• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
Fuck Nintendo and most especially fuck Best Buy. I got to the store 10 minutes early and there were only 5 of us in line. When the store opened at 10 we all walked back to the Amiibo section and it was like a landfill. No Meta Knights at all.

After we called them out on their horse shit, some lady who worked there was like "uh...blame uh...nintendo for this one. They uh...they only sent us some for preorders...I mean...there were extras and they were put out. What you see is what you get"

And like I said, nobody got Meta Knight. Employees scalped them the night before with 100% certainty.

CBTech

Fuck Nintendo and most especially fuck Best Buy. I got to the store 10 minutes early and there were only 5 of us in line. When the store opened at 10 we all walked back to the Amiibo section and it was like a landfill. No Meta Knights at all.

After we called them out on their horse shit, some lady who worked there was like "uh...blame uh...nintendo for this one. They uh...they only sent us some for preorders...I mean...there were extras and they were put out. What you see is what you get"

And like I said, nobody got Meta Knight. Employees scalped them the night before with 100% certainty.

Playing the amiibo game must be hell. I only picked up the Link and Samus amiibos. I think Link is one of the ugliest amiibos, but I had to pick him up for Hyrule Warriors and that LoZ is my favorite series. Samus is probably my favorite amiibo in pose and appearance, just had to pick her up. I might try to get the other Zelda amiibos. Do you know what Zelda amiibos are out? Link, Toon Link, and Zelda? Is Ganondorf out yet?

Zombine

Banned
Playing the amiibo game must be hell. I only picked up the Link and Samus amiibos. I think Link is one of the ugliest amiibos, but I had to pick him up for Hyrule Warriors and that LoZ is my favorite series. Samus is probably my favorite amiibo in pose and appearance, just had to pick her up. I might try to get the other Zelda amiibos. Do you know what Zelda amiibos are out? Link, Toon Link, and Zelda? Is Ganondorf out yet?

Link, Sheik, Toon Link, and Zelda are out. No Ganondorf yet. I have all the other ones but Meta Knight is horse shit. Shame on Best Buy and Nintendo for this cluster fuck.

Link, Sheik, Toon Link, and Zelda are out. No Ganondorf yet. I have all the other ones but Meta Knight is horse shit. Shame on Best Buy and Nintendo for this cluster fuck.

It's mostly Nintendo. You can tell because the Disney Infinity and Skylanders sections are fine and it's not like those lines aren't selling like hotcakes.

Nintendo just doesn't get physical distribution yet and the lack of overall communication doesn't help.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah it's bullshit and I'm considering cashing out. At least I'm buying tickets to Kevin Hart today.

How much are those tickets, homie? I wanted to see him a year or two ago, but they were completely unreasonable.

Zombine

Banned
How much are those tickets, homie? I wanted to see him a year or two ago, but they were completely unreasonable.

I won't know for another 40 minutes but your mileage will vary I'd assume. I expect this to be a $200+ dollar date. I want to be as close as possible.

The only part that kills me is that I'm throwing down all this cash for something that won't be here until the end of the summer.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I won't know for another 40 minutes but your mileage will vary I'd assume. I expect this to be a $200+ dollar date. I want to be as close as possible.

That ain't too bad, actually. And yeah, dude's probably hitting a big venue, so you'd wanna be close enough to not have to watch him on the side-tvs or whatever fucking setup they have.

I just buy the ones that look cool. I bought Pikachu and Kirby, will probably get the Bowser 2nd edition that comes out and then I'll be satisfied.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about buying some, but I think I would feel really dumb buying Nintendo DLC figures when my only Ninty hardware is a first-gen 3DS (yeah, yeah, I know). A friend I know bought all the Zelda characters so I just live vicariously through them.

Plus, I am broke from buying new clothes for work because I got the placement. It's not even an internship but it's something that might lead to that. Felt like a goon ringing them asking about it, because the guy who interviewed me on Monday told me he had someone in hospital. Turns out his dad died. I felt like such a shithead for being so wound up. I get the feeling I have blown it before I even showed up.

Still, I am hype. Turns out all the work I'm doing will be behind the scenes, along with some video production which I am really excited about learning more of. Starting Tuesday. Man, I need this.

Zombine

Banned
That ain't too bad, actually. And yeah, dude's probably hitting a big venue, so you'd wanna be close enough to not have to watch him on the side-tvs or whatever fucking setup they have.

I could just get promo tickets for free from my job, but yo...those seats are always just mildly disappointing. It's like you're close enough to see shit, but you still don't feel like a part of the show.

try amiami.com they keep getting the Japanese ones in stock and they're priced the same as US.

Li Kao

Ok, so I'm definitely an imbecile. All of Marvel at half off and every title I can think of is DC... I'm sure it would be the same had the offer been the other way around.
And this was a good opportunity to see that yes, some guy at Marvel really hates me and continue to block the digital releases of my classics like Spirits of the Earth, Emperor Doom, Triumph & Torment etc.

A stupid and greedy question though : is the 50% usable on the Nova titles (already at 75%) ? I'm sure it's not the case but hey, never hurts to ask.

Isak_Borg

Ok, so I'm definitely an imbecile. All of Marvel at half off and every title I can think of is DC... I'm sure it would be the same had the offer been the other way around.
And this was a good opportunity to see that yes, some guy at Marvel really hates me and continue to block the digital releases of my classics like Spirits of the Earth, Emperor Doom, Triumph & Torment etc.

A stupid and greedy question though : is the 50% usable on the Nova titles (already at 75%) ? I'm sure it's not the case but hey, never hurts to ask.

No clue.

Time to get some Star Wars omnibuses

DO IT UP!

omgkitty

Oh man that sale is crazy. I was going to pickup the Hawkeye I'm missing and just realized that volume 3 which I have is only the Kate Bishop stuff and is missing the Hawkeye stories. What? Will those be in Vol 4?

Oh man that sale is crazy. I was going to pickup the Hawkeye I'm missing and just realized that volume 3 which I have is only the Kate Bishop stuff and is missing the Hawkeye stories. What? Will those be in Vol 4?

yep they split it up that way, vol 4 will be the missing issues that followed Clint

Yes. The run alternated between Kate and Clint issues with different artists. Volume 3 is about Kate's LA hijinx and Volume 4 will be about Clint doing his thing. Only one issue left.

Messi

$550 for Kevin Hart Tickets :/

post-28942-Olivia-Wilde-WHAT-WTF-gif-sexy-8W3w.gif

Not even a little bit. Don't do it Zombine.

Zombine

Banned
What does being part of a Kevin Hart show entail?

Most comedians will pick out couples in the front row and embarrass them and ask questions. There's still the potential that he'll call us out, but its lower than if we were dead center. My girlfriend is kind of shy. But yeah, $130 was not bad at all for the floor in the 4th freaking row.

Fuck Meta Knight.

Top Bottom