• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Isak_Borg

Hey guys, I'm really confused. Spider-Woman #4 isn't on Marvel's February release calendar, and yet it's staring right at me on Comixology. What's going on here?!

Came out on 2/11 not sure what is up with Marvel's calendar.

Doubt CMX would have a book up early.

There's always drama in the Avengers. I'm in the middle of Busiek's run and there's stuff like Carol hiding her powers weakening and becoming an alcoholic, Wanda's relationship with Vision, Clint wants to be hardcore but Steve won't let him, etc.
Have you met triathlon yet? One of the silliest heroes/avengers besides Jack of hearts.

SRG01

Marvel is ashamed of the comic

LOL

Came out on 2/11 not sure what is up with Marvel's calendar.

Doubt CMX would have a book up early.

Yeah, I was thinking that they accidentally released it or something, but it seems legit.

I know I didn't bother to read the 4th issue. But I will go back to it once #5 comes out.

Actually, #4 is quite good. The length is actually reasonable for the amount I paid for it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Same here man. I recently bought Malcolm X's autobiography and no one* here knows who the guy was.

That is an excellent book. Definitely one of the more memorable books I've read. In fact, I probably remember more about that book than 95% of the other books I've read. For example, I'll always remember that Malcolm X would only sleep 3 hours every night. I could never do that. Gotta have a full night of sleep every night or I'm done.
Prepare yourself for the 50-100 pages where he talks about Islam though. That part was a major slog. And nothing to do with not being interested in what he has to say about Islam or anything, it's just written in a very dry way and drags on way too long. Besides that though, really, really good book.

NfsLypG.gif

I'm dying over here... I <3 you, Korupt.

Loool. I've never seen that gif before. Too good.

Cade

Well, my hunt for the Punisher Funko Pop didn't go as planned, though I did hit up 2/3 of the Walgreen's within a million miles. Second store had 2099 and Symbiote Suit, so I picked up the latter:

lightroom-4926vjyb5.jpg

Also, RIP JC again.

Bii

What the hell. I'm gone all day celebrating Black History Month™ and I come back here to find out JC is banned again.

Wait, JC's black!?

Is anyone still reading Fables? I just saw that #149 was recently release, which should mean there's only one more issue left, right? I'm really curious about whether it's improved since I've read it last and if the end is going to be satisfying enough to pick back up once it's finished... I stopped around issue 100 because it just wasn't the same after the Adversary arc.

Still reading it. I haven't read #149 yet but the past 8 or 9 issues before that have been fun to read. I'm really looking forward to #150.

I need some help with my next IST order guys. I don't wanna go over $80 or so this week. Here's what I'm looking at:

Basically, one can not advance to the next round. And I've been wanting to get Supernovas for over a month, but I kept putting it off.

Kipp

I need some help with my next IST order guys. I don't wanna go over $80 or so this week. Here's what I'm looking at:

Basically, one can not advance to the next round. And I've been wanting to get Supernovas for over a month, but I kept putting it off.

Well this probably doesn't help you that much, but obviously get New Frontier since it's a weekly deal right now. And because it's supposed to be good I guess.

Tizoc

^You didn't read DC NF Kipp? That's book's great, it's a nice shoutout to 50s era DC, putting Hal Jordon and Barry Allen's debutes as GL and Flash a primary focus on.

Stupmtown and New Frontier get my vote so go for those books =)

Kipp

^You didn't read DC NF Kipp? That's book's great, it's a nice shoutout to 50s era DC, putting Hal Jordon and Barry Allen's debutes as GL and Flash a primary focus on.

Nope, not yet. I definitely plan to read it eventually though.

new Frontier is a must. As is the first Stumptown trade (I foun to be the strongest). After that a toss up between xmen (Carey's run was amazing) or the second volume of Stumptown

new Frontier is a must. As is the first Stumptown trade (I foun to be the strongest). After that a toss up between xmen (Carey's run was amazing) or the second volume of Stumptown

Well, I can't buy one volume of Stumptown and not get both. Alright, I'll get New Frontier and Stumptown 1 and 2. I'll cap it at $65 this week. But I'll put the order in on Monday because I need to put in an order the following week anyway when the third Casanova hardcover comes out (assuming it doesn't get delayed again).

Well, I can't buy one volume of Stumptown and not get both. Alright, I'll get New Frontier and Stumptown 1 and 2. I'll cap it at $65 this week. But I'll put the order in on Monday because I need to put in an order the following week anyway when the third Casanova hardcover comes out (assuming it doesn't get delayed again).

Ah the third Casanova HC does come out soon, I forgot! Gonna get that and probably New Frontier together.

Gotta read the second one still, but at least I've been reading some comics this week.

Tizoc

See, that's the thing. I'm really kinda not. EXCEPT dat Darwyn Cook art HHHHNNNNGGGGG

Even if you don't like Golden or Silver Age stuff it is still a great book, as it shows how the US or world co-existing with Superheroes from WW2 til the early 60s, incorporating the Korea War too in one or two issues.
tl;dr Golden Age stuff shouldn't affect your entertainment of the book.

rude

Banned
Mmmmm that Sandman Overture art. What else is there good to read with JH's drawing? I've already been through Batwoman and Promethea.

fertygo

So I'm caught up to Fraction's Hawkeye, still frigging love it.

Only one problem, for the life of me.. I can't remember what Clint problem that make these gangbros after his life.

Help?

Drayco21

So I'm caught up to Fraction's Hawkeye, still frigging love it.

Only one problem, for the life of me.. I can't remember what Clint problem that make these gangbros after his life.

Help?

They want him out of the apartment so the Tracksuit Dracula's bosses can build a shopping mall there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JC...ffs. We keep asking everytime if its perma this time, but seriously, arent there a limit to how many bans you can get before it IS perma?

kd-z

All of you are forgetting X-Men Evolution in your animated Marvel discussion. It was an awesome show and it actually got me into comics and animation!

And what I liked about EMH was how it was often based on classic Avengers stories, like the Korvacs saga and Ultron Unlimited. It was a fantastic info to non-movie Avengers, IMO.
That is an excellent book. Definitely one of the more memorable books I've read. In fact, I probably remember more about that book than 95% of the other books I've read. For example, I'll always remember that Malcolm X would only sleep 3 hours every night. I could never do that. Gotta have a full night of sleep every night or I'm done.
Prepare yourself for the 50-100 pages where he talks about Islam though. That part was a major slog. And nothing to do with not being interested in what he has to say about Islam or anything, it's just written in a very dry way and drags on way too long. Besides that though, really, really good book.
Good to know. I haven't really felt like reading it yet, but it'll definitely happen soon.
Well, my hunt for the Punisher Funko Pop didn't go as planned, though I did hit up 2/3 of the Walgreen's within a million miles. Second store had 2099 and Symbiote Suit, so I picked up the latter:

lightroom-4926vjyb5.jpg
I'm not a big fan of Funkos, but this one is great. Looks like he wants to kick my butt.

PsychBat!

Banned
X-Men Evolution was tough to watch at times. It just reminded me that I still missed the previous X-Men show. And when the X-Men wore their civilian clothes, I just shook my head.

All in all, it was okay. But I would never consider it a classic.

kd-z

Hey, people, what are your opinions on Infinite Crisis? I'm tempted to finally buy it, I want a punchy superhero book with a lot of characters and I'm intrigued by this Superboy Prime fella.

This weekend I'm finally going to start Sandman... the fact that I've never read it has been hanging over my head for years and it's time to rectify that!

Kinda like Messi with Star Wars, only I'm actually going to do something about it. ;)

I'm doing the same at the moment, it's so good. Living up to the hype and then some.

X-Men Evolution was easily the best of the X-Men cartoons. Take off the nostalgia goggles and you'll realise that X-Men '92 has always been crap. Even when I was 5, I knew B:TAS and the like were superior.

Hell yeah. Tomorrow is complicated with it being Valentine's Day, but I'm be around all week because I'm on winter break.

Sweet. Lemme know when you wanna play.

Avengers:EMH was Cancelled for this trash.

I heard some of the EMH writers are on this show now.

I agree about Marvel animation but EMH was good. Wolverine and the X-Men however was OK, and by OK I mean the absolute textbook definition of average. I felt empty after every episode I watched.

I'm just over halfway through EMH and I'm really enjoying it. Have to agree with you on WatXM, though, it's pretty mediocre.

lightroom-4926vjyb5.jpg

I think it's about time I start actually asking the employees at my nearest Walgreens about these. I need my Punisher.

I can't believe Marvel/Funko decided to make Punisher and Venom exclusives, and to Walgreens of all places.

Tizoc

EMH's 2nd Season is good for its first 13 episodes, but the later episodes's qualities varry.
There's an ep. that featured Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spidey and Luke Cage as Avengers though

Hey, people, what are your opinions on Infinite Crisis? I'm tempted to finally buy it, I want a punchy superhero book with a lot of characters and I'm intrigued by this Superboy Prime fella.
It has its detractors but I really enjoyed it. It had a great build up with the 4 minis (villian's United, omac, etc) and was a lot of fun. Even if it was silly at times. I'd recommend it

Top Bottom