• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

And the winner is.........list.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

AQUAMAN #39 $2.99
BATMAN #39 $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #47 $2.99
CATWOMAN #39 $2.99
DEATHSTROKE #5 $2.99
GOTHAM ACADEMY #5 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #4 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #43 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SECRET ORIGINS #10 $4.99

Edit - forgot to punch in Wic-Div 8.

IRONFIST2014008-int2-1-114db.jpg

You just sit there every Saturday waiting for the new Diamond list, don't you?

Catwoman #39
Gotham Academy #5
Chew #46
Low #6
Wicked + Divine #8
All-New X-Men #38
New Avengers #30
Spider-Gwen #1 [COMICS ARE SAVED!]
Thor Annual #1
Uncanny Avengers #2

You just sit there every Saturday waiting for the new Diamond list, don't you?

Catwoman #39
Gotham Academy #5
Chew #46
Low #6
Wicked + Divine #8
All-New X-Men #38
New Avengers #30
Spider-Gwen #1 [COMICS ARE SAVED!]
Thor Annual #1
Uncanny Avengers #2

I don't wait, this list was made in that app a few days ago. It has never been wrong.

PsychBat!

Banned
Psych List:
Batman #39
Amazing Spider-Man #15
Daredevil #13
Darth Vader #2
New Avengers #30
Spider-Gwen #1
Spider-Man 2099 #9
Thor Annual #1

Cheska

My BuyList via Comics Day App

AQUAMAN #39 $2.99
BATMAN #39 $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #47 $2.99
CATWOMAN #39 $2.99
DEATHSTROKE #5 $2.99
GOTHAM ACADEMY #5 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #4 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #43 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SECRET ORIGINS #10 $4.99
Korupt, not a single Marvel comic? ;_;

OMG Spread
OMG Wytches

Now I know why people were praising Wytches when the issues came out. This is insane and unsettling stuff.

Spread is great. The Thing is one of my favorite movies, and that crazy body horror + post apocalyptic world is awesome.

The other series that caught my eye was Black Science. The art looks amazing

Sandfox

But which of the 2 did it the worse?

I'm leaning marvel. They did so many crazy things. Then again dc did a lot of character shake ups, replacements and were chasing that Wolverine dream

Its hard to say but they both did some interesting things lol.

Oh wow, Low is back this week? Feels like it's been forever since the last issue.

Gonna be a good week. Uncanny Avengers, Spider-Gwen, Gotham Academy, Low, and Sex Criminals Volume 2.

And everyone who missed the hype train last year can buy the AXIS hardcover this week. Everyone wins.

OMG Spread
OMG Wytches

Now I know why people were praising Wytches when the issues came out. This is insane and unsettling stuff.

Spread is great. The Thing is one of my favorite movies, and that crazy body horror + post apocalyptic world is awesome.

The other series that caught my eye was Black Science. The art looks amazing
I always feel like I'm missing out on some of the underrated books coming out cause not enough people talk about them, like Spread.

Anybody read Secret Identities?

Also check out Nailbiter if you are liking horror comics.

Daredevil is on TV right now so naturally I have it on. The use of Evanescence and Colin Farrel are killing me, it's so 2003.

Anyway list time

Spider-Gwen #1
Effigy #2
Wicked + Divine #8
Thor Annual #1

E: oh shit the Bring Me to Life scene, omg

Daredevil is on TV right now so naturally I have it on. The use of Evanescence and Colin Farrel are killing me, it's so 2003.

E: oh shit the Bring Me to Life scene, omg

Well, since it was released in 2003, I guess that's a fair assessment. Also, what ever happened to Evanescence? Last I heard, Amy Lee married that guy from Seether and then the band fell off the face of the Earth.

Posting about art on the gaming side reminded about the thing I used to have for Psylocke long ago. Does she have any good stories, or was she just a cool design?

Raife

Posting about art on the gaming side reminded about the thing I used to have for Psylocke long ago. Does she have any good stories, or was she just a cool design?

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender had a couple cool stories with her. The Dark Angel Saga was really good.

Other than that I'm having a tough time rembering anything that stood out too much. There was a few issues dealing with her super convoluted origin early on in the 90s X-Men(Vol. 2). I think it was issues 20-23 and then 31-32.

Yost wrote a limited series a few years ago that some people liked. It was a bit of the same darker tone that Uncanny X-Force had compared to the regular X-Men series.

Tizoc

Great to hear. They had convinced me it was a bag of shit.

Well they think DmC and Lost Planet 3 are bags of shit, but they're actually decent action games.
The Order may not be worth $60, but I still think its worth playing if you don't mind a short shooty bang romp.

arkon

Anybody read Secret Identities?

Yeah. First issue had enough of a hook to keep me coming back for the next one. It's an interesting alternative to big two superhero comics. Nothing amazing but solid stuff all round. Everybody's got some skeletons in the closet that are going to be teased out in the future issues but there's already big hints in place here.

Also read Rumble #3. Shit's starting to make sense. We get an info-dump of what the deal is with the scarecrow guy all wrapped up in some lovely artwork. I did like how it was handled at the start with the switch back to the present day for a few panels to mirror the reader's reaction to the new information we've been presented with, but then it goes back to playing out as expected. I'm curious as to where it's going because it seems like that main conflict could be done in a couple more issues.

Messi

Well they think DmC and Lost Planet 3 are bags of shit, but they're actually decent action games.
The Order may not be worth $60, but I still think its worth playing if you don't mind a short shooty bang romp.

I like short shoot bang games.

Also DmC was awesome.

Zombine

Banned
Great to hear. They had convinced me it was a bag of shit.

Super mild incredibly vague out of context spoiler:

There are
well written strong Hindu (I think that's the correct term?) women
who play an integral part in moving the plot forward.

It's also about 10 hours long and is a mix between Gears of War and Life is Strange. Every shooting set piece feels like it is meaningful, versus a shooter which might throw in some padded encounters to artificially increase playtime.

Super mild incredibly vague out of context spoiler:

There are
well written strong Hindu (I think that's the correct term?) women
who play an integral part in moving the plot forward.

It's also about 10 hours long and is a mix between Gears of War and Life is Strange. Every shooting set piece feels like it is meaningful, versus a shooter which might throw in some padded encounters to artificially increase playtime.

The Giant Bomb quick look made it seem reaaaally boring. Artificially slowing you to a walking crawl in situations that made no sense, forcing you to stare at objects for awkward lengths of time for no real purpose. The combat encounters also appeared to be incredibly shallow. It seems like the sort of game to wait a month or two for the price crash.

kd-z

It's still there on eu

https://m.comixology.eu/The-Multiversity-Mastermen-2014-1/digital-comic/190682

Maybe it's not released in your universe yet.

Maybe it's the Nazi imagery?

Weird. All your links lead me to an error page. I also can't even view it on Comixology US. It must think I'm in Germany 'cause I'm a couple kilometers east of the border.

No biggie, I'm at Multiversity issue three so I still have a couple to read.

Zombine

Banned
The Giant Bomb quick look made it seem reaaaally boring. Artificially slowing you to a walking crawl in situations that made no sense, forcing you to stare at objects for awkward lengths of time for no real purpose. The combat encounters also appeared to be incredibly shallow. It seems like the sort of game to wait a month or two for the price crash.

The story is wonderful, and even as a glorified tech demo (if that's what people consider it) it succeeds at what it's trying to accomplish. The transition between cutscene and gameplay is flawless (I believe it's all rendered In game) and there was a point around act 8 where my mind was blown after I realized that I wasn't watching a video but actually moving my character around.

Select journalists and forum members here were looking for something that it isn't. It's The Walking Dead season 1 with a gigantic budget and shooting elements taken straight from a different game. If it works, and it does, why should it be punished for that? If anyone at all is at fault, it's Sony and the way they marketed the game.

Select journalists and forum members here were looking for something that it isn't. It's The Walking Dead season 1 with a gigantic budget and shooting elements taken straight from a different game. If it works, and it does, why should it be punished for that? If anyone at all is at fault, it's Sony and the way they marketed the game.

12h game. 25 dollah for the season pass. Generally considered good story, with feels and stuff.

Not quite the best of comparisons, even with those terms >__>

Those Eva Bell X-Men Annuals :'(

So fucked up.

Damnit Marvel please don't let Uncanny be the end for Eva.

What if it is the end? What if only Bendis gave a fuck about her and the new writers never mention her again? What if post Secret Wars she never even existed?

sGx39yA.gif

Zombine

Banned
12h game. 25 dollah for the season pass. Generally considered good story, with feels and stuff.

Not quite the best of comparisons, even with those terms >__>

I'm talking about in terms of the gameplay itself. It's a AAA Walking Dead season 1. Season 2 was a bit more restricted in terms of walking around from point a to point b, whereas there was a bit more freedom in episode 1. This game has that freedom of movement that Episode 1 had.

Like I said, it's gaming side being stupid. If you own a PS4 and are looking for something to enjoy before Bloodborne it's beyond worthwhile.

Messi

Meh week is still a large week.

Batman #39
Catwoman #39
Effigy #2
Gotham Academy #5
Secret Origins #10

D4VE #1
Orphan Black #1

Wicked and the Divine #8
Chew vol 9

All-New X-Men #38
Amazing Spider-man #15
Deadpool #42
Spider-Gwen #1
Spider-Man and the x-men #1
Thor Annual #1
Uncanny Avengers #2

What if it is the end? What if only Bendis gave a fuck about her and the new writers never mention her again? What if post Secret Wars she never even existed?

This hurts me deeply

Top Bottom