• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Thanks Korupt, i think i'm still leaning towards that Batwoman Bomshell next though. There wasn't supposed to be a next...

I watched Lucy tonight, fun movie, and that makes three movies lately that i liked: John Wick, Gone Girl, and Lucy. I'm having a hard time processing the emotions involved in liking several things in a short amount of time, maybe i'll finish watching Scary Movie 5 to reset.

I'm getting that but that's not releasing til September.

Thanks Korupt, i think i'm still leaning towards that Batwoman Bomshell next though. There wasn't supposed to be a next...

I watched Lucy tonight, fun movie, and that makes three movies lately that i liked: John Wick, Gone Girl, and Lucy. I'm having a hard time processing the emotions involved in liking several things in a short amount of time, maybe i'll finish watching Scary Movie 5 to reset.
I liked Lucy to an extent but that's probably because I've got a soft spot for Scarlett Johansson. It was mostly a dumb movie. John Wick was a legit good action movie with great gunplay

Lucy's kinda dumb fun but it does try, and I gotta give it some credit for trying in an action blockbuster

John Wick is almost perfect, maybe save for some questionable music choices

Tizoc

My DC New Frontier book should be on its way~

Your avatar makes me go daaaaawwww every time I see it. it is totally dorbz.

I actually want to rip out its eyeballs and add it to an eyeball collection, and also to see how the face would look like with big hollow eyes
:V

I've decided to no longer get Omnibuses, unless they're the DC Showcase books, cuz how else am i gonna have those classic stories collected?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
All this talk of New Frontier is making me want to read through that again. Such a great book. Darwyn Cooke's art is joyful to view.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Truly universal appeal. If you don't like Cooke you're probably an emotionless, joyless robot.

Still waiting on that avatar.

Ha, I'll give it a go. I do have some reference pictures here to work from. We'll see if I get enough time during work today to do it justice.

Ha, I'll give it a go. I do have some reference pictures here to work from. We'll see if I get enough time during work today to do it justice.

I'm just saying. There are few absolutes in life: death, taxes, wetflame will make any pizza dog avatar mod I suggest or request. It'd be a shame if you shook my worldview of one of these pillars.

Guys I just can't join your statue lifestyles. I like to be able to play with my toy models. My starships can get into space fights, my heroclix can let me endlessly destroy Marvel teams with a Legion team, but a Harley bust ain't gonna do any of that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm just saying. There are few absolutes in life: death, taxes, wetflame will make any pizza dog avatar mod I suggest or request. It'd be a shame if you shook my worldview of one of these pillars.

Ha, fine. I'll try. I don't think I can re-draw Pizza Dog in the Darwyn Cooke style though, that's a bit beyond my abilities. I'll see what I can do to give it a little Cooke flavour though.

Ha, fine. I'll try. I don't think I can re-draw Pizza Dog in the Darwyn Cooke style though, that's a bit beyond my abilities. I'll see what I can do to give it a little Cooke flavour though.

I mean, let's be honest, even the squinted eyes and a big dumb all white smile would probably get the idea across.

fertygo

Oh shit this week Eternal is cray cray
as expected Ra is just another red herring

And dat snippet about Batgirl: Endgame

HNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

EDIT: See guys. this what I'm telling you.. I'll always believe in Babs! Arghhj, this issue of Batgurl are awesome.

fertygo

Can't wait for StoOgE's reaction.

Wanna spoiler both the Eternal and Batgirl bits for me?

Eternal: Its not much, but from conservation with Dr. Dark and Batman Ra just saying he have nothing to do with all of this.

Batgirl: Babs fixing up thing with Dinah, hug and all that.. and fake cyber batgirl theory is real ayy lmao

Batgirl:
Babs fixing up thing with Dinah, hug and all that.. and fake cyber batgirl theory is real ayy lmao

80ivZjn.png

CYBER BABS BECOMES THE NEW ORACLE. CALLING IT. Or she gets a robot body somehow.

Eternal: Its not much, but from conservation with Dr. Dark and Batman Ra just saying he have nothing to do with all of this.

Batman Eternal-
I thought it was interesting that they picked up threads from the Talon series. Considering Snyder created him, it's odd Calvin Rose hasn't appeared at all in this book yet.

With Ras another red herring like every other villain who's appeared so far, Lincoln March is really the only person left who could be the big bad.

Never had any issues with the art, Babs Tarr is a superstar. The writing has been less than great though.

I haven't seen the issue with the writing. I could see someone not liking the direction or whatever: but from a technical writing standpoint nothing really stands out as bad. It flows together smoothly. It's also made an excellent use of panel space. The book feels pretty dense in both eye candy and words, but never to the point of a giant exposition word balloon.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I haven't seen the issue with the writing. I could see someone not liking the direction or whatever: but from a technical writing standpoint nothing really stands out as bad. It flows together smoothly. It's also made an excellent use of panel space. The book feels pretty dense in both eye candy and words, but never to the point of a giant exposition word balloon.

I think it's the tone. I've not read a bunch of Batgirl from before this run, but I get the impression that people are saying she's written very differently from previous runs and almost seems like a different character. Like I said, I don't really notice because I only really started reading with this current run. Oh, and I read Batgirl Year One. But that doesn't seem too different.

I think it's the tone. I've not read a bunch of Batgirl from before this run, but I get the impression that people are saying she's written very differently from previous runs and almost seems like a different character. Like I said, I don't really notice because I only really started reading with this current run. Oh, and I read Batgirl Year One. But that doesn't seem too different.

Yeah and I respect that. I even feel that way. But that's more an issue with direction than writing. Modern Nocenti is bad writing. Modern Nocenti gives no fucks about the grammatical requirements of modern English. If this were a new character or the first appearance of New 52 Babs it's actually very good. It's written well (to me) in that respect.

I'm kind of getting over my issues with it. Like all things it will pass in time.

CRACKPOT THEORY:
Cyber Babs is the real Babs and she wants her life and body back.

Messi

My DC New Frontier book should be on its way~

I actually want to rip out its eyeballs and add it to an eyeball collection, and also to see how the face would look like with big hollow eyes
:V

I've decided to no longer get Omnibuses, unless they're the DC Showcase books, cuz how else am i gonna have those classic stories collected?

What
The
Fuck

tim1138

On a technical there's nothing wrong with the writing, I've just found it to be boring and uninteresting. It's all style (the art) and no substance (the writing), kinda reminds me of the Buccelato/Manapul Flash run in that regard.

tim1138

Well that was quite the last page reveal in Batgirl.

Pretty clever way of keeping Babsgirl but also having Babs Oracle

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Noto Captain America variant is the bomb. So good.

Ok, so I did my Darwyn Cooke avatar. I think this turned out creepier than the Squirrel Girl one. I tried to get a halftone effect like the New Frontier cover but I'm not sure how great it turned out. You can't win them all.

rXPPCdW.png

It's super difficult to find art by Darwyn Cooke of men with their eyes open, just in case you were wondering.

Ok, so I did my Darwyn Cooke avatar. I think this turned out creepier than the Squirrel Girl one. I tried to get a halftone effect like the New Frontier cover but I'm not sure how great it turned out. You can't win them all.

rXPPCdW.png

It's super difficult to find art by Darwyn Cooke of men with their eyes open, just in case you were wondering.

I look at that and think, when are you gonna make a Greg Land avatar?

rXPPCdW.png

I approve!

Messi

Who draws the best faces in the business? Terry Moore needs to be up there. I am partial but I'd say Sejic is up there.

Isak_Borg

Yup!

Yeah I know, but most prolific artist (Dodson/Moore/Moore/Dillon/Quitely/Cooke/Ect) have similar issues.

And by issues I mean a definitive style/comfort zone.

& Midtown Comics put it on hold for me.

Getting framed next to the first issue of Kamandi i picked up the other day.

Trying to get around to reading Old Man Logan, something told me i had to start with Enemy of the State. Ok.

Check cover, millar writing. Oh my.

After a decent short intro,

fucking cherry blossoms man.

Who draws the best faces in the business? Terry Moore needs to be up there. I am partial but I'd say Sejic is up there.

Glenn Fabry.

Top Bottom