• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

CBTech

Ahm, did they explain how the fuck they got to Victor's time machine? Cuz otherwise i can't see how that resolution would solve anything in the 616 timeline.

Unless the writer has no idea how mahvel time travel works, obv.

Honestly, I don't know how Marvel time travel works, so I can't say anything about it. But they don't use Doom's time machine.
Eva uses her powers to time travel to the past.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like DC took shit paper for the New Frontier book. Its thick as a Omnibus and weights like a 5 Issue Trade.

And the hardcore collector boards are posting about newspaper paper.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Honestly, I don't know how Marvel time travel works, so I can't say anything about it. But they don't use Doom's time machine.

Time travel causes a split in the multiverse.
You time travel and book, you are not longer on earth 616.

Isak_Borg

Seems like DC took shit paper for the New Frontier book. Its thick as a Omnibus and weights like a 5 Issue Trade.

And the hardcore collector boards are posting about newspaper paper.

DC as usual fucking up the trade game.

Not sure why anyone would by a premium trade from that company.

tim1138

New 52 Babs is Barbara Gordon, this is the computer program she wrote coming to life. She mapped her entire brain and all her memories into it. This isn't the old school oracle coming back to get her life back or anything like that. Reading comprehension for the win.

Yep, not sure where people got that other idea from. I do bet that
program will stay sentient and become Oracle though

tim1138

It is tremendously ugly

Jim Lee gonna Jim Lee?
It really had no sense of mystery like the other issues have, that was a bit disappointing.

Oh look, Overman is dreaming of the Gentry, I bet bad things are gonna happen! Oh look Sivana is here doing nefarious things and bad things happened!

This is the first issue that didn't lead to me immediately wanting an on going or mini about that specific Earth.

kd-z

It has its detractors but I really enjoyed it. It had a great build up with the 4 minis (villian's United, omac, etc) and was a lot of fun. Even if it was silly at times. I'd recommend it
Yo, thanks! I'm not gonna read it this month and probably not the next, but I think I'll enjoy it ;)
Darn UPS is looking like they're going to fail to get me my 3DS today... despite getting it into the state yesterday... :(

Also, I have read all of the trades of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as of today. That's a massive 112 volumes of manga, all read in Japanese. Next up is Astro Boy!
Hey man, how long have you been studying Japanese?

Whoever recommended Life is Stange on PS4, good call, really liked the first episode.
Being weird and awkward at high school in that game made me feel right at home. Love it!
That's gotta be a tough Google search
Surprisingly, it's not that bad.
It was his mom's last wish you heartless bastard!

hitmanbullets2.jpg
This is so good. I really need to read Hitman one of these days.

Also, Justice League #39:
Diana + Captain Cold! Let the shipping commence!

Time travel causes a split in the multiverse.
You time travel and book, you are not longer on earth 616.

Gameproff is correct. Which means that the writer done goofed.

Not that it'll matter, what with secret wars approaching.

frye

Jim Lee gonna Jim Lee?
It really had no sense of mystery like the other issues have, that was a bit disappointing.

Oh look, Overman is dreaming of the Gentry, I bet bad things are gonna happen! Oh look Sivana is here doing nefarious things and bad things happened!

This is the first issue that didn't lead to me immediately wanting an on going or mini about that specific Earth.

It felt a lot less than say -- the first issue of Red Son, for example (only Red Son has Dave Johnson drawing it).

Ultra Comics is probably gonna be good, but I'm not too excited about Multiversity #2

Drayco21

Gameproff is correct. Which means that the writer done goofed.

Not that it'll matter, what with secret wars approaching.

That's how it used to be. But I thought Age of Ultron and Beast changed that. Because, quote, the Young X Men were the real ones from the past.

Brian Micheal Bendis doesn't understand or care about the universe and characters he's writing about; more shocking news at 11.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's how it used to be. But I thought Age of Ultron and Beast changed that. Because, quote, the Young X Men were the real ones from the past.
Its nerfed from time to time. Thats why I wondered a couple of days ago why Marvel 2099 is now the official future of 616. Original, it was Earth 928 when I recall correctly.

Also Bendis gonna Bendis.

Owzers

It's not looking good for me getting my 3ds either from UPS, it was delayed a day for weather yesterday and the tracking info doesn't have it out for delivery today.

I might have to read a comic.

ReAxion

New 52 Babs is Barbara Gordon, this is the computer program she wrote coming to life. She mapped her entire brain and all her memories into it. This isn't the old school oracle coming back to get her life back or anything like that. Reading comprehension for the win.

That's what I took from it, too.

Well... technically, if
it has the memories and personality of Oracle!Barbra, it kind of is the return of the old school Oracle. But I guess that's kind of a fine philosophical distinction for a comic book :p

fauxtrot

Banned
I forgot to make my order for my non-pulls online, so I had to lump it in with next weeks releases so I didn't pay shipping for two packages... the wait is gonna be brutal. :(

tim1138

It felt a lot less than say -- the first issue of Red Son, for example (only Red Son has Dave Johnson drawing it).

Ultra Comics is probably gonna be good, but I'm not too excited about Multiversity #2

I still marvel at the fact Mark Millar wrote Red Son (well, most of it).

I think my problem with this issue of Multiversity is that every other issue has been ridiculously good, that an issue that's just very good or good feels like a let down. I feel like there's so much you can do with Earth 10, it was sad not to see it get really explored more. I will always laugh at the name Underwaterman.

Sadist

Ms. Marvel #12 is nice. Referring to Loki as Hipster Viking made me giggle. Fun read.

And Uncanny X-Men #31... wel that just happened. Can't we replace old Cyclops with Young Cyclops? Just be done with it Mahvel. Seriously, I understand Marvel is on a real "hey everyone over at the X-Men are assholes, we'll write these fuckers into the ground" kind of streak ever since Wolvie died, but christ it's getting worse. I'll admit,
Eva not fucking around with bringing back Xavier and change history was pretty boss, but her rant against Cyclops was pretty damn great.

Honestly, we get it; Xavier and Cyclops are more alike than ever. But Scott's fake-out seems strange.

They fucking suck. People are hating all the day about Marvel but DC has shitty release policies and the worst paper of the industry.

You guys are fucking crazy. I literally just took mine out of the box and the paper is old-school thick comic paper. Almost like construction paper. Smh.

Mmmmm next week's order is gonna be a doozy. I'm excited.

AVENGERS WORLD VOL 03 NEXT WORLD TP
ROCKET RACCOON VOL 01 A CHASING TALE PREMIERE HC
SUNSTONE OGN
MAGNETO VOL 02 REVERSALS TP
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN VOL 03 GAME OVER TP
AXIS CARNAGE AND HOBGOBLIN TP
DAREDEVIL (2014) VOL 02 WEST CASE SCENARIO TP
AVENGERS (2013) TIME RUNS OUT VOL 02 PREMIERE HC
AVENGERS AND X-MEN AXIS HC
SEX CRIMINALS VOL 02 TWO WORLDS ONE COP TP

Sadist

At this point it is.
But what do you expect with a MCU-teenage Spider-Man movie and some kind of giant Universmerging Event at the horizont?
That drama will be reserved for Miles :p

As much as I like Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man run, a Ultimate Peter Parker 2.0 run would be a bit too much. I'd rather have Marvel erase One More Day and give us a mindfuck with Peter happily married to MJ.

Isn't that what the "Renew Your Vows" teaser would be hinting at?

Obviously we don't really know what to expect from all those teasers yet but I wouldn't be surprised if the post-SW Marvel Universe gives us a teenage Spider-Man in Miles, and an adult Spider-Man with Peter.
That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

That drama will be reserved for Miles :p

As much as I like Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man run, a Ultimate Peter Parker 2.0 run would be a bit too much. I'd rather have Marvel erase One More Day and give us a mindfuck with Peter happily married to MJ.

Isn't that what the "Renew Your Vows" teaser would be hinting at?

Obviously we don't really know what to expect from all those teasers yet but I wouldn't be surprised if the post-SW Marvel Universe gives us a teenage Spider-Man in Miles, and an adult Spider-Man with Peter.

edit: unless marvel really hates us and all it's gonna do is give us a glimpse into what their future could have been

Mmmmm next week's order is gonna be a doozy. I'm excited.

AVENGERS WORLD VOL 03 NEXT WORLD TP
ROCKET RACCOON VOL 01 A CHASING TALE PREMIERE HC
SUNSTONE OGN
MAGNETO VOL 02 REVERSALS TP
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN VOL 03 GAME OVER TP
AXIS CARNAGE AND HOBGOBLIN TP
DAREDEVIL (2014) VOL 02 WEST CASE SCENARIO TP
AVENGERS (2013) TIME RUNS OUT VOL 02 PREMIERE HC
AVENGERS AND X-MEN AXIS HC
SEX CRIMINALS VOL 02 TWO WORLDS ONE COP TP

Messi and I approve.

Top Bottom