• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

*points at SDCC sign*

i'm going to San Diego Comic Coooooooooon

Hope you got tickets. I tried to get Friday and/or Saturday during today's registration but it's a no go. Guess I'll only be there on Thursday and Sunday for this year's SDCC.

My friend came through while they were all available. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the Friday/Saturday, though. At least the wait isn't as long as last year, i guess

*points at SDCC sign*

i'm going to San Diego Comic Coooooooooon

My friend came through while they were all available. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the Friday/Saturday, though. At least the wait isn't as long as last year, i guess
Congrats! I went one year with my brother and it was a blast. You can pick up whole bulk runs of comics for good deals. But it's the booths and panels that make comic con worth it.

That and meeting the creators on stuff of course

Now i got a bunch of free comics from marvel back with that promo and some other free #1s over the years with Image but my current issue count (and collections count as 1..though i don't do that often) is........
13692 :/

:eek:

Wow I dont think I have more than 2k. At least yours are digital!

MG310

http://www.doacbc.com/

Apparently there's a decent sized convention in Atlantic City this year...seems like they're going pretty large for their first shot at it. Might end up going for one of the days.

Artist lineup so far has J. Scott Campbell, Mark Brooks, Phil Jimenez, and Humberto Ramos.

Congrats! I went one year with my brother and it was a blast. You can pick up whole bulk runs of comics for good deals. But it's the booths and panels that make comic con worth it.

That and meeting the creators on stuff of course

Oh yeah, it's pretty dope. Crazy hectic, but a lot of fun

Zombine

Banned
What I learned from NYCC last year was that the true order of amazingness is:

Artist Alley > Panels > Booths. I figured that the merch would be the best part but I was sorely mistaken. It was all about chatting it up with industry folk.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woo! I'm going to SDCC!
Serpentine is the man.

So it looks like at least three of us ComicsGAF people will be at SDCC on Sunday then. We definitely need to meet up.

Bii

Woo! I'm going to SDCC!
Serpentine is the man.

So it looks like at least three of us ComicsGAF people will be at SDCC on Sunday then. We definitely need to meet up.

Sunday's the day to get the best deals on any remaining stock the vendors have. Everything will be B1G1 free or will have some percentage off.

I'm down to meet. I'll be with my girlfriend and my mini Bii.

Sunday's the day to get the best deals on any remaining stock the vendors have. Everything will be B1G1 free or will have some percentage off.

Yep, killer sales on Sunday. Unless you're hunting for exclusives, just wait to buy your comics on Sunday for maximum savings.

Wish I could go again. The two times I went to SDCC were amazing.

This is true. I basically never buy things at the Dark Horse booth at Wondercon until Sunday because they always do like half off

Isak_Borg

Woo! I'm going to SDCC!
Serpentine is the man.

Nice!

If i can find a place to crash I can score a pass but it's hard to find a place to crash.

What I learned from NYCC last year was that the true order of amazingness is:

Artist Alley > Panels > Booths. I figured that the merch would be the best part but I was sorely mistaken. It was all about chatting it up with industry folk.

Artist Alley makes a con for me. I'm actually thinking of going to NYC comic con this year. It would be the best

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Yeah, that's exactly why I wanted to go Sunday! And because Sunday has the cheapest tickets. :p
I don't have the patience to wait for exclusives anyway, so missing out on those isn't a big deal at all to me.

And cool! Sounds good!

Nice!

If i can find a place to crash I can score a pass but it's hard to find a place to crash.

If I didn't still live with my parents I'd offer to let you crash at my place, but yeah. Sorry about that. Haha

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Still catching up but I'm having a lot of fun with the whole of Spider-Verse. I rarely read tie-in issues when it comes to these events but this time I'm doing it and I'm having a blast. Just finished reading the first story in Spider-Verse Team-Up #2 and it actually make me laugh out loud a few times.

If you're interested in these, you might wanna grab them early.

Upc3iuIl.jpg

If I read Uncanny Avengers pre Axis, then skip Axis and go right into Uncanny Avengers 2.0 will I miss anything? I've heard bad things about Axis so I'd rather not spend any money even though comixology has a B1G1 sale

Just burned through that last night. Seriously great stuff; the Bronze Age distilled into one hardcover. The animated adaptation's pretty good too, though they had to cut a lot of stuff for time.
Darwyn Cooke was born to draw it. I can't wait for there to be a spiritual equivalent to 90's comic. Maybe I'll get to work on that......

tim1138

Just finished my umpteenth re-read of Planetary, and yeah it's still pretty much the best comic ever. I swear it gets better every time I read it.

Owzers

Just finished my umpteenth re-read of Planetary, and yeah it's still pretty much the next comic ever. I swear it gets better every time I read it.

Planetary, Fear Agent, and Hellboy are the books i feel awkward about letting sit on my shelf unread. It's like never watching Star Wars or something crazy.

Looks like Entertainment Earth did go and change the price of all the Harley / Joker Bombshell statues. They emailed me claiming they "got new information from the manufacturer". Any reputable company would have simply cancelled the order instead of leaving it intact, and given people the option of re-ordering at the new price. Amazon would have just eaten the price difference.

Fucking scumbags.

Just finished my umpteenth re-read of Planetary, and yeah it's still pretty much the next comic ever. I swear it gets better every time I read it.
It is amazing. One of the best FF runs ever. I need to reread it one day. The wait for the series to finish was one of cruelest and longest waits ever. You Hawkeye fans have no idea.

Looks like Entertainment Earth did go and change the price of all the Harley / Joker Bombshell statues. They emailed me claiming they "got new information from the manufacturer". Any reputable company would have simply cancelled the order instead of leaving it intact, and given people the option of re-ordering at the new price. Amazon would have just eaten the price difference.

Fucking scumbags.

Wait, they're charging you the increased price now, after you paid?

What.

Wait, they're charging you the increased price now, after you paid?

What.

Well, I didn't pay. It comes out in December. But I contacted them back and requested cancellation in a rather firm email. But I've never heard of anyone doing that before. They either honor the price when the order was placed, or act like cunts (if they really don't want to eat the cost) and cancel the order, then let people re-order at the new price.

tim1138

Planetary, Fear Agent, and Hellboy are the books i feel awkward about letting sit on my shelf unread. It's like never watching Star Wars or something crazy.

You should correct this grievous mistake, you might actually like those comics!

It is amazing. One of the best FF runs ever. I need to reread it one day. The wait for the series to finish was one of cruelest and longest waits ever. You Hawkeye fans have no idea.

Wasn't it something like three years between issues 26 and 27?

MG310

Well, I didn't pay. It comes out in December. But I contacted them back and requested cancellation in a rather firm email. But I've never heard of anyone doing that before. They either honor the price when the order was placed, or act like cunts (if they really don't want to eat the cost) and cancel the order, then let people re-order at the new price.

Mine says "1 item shipped, one on backorder" but still has the original price...so not sure what's up with that.

Amazon is sort of the odd man out regarding price changes, so far as I know. They can afford to eat the cost because they're fuckhuege. Smaller retailers don't really have that option.

Amazon is sort of the odd man out regarding price changes, so far as I know. They can afford to eat the cost because they're fuckhuege. Smaller retailers don't really have that option.

Well, yeah. But in those cases, I've never seen a retailer NOT cancel the order if they were unwilling to honor the new price. Just slipping $220 in there instead of $99 is fucking horseshit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Are Change and Wild Children worth it if you like Zero then?

This was my reaction to Change:

"It's like Alan Moore and Brandon Graham had a baby. Not sure I liked it, a little too batshit trippy for me. Zero is still the shit."

I haven't read Wild Children yet.

Top Bottom