• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I am hovering over batgirl b&w and lois bombshell on DCBS. I cant pull the trigger. Any chance they fuck up preorders on Batgirl? I don't wanna lose out.

I already ordered both. Won't find them cheaper.

What do you mean "fuck up?"

And why do I have GAF ads telling me to date Arab women?

GAF trying to do you a solid after searching for Mia Khalifa

Well, I can't say that I didn't search for such a thing.

The Harley B&W got me shook.

Ah. Don't worry about it. Though I would order before she comes out. I wouldn't count on her sticking around too long.

I wish I bought that Arkham Asylum Harley statue. But I wasn't into the DCC ones at the time. Looks rad as fuck, but she's also expensive as fuck now.

Messi

Well, I can't say that I didn't search for such a thing.

Ah. Don't worry about it. Though I would order before she comes out. I wouldn't count on her sticking around too long.

I wish I bought that Arkham Asylum Harley statue. But I wasn't into the DCC ones at the time. Looks rad as fuck, but she's also expensive as fuck now.

I have 6 statues on order on BBTS, but I was gonna move over to DCBS as they go up.

I have 6 statues on order on BBTS, but I was gonna move over to DCBS as they go up.

That's generally what I do, just for peace of mind.

I get ads telling me to date fit women. I think it's because I clicked on a link to a thread on the bodybuilding forum once.

Google ads (or whatever ad-server GAF uses) is pretty f'ing racist, then. I've been clicking threads in OT about ISIS executing people.

Messi

Most exciting day of the month. New iPad wallpaper day.

CONV-ACT-2-5a32b.jpg

GREEN LANTERN BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS, GRANT MORRISON, PETER J. TOMASI and others
Art by MIKE McKONE, IVAN REIS, PHILIP TAN, DOUG MAHNKE, ED BENES and others
Cover by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
On sale JULY 29 • 1,040 pg, FC, $99.99 US
The second massive volume of GREEN LANTERN tales written by best-selling writer Geoff Johns is here, collecting GREEN LANTERN #26-52, BLACKEST NIGHT #0-7, DC UNIVERSE #0, UNTOLD TALES OF BLACKEST NIGHT #1-2 and BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1-2. In these stories, Hal Jordan and his comrades must face the threat of the Alpha Lanterns, the rage of the Red Lanterns, the rise of the Black Lanterns, and much more!

So it looks like John's whole run is going to be 3 volumes? Or might it go into 4?

The rest should be GL #53-#67 + v5 #01-#20. Anything else?

NEW Alan Moore solicit is amazing

PROVIDENCE #1 REGULAR COVER
$3.99 US
Writer: Alan Moore
Covers and Art: Jacen Burrows
MR, Color, 32 pages, monthly, 1 of 12

The most important work of 2015 begins here with the long-awaited arrival of Alan Moore’s breathtaking epic PROVIDENCE with his artistic partner Jacen Burrows. In his most carefully considered work in decades, Moore deconstructs all of Lovecraft’s concepts, reinventing the entirety of his work inside a painstakingly researched framework of American history. Both sequel and prequel to NEONOMICON, PROVIDENCE begins in 1919 and blends the mythical visions of HPL flawlessly into the cauldron of racial and sexual intolerance that defined that era on the East Coast of America. Every line from artist Jacen Burrows is perfectly honed to complete this immersive experience. The result is a breathtaking masterpiece of sequential art that will define modern horror for this generation. Invoking a comparison it to a prior literary masterpiece is not something to be handled lightly, but in scope, importance and execution: Providence is the Watchmen of horror.
Moore has designed every cover, every single page, and every nuance of this work to create his most fully-realized vision to date. There are no ads, all 32 pages are written by Moore, and Jacen Burrows has spent the past two years slaving over the finest detail possible on the pages. The entire work is already written, intricately crafted to tie the most nuanced threads together over the breadth of the series. Painstakingly researched, meticulously produced, this is a sequential masterpiece that will serve as important a call to the next generation of comic book writers as Watchmen did 30 years ago: this is a definitive demonstration of just how good a comic book can be. Available with Regular, Pantheon, Portrait, Dreamscape Wraparound, Women of HPL, and a special Ancient Tome Incentive cover, all by collaborator Jacen Burrows.

tim1138

So it looks like John's whole run is going to be 3 volumes? Or might it go into 4?

The rest should be GL #53-#67 + v5 #01-#20. Anything else?

I'm thinking four, because you figure they'll include the crossover issues for War of the Green Lanterns in volume 3 (or else it wouldn't make a lot of sense). Then volume 4 will be all of the N52 run and could include the Third Army and First Lantern stuff.

I'm thinking four, because you figure they'll include the crossover issues for War of the Green Lanterns in volume 3 (or else it wouldn't make a lot of sense). Then volume 4 will be all of the N52 run and could include the Third Army and First Lantern stuff.

Does the pre N52 run wrap up cleanly?

I got the first two library editions of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 in the mail today. Damn, they are thick!

I wish I had gotten these. My wife loves Buffy and we have season 8 spread between singles and trades. Those library editions are on point.

EDIT: btw has anyone read the Avatar: The Last Airbender books? The library edition of the rift looks tempting. I got the Lost Adventures book and they were pretty good but they were just small stories

It is a bit dead though. A Star Wars OT would probably be the best idea.
This is a really good idea. The only active, continuous, SW thread is the EP7 rumor thread and they don't talk about Star Wars much. It's mostly just about movie stuff.

Every time I bring up anything EU or lore related, it gets ignored.

EDIT: I forgot about the Rebels thread. That thread is pretty cool.

Boogiepop

Today was a good day for stuff showing up. My package that had been lost to the void showed up, carrying in it the questionable quality combo of Sonic Lost World 3DS and Metroid: Other M, so I don't have to worry about dealing with USPS over that any more. And my IST order popped up, so that's good! And I even got a paycheck in the mail. Hooray!

Edit: Also finished off the Batman animated stuff (The Batman doesn't exist, and I know nothing of Beware the Batman) with Mystery of the Batwoman, which was solid. Oh, and I started up Killer 7 with a friend as well. It seems... confusing, to say the least.

awww yea

MARFIRSTS1990SV1_HC.jpg

MARVEL FIRSTS: THE 1990S OMNIBUS HC
Written by HOWARD MACKIE, GREGORY WRIGHT, FABIAN NICIEZA, PETER DAVID, DAN ABNETT, DG CHICHESTER, CHRISTIAN COOPER, TOM DEFALCO, JOHN OSTRANDER, JORGE GONZALES, TOM PEYER & MORE
Penciled by JAVIER SALTARES, JACKSON GUICE, MARK BAGLEY, ANGEL MEDINA, STEVEN BUTLER, RICHARD CASE, RON GARNEY, ART THIBERT, RON FRENZ, GABRIEL GECKO, TOM TENNEY, SCOTT MCDANIEL, PASQUAL FERRY, JIM CHEUNG & MORE

Totally buying this. I'd buy that Ultimate Marvel Omnibus too if I didn't already own several copies of those books

awww yea

MARFIRSTS1990SV1_HC.jpg

MARVEL FIRSTS: THE 1990S OMNIBUS HC
Written by HOWARD MACKIE, GREGORY WRIGHT, FABIAN NICIEZA, PETER DAVID, DAN ABNETT, DG CHICHESTER, CHRISTIAN COOPER, TOM DEFALCO, JOHN OSTRANDER, JORGE GONZALES, TOM PEYER & MORE
Penciled by JAVIER SALTARES, JACKSON GUICE, MARK BAGLEY, ANGEL MEDINA, STEVEN BUTLER, RICHARD CASE, RON GARNEY, ART THIBERT, RON FRENZ, GABRIEL GECKO, TOM TENNEY, SCOTT MCDANIEL, PASQUAL FERRY, JIM CHEUNG & MORE

Totally buying this. I'd buy that Ultimate Marvel Omnibus too if I didn't already own several copies of those books

The Liefeld, it buuuuuuurns.

Bloodember

I am hovering over batgirl b&w and lois bombshell on DCBS. I cant pull the trigger. Any chance they fuck up preorders on Batgirl? I don't wanna lose out.
I've never had an issue with DCBS with preorders, if you get your order in by the deadline you will most likely get it.

On another note.

Not sure about anyone else but I'm not excited for secret wars at all. I'll just read it on mu in 6 months. I might get ultimate end and the 2099 series though. I am excited for convergence though.

Owzers

I think if i order the Batwoman statue and it has a glaring paint problem i will notify DCBS asap instead of endlessly stressing out over it.

This probably isn't true and i'll just stress.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I hope a bunch of y'all are picking up Silver Surfer #9 tomorrow. The series is fucking excellent, and...just look at this from a previous issue:

silvsurf2014008-int2-5-123dd.jpg

Top Bottom