• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

tim1138

So I heard this song last night for the first time in like ten years. I was watching a movie, it wasn't really holding my interest, and my brain pumped out this monstrosity.

I'm so sorry.

MUSIC PLEASE!

Ladies and gentlemen
This is ComicGAF OT!

One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the thread, so come on let's ride
To the LCS around the corner
The boys say they want some Zenescope
But I really don't wanna
Pull list, like I had last week
Their pockets are deep, Marvel paper is cheap
I like Angela, Gamora, Carol and Selina
And as I continue you know they're getting sweeter
So what can I do? I really beg you, my board
To me events aren't good since Secret Wars
Anything big two, it's all good, indies
Please send in the waifus

A little bit of Spider-Gwen in my life
A little bit of Katie-Kate by my side
A little bit of Kara is all I need
A little bit of Harley is what I see
A little bit of Anderson in Mega-City One
A little bit of Hannah all night long
A little bit of Kamala here I am
A little bit of you makes me your fan

ComicGAF OT!

Take all your trades down and move 'em all around
Shake your head to the sound
Of your omnis on the ground
Take a statue left and Hot Toy right
One to the Funko and one to the side
Crack your wallet once and pre-order twice
And if your shelf's like this then you're doing it right

A little bit of Morrison in my life
A little bit of Jack & Stan by my side
A little bit of Ennis is all I need
A little bit of Fraction is what I see
A little bit of Mark Waid in the sun
A little bit of Vaughan all night long
A little bit of Bendis here I am
A little bit of you makes me your fan

Omnis!
The omnis!
ComicGAF OT!
(ha ha ha)

A little bit of JC in my life
A little bit of Zombine by my side
A little bit of Cheska is all I need
A little bit of Freeza is what I see
A little bit of Messi in the sun
A little bit of Kipp all night long
A little bit of KoruptData here I am
A little bit of Shards makes me your man

I do all I do
To buy all these books just like you
My overdraft, it just can't hide
My credit card bill's gonna touch the sky

ComicGAF OT!

The way he keeps getting banned, a little bit of JC is all you're gonna get. :D

Neal Adams is also there and charging $20, but to be fair, I would pony up $20 if I got to talk to him for a bit about Green Lantern/Green Arrow and working with Denny O'Neil in general as he signed.

Only do this if you're going to ask him about the expanding Earth theory.

Neal Adams is one of the biggest assholes in the industry worse than Frank Miller. Not just him but his entire family are vile individuals. Fucking assholes.

Sorry but dude is such a prick.

Have to agree, once in a blue moon he does something nice but 95% of the time condescending dick.

........This is like reading a video game review where someone says a game is terrible but gives no supporting evidence as to why.

I did some freelance work for him. I can confirm it. After that one gig I'll never do another job there, and I feel so damn bad for once his employees. I'm pretty sure the guy could sue for mental and emotional abuse.

I still think her relationship with Clint has a creepy sexual tension.

I still think of her as a 16 year old Young Avenger.

She belongs to Patriot :/

I was the same age as Kate when she debuted. Comic aging is so weird sometimes.

One of the things I like about Judge Dredd is the real-time nature of the book. I read The Apocalypse War today, and it's so cool seeing all that have an impact on Day of Chaos thirty years later, and thirty actual years have passed in the book too. It's also why I miss Mayday's book. I get that characters have to be evergreen, and I actually like it most of the time (I am a big fan of the Morrison "put the toys back" approach), sometimes I just get the itch for cape books to move on rather than reboot. At least we have Invincible for that I guess.

She can do so much better than Patriot though.

So I only recently started getting into comics. Read Batman: Year One, The Killing Joke, and Mark Waid's Daredevil Vol 1 from my library, read Irredeemable Vol 1 last week, got Hawkeye and Immortal Iron Fist today. Before that my knowledge pretty much was CW shows and Marvel movies

What are the best sites, podcasts, etc. to follow to keep up with the latest news? It's pretty daunting. Like I knew about New 52 Batman The Court of Owls, and then I do some research and there's like 10 different Batman series, etc.

Bii

How so? I mean, I asked them about it the other day and the guy said it was intentional.

They changed the price on my preorder. :/
Gonna cancel my preorder.

Dear Bii,

Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth.

The manufacturer of Item Number DC0273, Batman DC Comics Bombshells Joker and Harley Quinn Statue, updated information for this item. As a result, we are sending you a courtesy notification of the following:

The price has been changed from $99.99 to $219.99.

We automatically updated your order number 6489823 to adjust for this.

If you have any questions or concerns about this notification, please contact us as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your business,

Entertainment Earth, Inc.
61 Moreland Rd.
Simi Valley, CA 93065 USA
Tel: 1-800-370-2320
Tel: 1-818-255-0095
Fax: 1-818-255-0091
entertainmentearth.com

I've only read the first two issues... I figure I'll just wait for the OHC at this point.

The first one is already out, and it is the nicest physical comic I own.

I can't wait for the second one. I hear they're timing it to come out with Avengers: Infinity War. Part 2.

So I only recently started getting into comics. Read Batman: Year One, The Killing Joke, and Mark Waid's Daredevil Vol 1 from my library, read Irredeemable Vol 1 last week, got Hawkeye and Immortal Iron Fist today. Before that my knowledge pretty much was CW shows and Marvel movies

What are the best sites, podcasts, etc. to follow to keep up with the latest news? It's pretty daunting. Like I knew about New 52 Batman The Court of Owls, and then I do some research and there's like 10 different Batman series, etc.

I don't really keep up with any sites myself, but Comic Book Resources usually has solicits and announcements and whatnot.

As for trying to learn about series, feel free to ask us about that. Between all of the regulars we have people reading quite a few books out there. Whether it's Marvel, DC, Image, Valiant, etc. you'll probably get at least one answer if you ask a question.

All this omnibus talk the other day and today I recieved my Roger Stern Spider-Man omnibus. This thing is crafted to perfection. First off, the paper quality is thick like the DC/Vertigo titles making this the largest in thickness Marvel omnibus I have ever seen. Next the binding is just right, not too tight, and not too loose like the other Marvel titles on my shelf. The best thing about this book though is they retouched the colors on the art and it just pops! I have a single issue from this run and the difference is amazing. Also included after every issue in the letters section from those times which is so fun to read. Bravo Marvel on this one.

I don't really keep up with any sites myself, but Comic Book Resources usually has solicits and announcements and whatnot.

As for trying to learn about series, feel free to ask us about that. Between all of the regulars we have people reading quite a few books out there. Whether it's Marvel, DC, Image, Valiant, etc. you'll probably get at least one answer if you ask a question.
Cool, I'll bookmark it

Yeah, I'm more into the gritty stuff. I definitely want to check out The Boys, Preacher, and Punisher MAX. The Dark Tower series looks amazing too. So many series I've heard of over the years that I want to get to. 100 Bullets, Unknown Soldier, Hellblazer, Venom

All this omnibus talk the other day and today I recieved my Roger Stern Spider-Man omnibus. This thing is crafted to perfection. First off, the paper quality is thick like the DC/Vertigo titles making this the largest in thickness Marvel omnibus I have ever seen. Next the binding is just right, not too tight, and not too loose like the other Marvel titles on my shelf. The best thing about this book though is they retouched the colors on the art and it just pops! I have a single issue from this run and the difference is amazing. Also included after every issue in the letters section from those times which is so fun to read. Bravo Marvel on this one.
Gah, I want this but my backlog is terrible :/ Tell me how you like it!
Cool, I'll bookmark it

Yeah, I'm more into the gritty stuff. I definitely want to check out The Boys, Preacher, and Punisher MAX. The Dark Tower series looks amazing too. So many series I've heard of over the years that I want to get to. 100 Bullets, Unknown Soldier, Hellblazer.
Since my man JC's not here, I'll go ahead and recommend Stray Bullets. I'm not into gritty stuff myself and I've only read a little, but he swears by it.

Owzers

I get all my comic news from Fox, i hear DC wasn't born in America.

I still think her relationship with Clint has a creepy sexual tension.

I still think of her as a 16 year old Young Avenger.

She belongs to Patriot :/

Patriot is in editorial limbo and Kate has had at least two sexual encounters since then. She's 18 I believe, according to Gillen's run.

That "girl wants more female superheroes" thread is gonna get very ugly, very fast.

Maybe we should be nicer to the Cyclops dudes?

She asked for Wonder Woman with some clothes! She basically told them, "don't try to pay me off."

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Bjo5kIN.png

Legit my favorite villain hero.

I only like him when he is written by Geoff Johns, but when he is, he can be amazing.

The moment when he goes back to Earth-Prime,
only to be treated as the scum he is by his parents and his crush because they've read the comics he's been in is brilliant

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Finally read Black Science and damn is that one baddass book.

Hiding under a blanket and going to try and plow through Lucifer.

Oh man, that reminds me, I have to read that series before the buddy-cop-procedural show comes out!

Owzers

Rocket Raccoon #8: The paper is getting to me in a serious way. I've been reading a lot of my comixology backlog on an ipad air 2 and even though the screen is smaller than a comic page it almost doesn't matter anymore when the page is that thin. I feel bad for the comic, as if it wants to be better but doesn't have the energy. If publishers want comic readers to buy monthly comics, don't raise price and lower quality at the same time because **** you. Random 4/10.

There's not much to say about the actual book. Young's gone from the art and this two part story was mostly a dud. This was my last flimsy floppy for the series before i wait until it starts hitting MU.

Top Bottom