• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Splatt

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/918?stockItemID=AUG140839

Hawkeye 22 releasing on 22 April...
PJacGEw.gif

Year 2017

Dunbar

Hilarious. Lemire's Hawkeye will already be two issues in by the time #22 comes out. And if it slips another week or two, maybe three issues in.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I just finished Unknown Soldier. Such an amazing comic, the last volume in particular was something special.

Awesome. It's always good to hear that someone else has read it. Not enough people have.
One of my all-time favorite series. So good.

It isn't, really. Gaiman at his most cloying and annoying imo

my nigga described it "a foppish porridge of constipated whimsy with perhaps the most precious ending in comics’ history"

he wasn't wrong tho...shame cuz Kubert was legit

Just finished reading this (Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader) . I'll have to agree. Wasn't great but I did enjoy it more than 1602. The art was very nice though.

The deluxe HC also included a few more storeies. "A Black & White World" was very interesting but the Ivy and Riddler stories fell a bit flat. (Pavane, Original Sins and When is A Door?).

Hilarious. Lemire's Hawkeye will already be two issues in by the time #22 comes out. And if it slips another week or two, maybe three issues in.

Lol

How do people possibly give a fuck after reading the last issue.

Absolutely mind boggling.

"Wait, it took them how long to paint the Sistine chapel? Shit, man, I could go to three churches in my neighborhood for a week each for that period of time."

THAT'S hilarious.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not even sure I can read the next Hawkeye run. This one has been so good that I just can't get excited for a new team. I'll be picking up that last issue and then weeping manly tears.

Splatt

Lol

"Wait, it took them how long to paint the Sistine chapel? Shit, man, I could go to three churches in my neighborhood for a week each for that period of time."

THAT'S hilarious.

I love your analogies

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'll almost feel bad for buying the Hawkeye vol 2 OHC and reading a year's worth of issues in an hour.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just finished reading this (Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader) . I'll have to agree. Wasn't great but I did enjoy it more than 1602. The art was very nice though.
I enjoyed the hell out of Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. Really liked the meta-trip through Batman's history--a meta-story for a meta-funeral.

Pacing issues aside, I was sold after the sign language issue. As long as the issue actually comes out I'm cool. It's not like this book is Sandman Overture. Lol.

The great thing about both is every time an issue drops, they're fucking 10/10s. Reading both in trade is going to fuck people up in the best ways.

Zombine

Banned
The great thing about both is every time an issue drops, they're fucking 10/10s. Reading both in trade is going to fuck people up in the best ways.

It's time to buy stock in Levi or Hanes because after people read these books collected they're going to shit their pants.

Boogiepop

Man, my Monster Hunter new 3ds is on the way from Gamestop, and I got myself all excited as it reached the state last night which almost always means it'll arrive the next day, despite the estimated delivery being Monday. But it has yet to move at all today so I'm getting worried. Stupid Sunday and its lack of delivery has me worried I may need to wait an extra two days, but I got myself hyped up such that I really want it today. Come on, UPS! Come through for me!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That's gross. That's why you wear depends before hand, or squat on the toilet while reading it.

Finally, somebody else who understands how great reading comics on the shitter is.

E the Shaggy

Lol

THAT'S hilarious.

Ehhh people won't care once the series is all said and done, like it seems bad now but it won't matter.

Nothing was worse than the Civil War delays and nobody remembers that shit. McNiven took MONTHS to finish the series and because they didn't want to spoil the ending, Marvel had to postpone every series that was tied into it, ie everything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ehhh people won't care once the series is all said and done, like it seems bad now but it won't matter.

Nothing was worse than the Civil War delays and nobody remembers that shit. McNiven took MONTHS to finish the series and because they didn't want to spoil the ending, Marvel had to postpone every series that was tied into it, ie everything.

LOL, what a disaster :D

Got today a big shot of money and ordered a lot of comics for it - yeay! And my first Funko Pop. I am ready to finally join Figure GAF!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who did you get?

I am planning to buy a couple more when Ive got a new shelf for my comics.
I want to place them fitting to the series of books in the shelf, so next to my Batman books I wanna place a couple of Batman related Funkos.
I only hate that there are so many great exclusive Funkos coming up, i would really pay a bigger amount of money to get hands on a Hulkbuster. Or a dancing Baby Groot.

Next up are a couple of Disney Infinites. Their Thor and their Venom are great.

Oh my god, look at this (copied from Funko OT):
I fucking need this.

I am planning to buy a couple more when Ive got a new shelf for my comics.
I want to place them fitting to the series of books in the shelf, so next to my Batman books I wanna place a couple of Batman related Funkos.
I only hate that there are so many great exclusive Funkos coming up, i would really pay a bigger amount of money to get hands on a Hulkbuster. Or a dancing Baby Groot.

Next up are a couple of Disney Infinites. Their Thor and their Venom are great.

Oh my god, look at this (copied from Funko OT):
I fucking need this.

I like your plan, man.

Owzers

dc-hero_20150212_DCC_toyFair_54dcfca6b59d32.29002672.jpg

Meh. Not for €300

I don't care about motorcycles so that whole line is iffy for me. Plus that tattoo.

I'm terrible at Banner Saga, everyone is starving and not leveling up. I finally got some good stuff going with Team Varl and i'm sent back to the other team where everyone is under leveled yet having to fight the same strong enemies. I don't think there's much balance to the game during the course of playing.

Easy mode?

Owzers

That bleez dc cover girls looks amazzzzzzzzing, if i liked bleez i'd get it.

not a huge fan of the bombshell line in general, two standouts seem to be Lois and Batwoman. Catwoman smoking in a chair....i dunno.

I wish pubs would post tentative timelines for omni projects. Like for the Abnett/Lanning Cosmic, we know Annihilation: Conquest is coming but would be nice to have a road map. Do I need to grab the GOTG Comp. Collections? Or will they be included down the line? Nova?

Or whatever the fuck they are doing with Ultimate U now. Are they seriously gonna do like a 25 omni series collecting all the main stuff like 8 issues at a time?

Even Hickman's current, OHCs for Avengers and New Avengers are dropping soon, will those not include Infinity in later volumes? Which means if you want all OHC you gonna have some heavy double dip on that Infinity OHC?

/rant

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The new Hachette Catalogue has to drop in the next weeks. When the next Hickmann Avengers Books arent included in this one, I will drop the bullet and order the Infinity OHC and double dip.

I wish pubs would post tentative timelines for omni projects. Like for the Abnett/Lanning Cosmic, we know Annihilation: Conquest is coming but would be nice to have a road map. Do I need to grab the GOTG Comp. Collections? Or will they be included down the line? Nova?

Or whatever the fuck they are doing with Ultimate U now. Are they seriously gonna do like a 25 omni series collecting all the main stuff like 8 issues at a time?

Even Hickman's current, OHCs for Avengers and New Avengers are dropping soon, will those not include Infinity in later volumes? Which means if you want all OHC you gonna have some heavy double dip on that Infinity OHC?

/rant
Yeah that would be nice.

It looks like they're messing up on the OHCs for Hickmans run. Rather than take both series and staggering issues into the collection they've just put the collections into New Avengers and Avengers. They better get it right for the omnis

Cade

I'm not a big fan of Funkos, but this one is great. Looks like he wants to kick my butt.

I definitely greatly prefer the ones without human faces, as a lot of them tend to look like the same person in a different costume. So masked ones are cool. My exception are the X-Files ones, which I need to own as soon as they release.

I think it's about time I start actually asking the employees at my nearest Walgreens about these. I need my Punisher.

I can't believe Marvel/Funko decided to make Punisher and Venom exclusives, and to Walgreens of all places.

Seriously. Absolutely a stupid idea. 2099 and Black suit spider-man are fan favorites, too, but Punisher and Venom? Seriously?

Catching up on Batman Eternal and god is harper's design terrible. Doesn't help that she's annoying as hell and somehow is better than Tim at everything.

Top Bottom