• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

They fucking suck. People are hating all the day about Marvel but DC has shitty release policies and the worst paper of the industry.

So are the TPBs and single issues bad? All the Vertigo HCs I have seem to be of pretty decent quality. The GL omnibus was not as good, but still miles better than Marvel's omnibuses.

Isak_Borg

So are the TPBs and single issues bad? All the Vertigo HCs I have seem to be of pretty decent quality. The GL omnibus was not as good, but still miles better than Marvel's omnibuses.

I actually collect Marvel Omnibuses and the quality is above and beyond.

DC actually uses glue on their hardcovers which deteriorates and you end up with pages falling out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I had to buy a new Killing Joke Deluxe Edition because the pages felt out after a couple of months.

DC actually uses glue on their hardcovers which deteriorates and you end up with pages falling out.

Not true man. I had to unstick together 78 pages in my Uncanny XForce omnibus because whoever glued it fucked up or a machine fucked up.

B-KHqe1IQAAnYri.jpg

Owzers

received my new 3ds....there was no tape sealing it.

i don't think there was tape on my wii u either....but..okay, which one of you guys played my new 3ds?

I just pulled every omnibus or huge library edition I own down off of my shelf. The best constructed book is by Dark Horse with the Fear Agent Library editions.

Then I have the XForce, Oz, and Ultimate Spider-Man omnibuses then for DC I have Green Lantern, JSA, Doom Patrol and Planetary. I don't know what guidelines you have for quality but binding, paper quality both goes to DC/Vertigo.

I pulled them all out just now because I could not fathom that Marvel omnibuses are quality when they feel like the binding is going to rip in half from handling it.

B-KKC01IIAEPLBD.jpg

Not true man. I had to unstick together 78 pages in my Uncanny XForce omnibus because whoever glued it fucked up or a machine fucked up.

B-KHqe1IQAAnYri.jpg
Damn dude, not X-Force! The Complete Collections have really thin pages :/
received my new 3ds....there was no tape sealing it.

i don't think there was tape on my wii u either....but..okay, which one of you guys played my new 3ds?

No tape sealing mine either, it's normal

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I just pulled every omnibus or huge library edition I own down off of my shelf. The best constructed book is by Dark Horse with the Fear Agent Library editions.

Then I have the XForce, Oz, and Ultimate Spider-Man omnibuses then for DC I have Green Lantern, JSA, Doom Patrol and Planetary. I don't know what guidelines you have for quality but binding, paper quality both goes to DC/Vertigo.

I pulled them all out just now because I could not fathom that Marvel omnibuses are quality when they feel like the binding is going to rip in half from handling it.

X-Statix Omnibus is one of the most perfect omnibuses I've come across.

Boogiepop

Hey man, how long have you been studying Japanese?

I took 3 years of it in college, and then I've been reading stuff, watching anime, playing games, etc in the year and a half since to keep it up/keep improving my skills. And yet, my kanji still definitely needs some work.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel cosmic really needs a better editor. Crossover had a very jarring followup this week and they spelled Nova's name wrong again.

Zombine

Banned
I took 3 years of it in college, and then I've been reading stuff, watching anime, playing games, etc in the year and a half since to keep it up/keep improving my skills. And yet, my kanji still definitely needs some work.

I took spanish for 13 years. I'm basically from Spain at this point.

I had to buy a new Killing Joke Deluxe Edition because the pages felt out after a couple of months.

True, I can't speak for the longevity aspect yet.

I had no idea learning a new language could change your ethnicity. :O

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962062

I don't think I've ever had any major issues with any of the trades or hardcovers I own.

I mean, I only own 100 or so, but I've never noticed anything that bad outside of the really thin pages in certain Marvel books recently. I think I've had pages stuck once or twice, but nothing serious.

I had an old ultimates trade that mildly fell apart but that's it. No issues with any other trade or HC I have out of the 300 or so I have. I did see that the new Spider-man 2099 trade looked super wavy. Like even the cover was flimsy. Vertigo has the worst kind of paper. shit is newspaper

ElNarez

Banned
It's KNOWN FACT that Bendis is goddamn excellent at writing solo titles, how the heck is this up for debate? Him going ham on Dr Strange with any of the artists he can pull would be top tier. Consider the possibility of him and Frazer Irving for a moment. Don't let it go. Hold on to it. It floated away now, it's too late. It's gone.

squadr0n

Hey guys, I have a question about the new DC event coming this summer called Convergence. Im sure everyone has heard about the new Marvel Secret Wars event and now DC is promoting their own version of this concept and I was wondering where does one start reading to get ready for the event? Is this what Future's End is building too or is it going to be its own thing? All the solicitations call it part 2 of Convergence.

SoilBreak

Banned
It's KNOWN FACT that Bendis is goddamn excellent at writing solo titles, how the heck is this up for debate? Him going ham on Dr Strange with any of the artists he can pull would be top tier. Consider the possibility of him and Frazer Irving for a moment. Don't let it go. Hold on to it. It floated away now, it's too late. It's gone.

There are much better writers suited for that then bendis IMO.

I mean shit marvel get the creative team from the new avengers annual to do dr. strange.

Just put in my first IST order since November. I needed to catch up on JLD and some other comics.

All-Star Western - War of Lords and Owls
Demon Knights - The Avalon Trap
Forever Evil: Blight
Justice League: Trinity War
Saga Vol. 2

Hey guys, I have a question about the new DC event coming this summer called Convergence. Im sure everyone has heard about the new Marvel Secret Wars event and now DC is promoting their own version of this concept and I was wondering where does one start reading to get ready for the event? Is this what Future's End is building too or is it going to be its own thing? All the solicitations call it part 2 of Convergence.

You don't really need any prior reading as far as I can tell. You have two parts to convergence: The weekly main series which will run 9 issues and then a metric ton of two parters that are more one offs that are loosely connected to what is going on and seem intent more as serving as standalone stories than being required reading. As to the "part 2 of convergence" you may have been reading the solicits for the month that has all the second parts of the Convergence two part series. April is Part 1 and May is Part 2.

tim1138

I have trades that are probably older than some of you who post here, and aside from minor cover wear and tear are in perfect condition. I've never had a tpb, hc, or omnibus fall apart, from any publisher.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why the hell did they put him on Guardians over a Heroes for Hire book? Name recognition?

That and the movie. The idea of putting your best creators on a book when the movie is coming is a good one, the problem is Bendis isn't good at team books. Dude kills it with street level stories, but that's his niche. He's not amazing with much else, that said his X-Men run hasn't been bad. It's been pretty good, but not as good as his Daredevil or Ultimate Spidey.

Top Bottom