• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Batman Eternal was really good this week. Who were the future selves that were alluded too. I thought it was

Dick
Terry
Damian

Was I missing any other references? I'm sure I was.

Looking through the OP, Postal, Nameless, and EI8HT look interesting. Worth checking out?
Haven't read Nameless yet (waiting for the mood) but it's Morrison so it's gonna be awesome
Bjo5kIN.png
I love Miguel. The GOAT.

Alongside Kaine that is.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Haven't read Nameless yet (waiting for the mood) but it's Morrison so it's gonna be awesome

I love Miguel. The GOAT.

Alongside Kaine that is.
Nameless 1 was excellent. Morrison and Burnham may be channeling that dynamic duo-ness that Morrison and Quitely constantly hit on.

MG310

Won UFC tickets for April on the radio today. My "Be caller 9"-fu is strong.

Also got in that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Visual HIstory book. Decent so far but wish they had a bit more on the toy line.

Owzers

What the hell? The show isn't that great. -_-

Yeah, i 'm working my way through season one on netflix, up to episode six, it's fairly bad. I do like James Spader a lot but every other character in the show is awful in that tv drama braindead fashion.

Yeah, i 'm working my way through season one on netflix, up to episode six, it's fairly bad. I do like James Spader a lot but every other character in the show is awful in that tv drama braindead fashion.

It's because for a character like Red (and the people he works with) to exist, law enforcement (i.e. the rest of the cast) has to be basically braindead.

Owzers

It's because for a character like Red (and the people he works with) to exist, law enforcement (i.e. the rest of the cast) has to be basically braindead.

I'm six episodes in and i don't even know the white male agent with the blonde hair's name. McRidgemont? Tombert? I dunno, he's such a waste of angry screen time.

why is searching for specific issues by a creator on Comixology so hard to do on a web browser, jesus christ

Also hey Ales Kot sale on CMX, cool. Zero, Wild Children, and Change.
maybe his stuff will sell now that it's 99 cents

why is searching for specific issues by a creator on Comixology so hard to do on a web browser, jesus christ

Also hey Ales Kot sale on CMX, cool. Zero, Wild Children, and Change.
maybe his stuff will sell now that it's 99 cents
Can't find Zero 11, did CMX seriously take it off because of the
oral
scene?
Edit: it's on the website but it doesn't show up on the app store.

Hmm...

It's Ellis. He doesn't have to. He only does limited runs.

Yes, but he usually leaves a blueprint for other writers to ignore.

In the case of secret avengers, the lessons are obvious: immense scope, self contained stories, and don't use characters if you don't have a decent role for them in that specific story.

Ah I see that this was another one of his six ish deals.

Damn, thanks for the Hawkeye recommendations. Got the other two volumes after I was only halfway through Vol 1. This is so good. I love the art style and the tone. Just the kind of down-to-the-earth noir-ish atmosphere I like. Always thought archer characters were kind of silly, because come on, bow and arrow in a world of gods and superpowers, but Hawkeye is excellent.

No.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Casanova Hardcover Vol.3 delayed again, this time to March 18th. Man it was supposed to come out next week.

tumblr_njmpidgabs1spap7ux6.gif

barrin87

Finished reading Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1 Library Edition and absolutely loved it. Each character's personality and emotions transfer from the show to comics perfectly and have made the transition fairly well. I can't wait to start the second volume. Makes me want to grab the rest of of the library editions already as well as the Willow trade.

I rarely post in here.

Totally thinking about driving up to NC to go to that Spider-Gwen release party for that white vinyl.

Finished reading Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1 Library Edition and absolutely loved it. Each character's personality and emotions transfer from the show to comics perfectly and have made the transition fairly well. I can't wait to start the second volume. Makes me want to grab the rest of of the library editions already as well as the Willow trade.

Willow isn't nearly as good IMO. Angel & Faith is worth picking up, starts out kinda meh but picks up rather quickly.

barrin87

Willow isn't nearly as good IMO. Angel & Faith is worth picking up, starts out kinda meh but picks up rather quickly.

That's too bad to hear about the Willow trade since she was always my favorite character. I might still grab it just because of that.

I'll have to add Angel and Faith to my list. Is Angel: After the Fall any good?

oh fuck me, i didn't realize those Cyclops issues were only on sale for the day. they're all $4 again, so fuuuuuuck that until the next sale

Finished Rai up to issue 4

Really cool series so far. I dig the style and setting a lot and the action is rad. Definitely looking forward to reading more. Next on my Valiant list is probably going to be Quantum and Woody.

Gonna read some Spider-Man next I think. The Return of Black Cat trade is on Scribd and I really like Felicia so I'm sure I'll love it. Also need to read more Avengers but I wanna take a small break since I have so many options right now.

Zombine

Banned
Waiting for Deluxe Hardcover.

I feel like you're going to have to keep on waiting for that...isn't the book selling like hot garbage and deluxe hardcovers are optional and out of pocket?

Not that it's indicative of the quality, people just don't know. Shit...I didn't know. Filthy and Messi were the ones who got me into the book.

I feel like you're going to have to keep on waiting for that...isn't the book selling like hot garbage and deluxe hardcovers are optional and out of pocket?

Not that it's indicative of the quality, people just don't know. Shit...I didn't know. Filthy and Messi were the ones who got me into the book.

Have you ever gotten the feeling that there are entirely too many comics to read? I'd read everything if I could. Even MLP. Because friendship is fucking magic.

Zombine

Banned
I know that feel. But it's nice to have a personal library to choose something from when I do feel like reading something.

The problem being is that I don't want to read anything. The way I read my books is strange as well. Sometimes when a package arrives I'll dig into the book immediately, like I did with Gangsta, and other times I'll buy it and just put it away.

That book dudes...the main characters are:

1)A def mute Japanese Hitman who prefers a katana (Nico is very much refered to as Japanese, or a "Tag" in this book. It's not like other series where you just assume that everyone is asian. He's very much an outsider in a racially diverse world.

2) A Gigallo white dude Hitman with one eye who considers Nico to be a brother

3) A former prostitue who acts as their secretary

4) A teenage girl with nursing skills who patches them up because they can't go to a hospital

It's brilliant, and the expressions and use of signing for Nico is wild. tHeY AlsO GiVe HiM A dIFfErEnT WoRD bUbbLE iF hE uSeS WoRds To tAlk. It's been used effictively thus far, and led to some badass moments.

I'm definitely sold, and I heard it improves from here. It has the "explicit content" label, but the violence is calculated and realistic. It isn't over the top like say...Battle Royale or perverse like Prison Schools. It's very much a Female Mangaka doing her take on Tarantino.

Top Bottom