• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

That bleez dc cover girls looks amazzzzzzzzing, if i liked bleez i'd get it.

not a huge fan of the bombshell line in general, two standouts seem to be Lois and Batwoman. Catwoman smoking in a chair....i dunno.

bombshells are A+ (except wonder woman and batgirl)

and lois' design is great but her eyes are fucked up to me

batwoman is perfect

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Catching up on MU new releases. I'm glad I didn't spend money on Original Sin. Just read #7 of 8 and this thing is all over the map. I still don't get the point of the event outside some editorial giant hand moving Nick Fury off the marvel board to serve their MCU masters
Better was even the retcon, that
Dum Dum Dogan was all the time a fucking Life Modell Decon

Where are the pics of these at?

No pics (yet). There's a video on DC's facebook page here.

Edit: Here we go...

ScreenShot2015-02-15at11532am_zps05c34c0e.png

zdJZGFn.jpg

WkujMIB.jpg

Why is the first volume of Absolute Promethea so hard to find in comparison to the others? Frustrating to have the other two but be forced to read the nasty paperbacks of the first twelve issues.

Why is the first volume of Absolute Promethea so hard to find in comparison to the others? Frustrating to have the other two but be forced to read the nasty paperbacks of the first twelve issues.

Well lots of people buy vol 1 and then stop, or they had a lower print run because they were unsure of how it would sell.

headshot95

Neo Member
Awesome. It's always good to hear that someone else has read it. Not enough people have.
One of my all-time favorite series. So good.

It's so good but I can understand why it doesn't have a huge reader base. It's a very violent comic and might be a little to "real." But by placing the story in such real world events, and having the extensive research to backup the comic's story, it only adds to it's greatness in my eyes.

headshot95

Neo Member
Does Marvel plan on releasing a second Hawkeye OHC? I know they are doing an omnibus but I haven't seen anything about them doing a second hardcover.

Does buying 2 OHC has advantage than buying omnibus? I know omnibus maybe cheaper.. but I dunno, fewer page resulted to better binding maybe? I maybe will opt for that instead if that's the case.

If you own OHC 1, then I'd say 2 is a better purchase, otherwise prob just go Omni.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
OK, just out of curiosity, what's Comic-GAF's opinion on Mavel Essentials, DC's Showcase Presents & other such cheapass B&W trades?

Well if you're okay with B&W and don't mind phone-book-sized paperbacks, they're great value. Most people prefer colored and reasonably-sized books though.

Does buying 2 OHC has advantage than buying omnibus? I know omnibus maybe cheaper.. but I dunno, fewer page resulted to better binding maybe? I maybe will opt for that instead if that's the case.
Usually the OHC are easier to read, carry, etc. Omnibuses can get pretty unwieldy quickly

Finished up The unwritten series by Mike Carey. Kind of a crazy meta ending but then I guess for this story it makes sense and works. I'm just happy Carey was able to have the series go as long as he wants and not be like midnight crossing and have to abruptly end it (very underrated series BTW). Overall fun series and I'd put it second behind Lucifer in his non cape/indie work

Finished up The unwritten series by Mike Carey. Kind of a crazy meta ending but then I guess for this story it makes sense and works. I'm just happy Carey was able to have the series go as long as he wants and not be like midnight crossing and have to abruptly end it (very underrated series BTW). Overall fun series and I'd put it second behind Lucifer in his non cape/indie work

Overall I liked the book, but the Fables crossover really fucked up my interest in the book. Not being a Fables reader, I didn't know what the fuck was going on, and being so close to the end of the series just made me lost interest completely.

Owzers

I've been reading a lot of varied stuff on comixology in an attempt to clear out the digital backlog. Finished Dark Knight Strikes Again and Six Gun Gorilla, now it's time to tackle Heck by Zander Cannon. Early in, but i'm enjoying it. The art is on the rough side but it and the writing have a very endearing quality to it that make the crazy situation seem normal.

^^i'm behind on Unwritten still, i left off at vol 7 but have vol 8 on the shelf. I'm still enjoying it but not as much as i did volume 1.

watching parts of the Smackdown rerun of thursday's episode, this Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan stuff is sooooooooooo bad...i guess it's like everything else!

Overall I liked the book, but the Fables crossover really fucked up my interest in the book. Not being a Fables reader, I didn't know what the fuck was going on, and being so close to the end of the series just made me lost interest completely.
Strange. It's easy to skip and doesn't affect anything. And though it ends that volume, There's still the whole 12 issues of Unwritten:apocalypse to go through. So I wouldn't say its that close to the end

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Usually the OHC are easier to read, carry, etc. Omnibuses can get pretty unwieldy quickly

One thing I really like about the thinner paper that Marvel is using for their omnibuses lately is that I don't even need to use the OORP.
I've been reading the Alias omnibus comfortably while lying down, just like I would an OHC or a TPB.
I really don't mind the thinner pages. Even though they're thinner, it still feels like nice paper. Just not thick.

Top Bottom