• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Is anyone still reading Fables? I just saw that #149 was recently release, which should mean there's only one more issue left, right? I'm really curious about whether it's improved since I've read it last and if the end is going to be satisfying enough to pick back up once it's finished... I stopped around issue 100 because it just wasn't the same after the Adversary arc.

I stilll need to pick up the last two trades..or reread the last ones i had. I don't remember them.

Sou Da

That's actually pretty great.

Figured I do this

BXdZ5cS.jpg

Didn't mind Gillen's Darth Vader. I really don't like Larocca's art, but it's not too bad in Star wars with all the aliens and such. Hate hate hated it in Iron Man though.

Vyer

So how is James Robinson's Starman? I really don't know much about the character, and it doesn't seem like they do anything with him. The closest thing I've read near it, is with the Star Spangled Kind in JSA.

It's excellent. More like present day Indies than your standard superhero book. You don't really need to know a whole lot, except it's about the original Starman, Ted Knight, who has retired, and his two sons, David and Jack. It brings in versions of the characters from Starman history (and previous Starmans) but Most references are easy to pick up along the way.

So how is James Robinson's Starman? I really don't know much about the character, and it doesn't seem like they do anything with him. The closest thing I've read near it, is with the Star Spangled Kind in JSA.
One of the best cape runs of all time. It's a book that embraces the DCS history and the aspects I loved of pre-52. Emphasis on family, legacy, and the notion of passing the torch. It along with JSA made me really love the DCS universe, not just Batman :) you don't need to know anything about the character before hand. They explain it all along the way.

fauxtrot

Banned
I was looking at Comics Alliance's Best Art Ever (This Week) and it made me wish Marvel would do something more like this for a new Spider-Man book... it feels fresh even though it's not that original of a way to draw him. It makes me think of a less distorted / more accessible version of what Filipe Andrade did with Captain Marvel.

edit - Speaking of Spider-Man, I'm still really disappointed that Marvel went for a renumbering with Dan Slott still at the helm... I get why they did it, but I feel like it would have been way cooler if they'd have waited until after Slott was gone and someone new was actually doing something refreshing/interesting with the character. I'll be happy when Nick Spencer finally gets his shot at writing the franchise (you know it's happening sooner than later).

omgkitty

I just got my package from IST and holy shit you guys were not kidding. Literally the best packing job I've ever seen in my life.

Vyer

I just got my package from IST and holy shit you guys were not kidding. Literally the best packing job I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah. If it wasn't for the delay and complete lack of clarity in what was in stock or not, it would be a perfect experience. Even with those issues I was really pleased.

Boogiepop

Read Wolverine & Jubilee last night. A thoroughly okay yet unexceptional comic for me. Decent enough and puts some Jubilee on my shelf to go with my Bishoujo at least.

frye

I was looking at Comics Alliance's Best Art Ever (This Week) and it made me wish Marvel would do something more like this for a new Spider-Man book... it feels fresh even though it's not that original of a way to draw him. It makes me think of a less distorted / more accessible version of what Filipe Andrade did with Captain Marvel.

Have you read those McKeever/Miyazawa Spider-Man Loves Mary Janes? Not really a "pure" Spidey-book but I think you'd dig it

Read Wolverine & Jubilee last night. A thoroughly okay yet unexceptional comic for me. Decent enough and puts some Jubilee on my shelf to go with my Bishoujo at least.

Get X-23's solo by Liu. Jubilee guest starred for one arc. And the X-Men all female featured Jubilee and was one of the few good parts of it.

I will be reading this starting this weekend. Am going in blind, without any pre-knowledge of the character. Will post thoughts as I go along.

E the Shaggy

I just tried watching Ultimate Spiderman for the first time, with the Deadpool episode, and holy shit, the backgrounds look like someone google searched things like "city" and "foreign country" then slapped filters on them.

Come on Marvel, you're better than this.

Sou Da

I just tried watching Ultimate Spiderman for the first time, with the Deadpool episode, and holy shit, the backgrounds look like someone google searched things like "city" and "foreign country" then slapped filters on them.

Come on Marvel, you're better than this.

They aren't, you should see some gifs from Avengers Assemble.

Sou Da

I tried to watch Avengers Assemble, I really tried. But no Wasp and a boring Hawkeye and Black Widow... I couldn't do it.

Here's hoping Wacker does something out of the box. Or by some miracle spectacular spider-man comes back and Weisman gets his wish. The shit I learned about that series through AskGreg, damn
wow.png

I never got the appeal of EMH tbh, I never really liked the voice acting or animation or the stories either really. For some reason I watched like 20 episodes though

PsychBat!

Banned
Avengers Assemble has so many problems that make me want to just destroy my TV.

Animation
Voice Acting
*fantastic* personalities
Plot

It's gonna take a miracle for it to be enjoyable.

Sou Da

Avengers Assemble has so many problems that make me want to just destroy my TV.

Animation
Voice Acting
*fantastic* personalities
Plot

It's gonna take a miracle for it to be enjoyable.

Who thought it would be cool to make them all hate eachother?

Marvel animation is almost universally terrible. Even EMH was just "OK".

I agree about Marvel animation but EMH was good. Wolverine and the X-Men however was OK, and by OK I mean the absolute textbook definition of average. I felt empty after every episode I watched.

There's always drama in the Avengers. I'm in the middle of Busiek's run and there's stuff like Carol hiding her powers weakening and becoming an alcoholic, Wanda's relationship with Vision, Clint wants to be hardcore but Steve won't let him, etc.

Hell yeah. Tomorrow is complicated with it being Valentine's Day, but I'm be around all week because I'm on winter break.

Dude I have no idea how I did that lol

You just jonesin the second volume as much as everyone else will once they buy the first! Hopefully they will pump them out fairly quick since the series is complete. Maybe like 1 every three months?

Marvel animation is almost universally terrible. Even EMH was just "OK".
I'd say it's pretty good. It started rough but then it started to have fun bringing in comic story lines, interacting with other marvel, chRacters, etc. Marvel animations history isn't great but I'd say Avengers:EMH is the second best marvel animated show behind spectacular spidey. Both died to be replaced with trash shows

And BP was badass in the show and lived up to his status of "the batman of marvel" status

SRG01

Hey guys, I'm really confused. Spider-Woman #4 isn't on Marvel's February release calendar, and yet it's staring right at me on Comixology. What's going on here?!

Top Bottom