• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Man, Im having a tough time figuring out what I should put order from IST for this 45% sale. Im leaning towards DC since I've leaned Marvel over the years. What collections do y'all recommend? Good art is a must.

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, I started reading the Uncanny Avengers omnibus like two nights ago. It's been decent but unexceptional for me. Like, outside of Scarlet Witch and Rogue catfighting, the team feels a bit underdeveloped so far. Also, I'm on the Apocalypse Twins arc, and the male one's mask looks like a pouting emoticon to me and I can't unsee it.

Also, a nice chunk of non-comics stuff came in today. Majora's Mask 3D with the Skull Kid statue, a Playstation TV bundle from that Amazon lightning deal, and a Sonic amiibo. Bafflingly, UPS has yet to manage to deliver the last of the three $10 eShop cards I ordered from Best Buy at the same exact time, despite the other two arriving on Monday.

arkon

Onto the third trade of Hitman now. It continues to be sensational. Enjoyed the Green Lantern cameo featuring one of my favourite scenes in the series so far.

tim1138

Man, Im having a tough time figuring out what I should put order from IST for this 45% sale. Im leaning towards DC since I've leaned Marvel over the years. What collections do y'all recommend? Good art is a must.

New Frontier
Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition
Animal Man omnibus
Superman Red Son
All Star Superman
Jack Kirby's OMAC
Green Arrow vol 4 - The Kill Machine
Green Arrow vol 5 - the Outsiders War
Green Lantern/Green Arrow
Saga of the Swamp Thing vol 1-6
Batwoman Elegy

New Frontier
Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition
Animal Man omnibus
Superman Red Son
All Star Superman
Jack Kirby's OMAC
Green Arrow vol 4 - The Kill Machine
Green Arrow vol 5 - the Outsiders War
Green Lantern/Green Arrow
Saga of the Swamp Thing vol 1-6
Batwoman Elegy
I have quite a few of those actually. I have Red Son, Moore's Swamp Thing, Animal Man (but in singles), and JH WIlliams's Batwoman run.

So Im currently thinking

Getting the rest of the trades to finish up Promethea
Joe the Barbarian
Batman Adventures vol 1
Secret Identity
Maaaybe the Wake
Scalped deluxe vol 1

I was thinking getting started on Snyder's Batman but I think there might be a better collection down the road.
I'm eyeing that Johns Green Lantern Omnibus pretty bad.

So Im currently thinking

Joe the Barbarian
Batman Adventures vol 1
Secret Identity
Maaaybe the Wake
Scalped deluxe vol 1

Honestly, I didn't like Joe the Barbarian at all. Just didn't resonate with me. I got a "been there, done that" from certain things that had been done before in The Unwritten. Also, the Wake was shit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Honestly, I didn't like Joe the Barbarian at all. Just didn't resonate with me. I got a "been there, done that" from certain things that had been done before in The Unwritten. Also, the Wake was shit.

Really? Kind of curious about that comment, being one of three Unwritten readers around here--can you expound?

Cade

Wait I can download it from the PS4 despite it not showing up in Transaction History or my download list or queue. whatevvvvvvvs sony.

I think I'm gonna crack open No Man's Land volume 1 tonight to jumpstart my comics reading. you guys remember when events were fun

Zombine

Banned
I bought the first vol. of some Manga called Gangsta. I hope it's decent.

Manga is strange...I was always under the assumption that it was a male dominated affair and it turns out that some of my favorite (and pretty violent) books are written and drawn by women.

tim1138

I have quite a few of those actually. I have Red Son, Moore's Swamp Thing, Animal Man (but in singles), and JH WIlliams's Batwoman run.

So Im currently thinking

Joe the Barbarian
Batman Adventures vol 1
Secret Identity
Maaaybe the Wake
Scalped deluxe vol 1

I was thinking getting started on Snyder's Batman but I think there might be a better collection down the road.
I'm eyeing that Johns Green Lantern Omnibus pretty bad.

Joe the Barbarian is legit, great story and Murphy kills the art. In my opinion the Wake was boring as fuck, looked great but the story underdelivered. The Johns GL omni has some great stuff in it, that'd be a solid pickup as well.

Zombine

Banned
The first half of the Wake was so damn good. Abyss and Alien with little hints of the aftermath of what would happen. The second half was Waterworld.

Yeah but she did that thing people used to do when they were afraid to talk about pokemon :/

Asking for a friend. XD

Also, I thought Invincible was good. I don't mind a break from the action for some more slice-of-life moments. And there was definitely a bit of movement in the
rape sub-plot
. Eve is definitely going to find out.

Zombine

Banned
Asking for a friend. XD

Also, I thought Invincible was good. I don't mind a break from the action for some more slice-of-life moments. And there was definitely a bit of movement in the
rape sub-plot
. Eve is definitely going to find out.

They should just have a threesome and get it over with.

Ah that sucks. Maybe Ill pick up Punk Rock Jesus. I want some Sean Murphy goodness haha. Maybe Punk Rock Jesus will have to do.

Ed have you read adventure comic by johns and manapaul? Solid story great art
I haven't. Manapaul is a great artist. Do you have a link to the collection? I'm having a bit of trouble indentifying it.

Joe the Barbarian is legit, great story and Murphy kills the art. In my opinion the Wake was boring as fuck, looked great but the story underdelivered. The Johns GL omni has some great stuff in it, that'd be a solid pickup as well.
Alright Wake is definitely off the board but Joe the Barbarian is back on board. I tend to like Morrison even at his weirdest so maybe I'll dig it. Im trying to make it less than $80 so if I get that Omni, I can only get one other book

tim1138

Ah that sucks. Maybe Ill pick up Punk Rock Jesus. I want some Sean Murphy goodness haha. Maybe Punk Rock Jesus will have to do.

I haven't. Manapaul is a great artist. Do you have a link to the collection? I'm having a bit of trouble indentifying it.

Alright Wake is definitely off the board but Joe the Barbarian is back on board. I tend to like Morrison even at his weirdest so maybe I'll dig it. Im trying to make it less than $80 so if I get that Omni, I can only get one other book

Joe isn't even all that weird honestly, it's a pretty straight forward story. If you want some Sean Murphy goodness, definitely get PRJ, it's fucking phenomenal and probably my favorite book of the last five years. You could do much worse than Joe the Barbarian and Punk Rock Jesus, that's for sure.

i think its out of print which sucks. one of my favorite stories

Dunbar

Brubaker's Catwoman is pretty great. Three trades if I remember right.

Why the hell did they put him on Guardians over a Heroes for Hire book? Name recognition?
I remember that rumor. It would be a perfect time for him to do that now that he is off X Men. I do not want him on Dr. Strange. That would be a HUGe misfire.

Something completely different. I'm a little worried for DC launching twenty four new books in a month. At least there are several minis. Those have a place in today's world.

Cheska

I still have about five more books to read for today, but I have four more issues of X-Statix left and I'm having a hard time pulling away. More than 1000 pages later, and it's going to be hard to say goodbye to these characters ;_;

fauxtrot

Banned
Silk was pretty good comics, guys.

george-michael-does-charlie-brown-o.gif

Fuck no. Eva best mutant am confirmed.

No fuck that!

1. She and Professor X just wiped a Man from existence. That super villain tier shit right there.

2. She then proceeds to lie to Scott and tell him that him and everyone dying was his fault. Really? Eva? really? It wasn't Scott that dropped a nuke that was shield. It wasn't Scott that tried to brain fuck a Omega class Mutant. That was Storm and the other X-Fuck-ups. It wasn't Scott that caused the situation to began with that was Professor X. How was all that Scott's fault again? Cyclops was the only one that even thought to try and talk to the kid like a human being and was the only one that was being successful and getting the kid to calm down.

3. She Then proceeds to threaten wipe Cyclops from existence. Yeah, That would go over well. Because it not like Cyclops hasn't saved the Planet 14 times.

Fuck you Eva, Cyclops is the only X-Men still acting like a hero.

Really Storm? Really?

Messi

Man. I totally loved Silk. I would be really pissed if I has forgotten to get it at the store today. Silk is sweet.

Wait... Are those spoilers from today's uncanny. Oh god :(

No fuck that!

If thats something from a recent comic, you should put it in spoilers. No reason to mess with others future enjoyment of the comic. Spoiler tagging takes all of 2 seconds.

Brubaker's Catwoman is pretty great. Three trades if I remember right.
I have the first trade but I havent read it yet *shameface*

Punk Rock Jesus is one of my favorite books of all time. Such a heartbreaking story.
Joe isn't even all that weird honestly, it's a pretty straight forward story. If you want some Sean Murphy goodness, definitely get PRJ, it's fucking phenomenal and probably my favorite book of the last five years. You could do much worse than Joe the Barbarian and Punk Rock Jesus, that's for sure.
Ok PRJ is a must then.

Great paper too. Fit Sean's art perfectly.
Is this some stealth shade youre throwing? haha

BTW Rafa what are you doing after your last day at evil mart?

Top Bottom