• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What is this Black History Month thing? Ive stumbled multiple time here across it, but ive never heard about it. Is it a american thing?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What is this Black History Month thing? Ive stumbled multiple time here across it, but ive never heard about it. Is it a american thing?

My dude Korrupt will answer that question.

Yep. Elementary school teachers shine a light on famous African-American historical figures like MLK, Rosa Parks, and George Washington Carver. I guess maybe they talk about Obama now, too? Can't think of any others that are discussed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yep. Elementary school teachers shine a light on famous African-American historical figures like MLK, Rosa Parks, and George Washington Carver. I guess maybe they talk about Obama now, too? Can't think of any others that are discussed.
Thats a pretty cool thing actually. Would love if we would have something similar in germany.

So true. I got into comics at the best possible time for Batman being my favorite hero. My second favorite hero, Spiderman, coming in at the worst possible time.
The worst? Haha no way. I agree slott has peaked with superior spidey. But that was only a year ago and before that slots work was very very good to excellent. He's just like Johns on GL or Flash kind of coasting after an epic run.

The worst was when I jumped into comics. 4 Spider-Man books, all story arcs spanned all of them so you couldn't just read one, none of the books had unique styles or themes (like batman does with its books), the clone saga was just getting started too. You had nonsense like Peter beating a pregnant MJ (and getting away with it unlike Hank Pym), peters baby being taken and never spoke of again, the wrong Osborne resurrected, the well done death of aunt may retconned for no reason, and the bs went on and on and on for years and years.

If people complain about Spidey now it's him in a rut but this is NOTHING like the 90s

Black History month is not the month you want to quote someone who is black saying the highly used in pop culture "N" word.

Every month should be Black History month, because in reality, we're all black when the lights go out.
49cAGG8.gif

That ban goes all the way to the end of February lmao

He got to spend a whole... shit, 6 DAYS unbanned in BHM

looool that's some shit right there

kd-z

Thats a pretty cool thing actually. Would love if we would have something similar in germany.
Same here man. I recently bought Malcolm X's autobiography and no one* here knows who the guy was. They also usually have no idea who MLK was. I get that it's not part of Polish history but I think it is a superimportant part of world history, right?

*obvious exaggeration is obvious!

Comics, though!

Grayson #1 was fun. Sweet art, sexy, fast-paced. I got lost by the dialogue several times though and had to back up. A surprising amount of organization names, codenames, stuffnames.

Gotham Academy #1 was FUN. The linework and colors is just beautiful stuff. I loved the facial expressions and little gestures the characters did, like Olive moving her hands through her hair. I'm very intrigued and can't wait for the trade to hit! It's like Harry Potter but more girly and cuter and also with superhero stuff and I'm 21 now why am I reading this is there something wrong with me?

Bruce Wayne looked so animu tho.

Messi

Black History month is not the month you want to quote someone who is black saying the highly used in pop culture "N" word.

Every month should be Black History month, because in reality, we're all black when the lights go out.

post-28942-Olivia-Wilde-WHAT-WTF-gif-sexy-8W3w.gif

I think I am going to die from laughing. I love you Korupt.

kd-z

Did someone say animu!?

tumblr_njms6zoJFn1rm7acxo1_r1_500.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit kd-z look at what you started

But I said it only once! And not even in front of a mirror!

You guys keep saying that OT is a minefield. This thread is a minefield! If you're not careful you risk summoning Freeza and his animu ship girls, lik I just did. I'm so sorry.

edit: Hey Messi, I saw what you did with that gif there. Don't think no one knows.

You guys keep saying that OT is a minefield. This thread is a minefield! If you're not careful you risk summoning Freeza and his animu ship girls, lik I just did. I'm so sorry.

O.O

tumblr_njqdxoa5Dv1sifqsjo1_540.gif

Okay. I'm done now. Sorry.
Not really sorry

Anyone read trees?

I do. I don't even know what's going on now. In one swoop they
killed off seemingly main character and best romance
. I've been enjoying it, though.

Oh, that's right, I read some comics today.

Read a few issues of Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider. This is pretty fun comic, I gotta say. The artwork for the first arc is really good, too.

Oh, and I had some time to check out the first issue of Nextwave, too. Man, that was great. I'll read the next two issues on Monday.

fauxtrot

Banned

NfsLypG.gif

I'm dying over here... I <3 you, Korupt.

fauxtrot

Banned
This weekend I'm finally going to start Sandman... the fact that I've never read it has been hanging over my head for years and it's time to rectify that!

Kinda like Messi with Star Wars, only I'm actually going to do something about it. ;)

fauxtrot

Banned
Is anyone still reading Fables? I just saw that #149 was recently release, which should mean there's only one more issue left, right? I'm really curious about whether it's improved since I've read it last and if the end is going to be satisfying enough to pick back up once it's finished... I stopped around issue 100 because it just wasn't the same after the Adversary arc.

Is anyone still reading Fables? I just saw that #149 was recently release, which should mean there's only one more issue left, right? I'm really curious about whether it's improved since I've read it last and if the end is going to be satisfying enough to pick back up once it's finished... I stopped around issue 100 because it just wasn't the same after the Adversary arc.

Funny story. Issue #150 of Fables is gonna be so huge, it alone is gonna be the Volume 22 TPB.

No, I'm not joking.

Zombine

Banned

I guess it picks up a bit and gets good-ish again.

Duress

So how is James Robinson's Starman? I really don't know much about the character, and it doesn't seem like they do anything with him. The closest thing I've read near it, is with the Star Spangled Kind in JSA.

fauxtrot

Banned
Funny story. Issue #150 of Fables is gonna be so huge, it alone is gonna be the Volume 22 TPB.

No, I'm not joking.

That's kind of amazing. I mean, there must be a lot to wrap up and I like the idea of them allowing all of it to be released on a single day for maximum impact rather than splitting it up over 4+ issues/months.

Still reading. I hope we get a happy ending. I'm nervous

fauxtrot

Banned
So next week's Batgirl is the last chance I'm giving the series to change my mind about the writing... don't let me down Stewart!

Top Bottom