• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
What's happened to Blue Beetle since his series ended?

Excuse me for my brief shit fit but WHY IN THEE BLUE FUCK DID THEY RUIN TEEN TITANS?

DC is starting to fall off.

At least ultimate spider-man is still going strong.

BB has not appeared at all... well, not yet and it won't be who you think it is.

and TT ruined??? It's been ruined ever since the start of the New 52.

dan2026

Joe Mad hit his 3 issue contract, he's good. Bout to get back to dat D3 Reaper of Souls grind
Then you remember how Jack Kirby was drawing like four books a month without fail. And Walt Simonson was writing AND drawing Thor for years.

Then there are these guys who cant go six issues before giving up.

ghostmind

This whole Inhuman/Inhumanity thing has been such a poorly managed mess. Yet, they keep on insisting on drilling home it's importance.

"It's just a flesh wound!"

witness

What happened to my comixology app on IOS? I had to download a new one and there's no storefront now? What is the point? I ended up just downloading the Marvel and DC apps cause at least I get the store in the app. I wont complain about the free $5 comixology emailed to me. I ended up buying All New X Men Vol 1, figured it was a good place to start with X Men.

Vibranium

Banned
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah it just keeps getting better!!!

Oh man, you're just totally enjoying this, aren't you?

Poor Stegman is condemned to be on controversial Marvel titles right now. Alonso should just pack it in after 10 issues and replace Inhuman with Winter Soldier instead. Use the character that they should have marketed way more for the Cap movie instead of trying to create hype for the Inhumans when they hit the MCU by 2018 or something.

Messi

What happened to my comixology app on IOS? I had to download a new one and there's no storefront now? What is the point? I ended up just downloading the Marvel and DC apps cause at least I get the store in the app. I wont complain about the free $5 comixology emailed to me. I ended up buying All New X Men Vol 1, figured it was a good place to start with X Men.

Yeah some shit went down today.

Also yes that's a great place to start with X-Men. Best X series right now.

kswiston

Where does the Joe Mad playing games meme come from? Is he a big gamer? I know he worked on Darksiders.

He was so busy playing Xbox that his creator owned series Battlechasers only made it to issue 9. And that is after several multi-months (and even 1 year+) delays between issues. He did 9 issues in 3.5 years.

It's not like he wasn't making money either. Battlechasers hit #1 on the Top 300 at least once.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, Ben Kuchera is stirrin' up piles of salt on twitter over the comixology change. I guess that almost makes it worth it.

Wow, you'd think Kuchera would be blaming customers for making a big stink over the Comixology changes. I guess when it affects him personally and he's not writing articles about it he actually stands up for once.

Stop being so "derpy" Ben (what he once called Gaffers).

Wow, you'd think Kuchera would be blaming customers for making a big stink over the Comixology changes. I guess when it affects him personally and he's not writing articles about it he actually stands up for once.

He is just shy of advocating piracy which is hy-freakin-sterical

Vibranium

Banned
He is just shy of advocating piracy which is hy-freakin-sterical

It is hilarious to see his meltdowns. Piracy, well that's just another whole can of worms better left unopened lol. On the bright side, this whole business has made me think about how I conduct my business a lot better

Anyone who gets their funny money on comixology should use it for the Superior Foes sale

Really tempting....I may hold off for another Image sale though.

It is hilarious to see his meltdowns. Piracy, well that's just another whole can of worms better left unopened lol. On the bright side, this whole business has made me think about how I conduct my business a lot better

It just reminded me of Ben's crusade against the terrible accidental piracy of Eric Kain. He wanted that guy's head on a spike. But if comixology removes their iOS storefront it's okay to go on twitter and lament on how piracy is now easier again, oh well digital comics!

Vibranium

Banned
It just reminded me of Ben's crusade against the terrible accidental piracy of Eric Kain. He wanted that guy's head on a spike. But if comixology removes their iOS storefront it's okay to go on twitter and lament on how piracy is now easier again, oh well digital comics!

Hahahahahahaha, hypocrisy is wonderful. Very nice observation!

Oh man, you're just totally enjoying this, aren't you?

Poor Stegman is condemned to be on controversial Marvel titles right now. Alonso should just pack it in after 10 issues and replace Inhuman with Winter Soldier instead. Use the character that they should have marketed way more for the Cap movie instead of trying to create hype for the Inhumans when they hit the MCU by 2018 or something.
they're probably gonna put him on Cyclops or Nightcrawler fill-ins after this. he's being way underutilized

Furyous

Ryan Stegman is the new artist of inhuman starting on issue 4. Lulz.

I wondered how long Marvel would let that inhuman plot hole sit there. There are a few mutants but the inhumans are around chilling unscathed. It was always the easy way to bring back Mutants. We need more Medusa even though her powers are almost useless. Long hair is a shit power.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Inhumans are some of the worst shit in Marvel history. Fuck Fox for forcing Marvel to make them relevant.
EDIT: Oh man, now I'm having flashbacks to all the times they shitted up the books I was reading. Fuuuuuuuu

kswiston

How is piracy now easier? Can't you just open up a browser on your Ipad and buy stuff from Comixology.com and sync it to the app? Does bittorrent now have a iOS app with in-app torrenting? I don't see how his comment makes any sense.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Comixology still getting paid just 30% more than before.

Lol!

43% more. But it won't matter when you lose all of your customers.
jk... sort of

Isak_Borg

43% more. But it won't matter when you lose all of your customers.
jk... sort of

I thibk people are being a little short sighted but who knows. I'm like you guys a comic fan first and foremost and totally understand why folks are annoyed.

It's another Sunday list!

BATMAN ETERNAL #4 $2.99
FLASH ANNUAL #3 $4.99
FOREVER EVIL AFTERMATH BATMAN VS BANE #1 $3.99

BLACK SCIENCE #6 (MR) $3.50
DEADLY CLASS #4 (MR) $3.50

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 ANMN $5.99
SILVER SURFER #2 ANMN $3.99
UNCANNY AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 $4.99

Dead

well not really...yet
Just found out about the Comixology thing. Pretty shitty. App is essentially ruined imo. Main appeal was how fast and simple it was to get comix. Fucking Amazon.

The Inhumans are some of the worst shit in Marvel history. Fuck Fox for forcing Marvel to make them relevant.
EDIT: Oh man, now I'm having flashbacks to all the times they shitted up the books I was reading. Fuuuuuuuu

The inhuman thing confuses me, since it would have been fine to have the inhuman population explode, while mutants remained an endangered species thanks to what Wanda did in House of M.

But no, Marvel explodes the mutant population back into relevance with AvX mere months before doing the same thing with the inhuman population in Infinity.

Why? what's the point here? it's redundant.

TAJ

I thibk people are being a little short sighted but who knows. I'm like you guys a comic fan first and foremost and totally understand why folks are annoyed.

Personally, I'm still in.
But you'll probably make less money from me overall.

The inhuman thing confuses me, since it would have been fine to have the inhuman population explode, while mutants remained an endangered species thanks to what Wanda did in House of M.

But no, Marvel explodes the mutant population back into relevance with AvX mere months before doing the same thing with the inhuman population in Infinity.

Why? what's the point here? it's redundant.

Because Disney owns the movie rights to inhumans but not mutants.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It's another Sunday list!

BATMAN ETERNAL #4 $2.99
FLASH ANNUAL #3 $4.99
FOREVER EVIL AFTERMATH BATMAN VS BANE #1 $3.99

BLACK SCIENCE #6 (MR) $3.50
DEADLY CLASS #4 (MR) $3.50

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 ANMN $5.99
SILVER SURFER #2 ANMN $3.99
UNCANNY AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 $4.99
Can't wait for Silver Surfer 2. Also, Remender face-off.

Can't wait for Silver Surfer 2. Also, Remender face-off.

I'm excited for everything there except maybe Batman vs Bane. It's sounds like it should be epic but so far, the FE side stories have not been good. Hopefully Tomasi can pull off something cool without too much editorial interference.

I-almost-totally-forgot list

Batman Eternal #4
Black Science #6
Chew #41
Deadly Class #4
Elephantmen #56
All-New X-Men #26
Silver Surfer #2
Uncanny Avengers Annual #1

...and maybe New Avengers #17, depending if there are any developments in the Black Swan sub-plot.

X8DIaDk.jpg

My biggest order yet came in today. I've got some reading to do...

raindoc

Just found out about the Comixology thing. Pretty shitty. App is essentially ruined imo. Main appeal was how fast and simple it was to get comix. Fucking Amazon.
Got the email yesterday night while out with friends, now I'm having a really bad morning.
Not only was it convenient and having to open the web-browser although there's a "more books" section in the app feels.. "meh", but I'm also a bit paranoid when it comes to "sharing" credit cards, bank data etc. via the internet. I like to keep the number of services I provide with those to an absolute minimum. Whether or not you think that's rational is up to you, but that's how I feel and until now I could do/buyeverything I wanted with just three services (paypal, click&buy, amazon) using that data and I intend to keep it that way.
tried to link my paypal account, but it still keeps asking for a credit card in addition to that?
maybe I'll give in eventually, but for now I'm pissed/let down enough to replace comixology with comiczeal on my homescreen.

saunderez

Make sure you leave an appropriate review. If it gets down rated enough they might change their minds.

I... I'm not losing my mind am I? It's schway not sway, in Batman Beyond? Does anyone ever say it sway?! Higgins is running my fucking childhood with this slip up!

Edit: It's an
alternate Earth, forgiven.

ReiGun

Then why boom the mutant community. If its the rights that are the issue, they keep making more characters for fox.

Is making new characters for Fox really that much of an issue, though? Marvel still benefits from the success of the X-Men films.

Messi

I don't mean to call you out, Messi
yes I do
, but Luornu Durgo is three times the woman that Selina Kyle is.

/Fightmode

She is part of Legion? Suppose that explains why I've never heard of her and why no one bar you gives a shit about her.

Selina stands the test of time.

She is part of Legion? Suppose that explains why I've never heard of her and why no one bar you gives a shit about her.

Selina stands the test of time.

Google search would explain the bad joke.

But you're really doing yourself a disservice. There is a whole team full of women just waiting for your tender Irish love and support.

Messi

Google search would explain the bad joke.

But you're really doing yourself a disservice. There is a whole team full of women just waiting for your tender Irish love and support.

I'm all about those badly written female super-heros unless they are written by Gail Simone or Amanda Conner. Then they are awesome.

dan2026

I think Comixology have really shot themselves in the foot with this ios thing.

30% to apple sucks, but is it really going to compensate for the lack of sales?

I guess someone must of crunched the numbers and decided it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom