone read then haha?

Owzers

I regret waiting a year to get back into Wonder Woman, it's always a mistake to wait that long without rereading as i forget half the story beats. Issue #16 was good, it's still an ensemble book more than Wonder Woman which people gripe about, but i'm still OKAY with it as long as i think it's entertaining. It is a little odd that Wonder Woman isn't really the show on a wonder woman book though, rarely is any in-depth character work being done on her, she's just the constant in the book.

Messi

But can I suffer the agony of wasting money on Ann Nocenti books? The only props I give to Nocenti is for standing up to Jim Shooter when she was at Marvel, she should just go back to being an editor for DC. Of course, what would everyone read then haha?

You don't have to read it you just have to watch me and Cheska suffer it each month for the good of comic gaf.

Bii

Just read Black Widow 1-5 and I don't know why I dropped it after #2 in the first place. What a damn good book!

It really is. After the first two issues, I, too, thought about about dropping it. It was at the point where it was an okay book and I wouldn't miss it much but decided to stick with it. It's very fun and entertaining so far; definitely one of my favorite monthlies.

I'm thinking about going back and reading some of my comics as I really enjoyed them. Anyone of you guys go back and reread your comics? Ever catch something you missed the first go around? Also, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of unclaimed digital codes from all the Marvel books I've bought. Should I just sell them for $0.25 a piece or just give them away, or rather, does anyone care for digital codes for past issues?

It really is. After the first two issues, I, too, thought about about dropping it. It was at the point where it was an okay book and I wouldn't miss it much but decided to stick with it. It's very fun and entertaining so far; definitely one of my favorite monthlies.

I'm thinking about going back and reading some of my comics as I really enjoyed them. Anyone of you guys go back and reread your comics? Ever catch something you missed the first go around? Also, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of unclaimed digital codes from all the Marvel books I've bought. Should I just sell them for $0.25 a piece or just give them away, or rather, does anyone care for digital codes for past issues?

I always reread comics. That's how I have come to like some of my favorite books. Sometimes things click after multiple reads.

Messi

Some of us here trade or give them to each other :p

I'm a digital only reader, and lately I've been on the hunt for digital codes. I usually buy issues for a $1 over on the reddit comiccodes thread or the Bleeding Cool forums. Good places to go if you want to buy/sell your Marvel digital codes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Okay, words on Iron Fist: Gosh dang. Remember how Inhuman #1 felt like a comic designed by Disney-Marvel Brand Optimization Committee to be the most boring thing imaginable? This is the exact opposite of that. It's a Kaare Andrews doing Kaare Andrews book, and Kaare Andrews thinks Danny Rand should use his kung-fu powers to punch a helicopter in the face. WHICH IS TOTALLY RIGHT. Pick that magic up NOW.

it was a great read. looking forward to the next issue

and has avengers a.i.always been that ugly? that shit is jarring

Sadist

All New X-Men #25

At first I thought (because being a bitch) it was Cassandra Nova, because she's one of those villains who can drive Hank mad. But oh yikes, it's Uatu ripping Hank a new one. Poor guy. He didn't mean it man, give 'em a break. Now I'm just thinking the Marvel universe is pushing for a "Cyclops is right!" campaign. >:| Guess the man doesn't like his eyeballs.

Disappointed in Superior Foes this week. The last issue, which was also done by a fill-in team, nailed the humor and style much better than this one.

I can't wait for Lieber and Spencer to return. I miss Boomerang.

Just caught up to Age of Ultron. UGH.

That was a huge waste of time.
I gotta listen to ComicGAF more often. >.>
What are you guys all about these days?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wth

araujo is godly

i cant with the ridges and bumps. i wont accept it from quitely or anyone else

All New X-Men #25

At first I thought (because being a bitch) it was Cassandra Nova, because she's one of those villains who can drive Hank mad. But oh yikes, it's Uatu ripping Hank a new one. Poor guy. He didn't mean it man, give 'em a break. Now I'm just thinking the Marvel universe is pushing for a "Cyclops is right!" campaign. >:| Guess the man doesn't like his eyeballs.

he deserves to be called out. he knows how time related thingscan go wrong real quick, and still decided that this was a good idea. no excuses. he fucked up royally, and should be called out on it. we did get classic cyke though, so not all is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom