• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

MG310

You guys know it's a foreign comic being retitled and translated for release in the US, yeah? It used to be called Red Widow, but I think they changed the title to Red Skin due to copyright issues.

Add me to the list of people looking forward to it. That concept plus Dodson art sounds like a fantastic combo.

Guys please don't get banned for talking about the order. I don't know how bannings work but lots of people who have talked about the order are gone now. Plus JC might never come back :(

It would be a silly hill to pick to die on, alright.

I'll try and shut up about it now. Waiting for Star Trek Online to install now, it probably won't finish in time since I'll be watching WWE Fast Lane in an hour so, for only $9.99 on the WWE Network (I know this month is free, I just always wanted to say that).

At least I have tomorrow off. New jawb on Tuesday, we'll see how that goes.

Messi

What a great time for new female character books by Marvel. Silk is great, Squirrel Girl is fantastic, I am going out on a limb to say Spider-Gwen will be great. Shame Spider-Woman isn't better.

Zombine

Banned
It would be a silly hill to pick to die on, alright.

I'll try and shut up about it now. Waiting for Star Trek Online to install now, it probably won't finish in time since I'll be watching WWE Fast Lane in an hour so, for only $9.99 on the WWE Network (I know this month is free, I just always wanted to say that).

At least I have tomorrow off. New jawb on Tuesday, we'll see how that goes.

I'll be at Raw in April :)

What a great time for new female character books by Marvel. Silk is great, Squirrel Girl is fantastic, I am going out on a limb to say Spider-Gwen will be great. Shame Spider-Woman isn't better.

Can't believe Marvel killed off Journey Into Mystery so quickly. It was really good :/ I want more Sif adventures.

I like Spider-Woman's new costume, but she needs a good writer to match.

I'm a huge fan of Avengers Arena, but I know I'm in the minority.
If it was using original characters i'd be ok with it. But being a big fan of Sentinel, Avengers Academy, Runaways and the like and seeing after years of delightful stories (Sentinel) and really good ones to have a good portion destroyed for a splashy gimmicky book was sickening.

Thanks a lot Marvel for your Battle Royal knockoff young character murder book

Only Humphries is worse

Zombine

Banned
I'm a huge fan of Avengers Arena, but I know I'm in the minority.

The fabled Raw-After-Mania, or just a random Raw?

I've never been to any live wrestling. They do run house shows here like twice a year.

Nah it's almost a month later. I'm thinking about doing a ComicGAF sign. Wrestling is my shit and I love that one of the perks of my job is getting to hang out with wrestlers when they come to town.

I typically work for WWE for the night as well, but back in the fall for Smackdown I just opted for free tickets.

Messi

I mean, the only reason I was so blunt was because it's so obvious it hurts.

But what if there is a twist and it is someone we haven't seen in a while?

PzZziiR.gif

Anyone else reading Black Science? Really enjoying it. The art is gorgeous and the different dimensions are wonderfully realized. A lot of action, and it's the kind of premise that has endless potential. Sliders without having to worry about budget or special effects, jumping to new and ever-weirder realities.

atqMxll.jpg

Boogiepop

Before I forget again: I read some comics!

Caught up on my TMNT backlog. The 2014 annual was the same sort of thing as the 2012: a decent enough old school TMNT story that's in continuity with the new series, but totally skippable and not worth tracking down. The 30th anniversary book was decent enough but the whole super short story retrospective thing reminded me of FCBD thing. Enjoyable enough but not really worth the money.

Then volumes 9, 10, and Turtles in Time were all awesome of course. Especially love the way they took
Nobody
from something kind of lame into an interestinng character twist. This book always leaves me wanting more of it!

Of, and Exiles (2009) was nice enough. It's just a shame it got cut really, really short. It seems like it would've been a cool run but they barely got a chance to develop it at all. I do like the
screw it, the whole "what's behind everything stuff is nonsense and totally in flux"
to handwave Claremont's crapping up of things, and it at least helps wash away the taste of that from the end of the series.

Messi

Anyone else reading Black Science? Really enjoying it. The art is gorgeous and the different dimensions are wonderfully realized. A lot of action, and it's the kind of premise that has endless potential. Sliders without having to worry about budget or special effects, jumping to new and ever-weirder realities.

atqMxll.jpg

Yeah, lots of us here read it. I think it is fantastic and the artwork is stunning for the most part. I have moved to reading it in trades as I find it reads better like that. But all around a great read.

atqMxll.jpg

It's the best.

-Deus Ex Machina's galore

-Character assassination

-
Vampires?
let's introduce them and not follow through.

- boss recycling

-plz buy The Order 2 4 the rest

-
Tesla
never fucked a pigeon.

So... what i'm getting from this post is that you saying Gamingside was at least somewhat justified....

Uh, wow.

That ending can't be worse than Rage's though, so that's got to count for something...?

Don't think i've ever seen an ending that screamed more of "we ran outta money bro".

Yeah, lots of us here read it. I think it is fantastic and the artwork is stunning for the most part. I have moved to reading it in trades as I find it reads better like that. But all around a great read.

It's the best.
Cool. As a big fan of sci fi, crime fiction, horror, cyberpunk, I'm like in seventh heaven finding all these new series. I didn't realize the comic scene was so diverse outside of Marvel and DC. I knew about TWD, Preacher, and Fables, and had heard mentions of stuff like 100 Bullets, but that was about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This second part of the ms.marvel / wolverine story was better than the first but still can't touch the early issues. Tell me it gets better guys :(

Next issue has Lockjaw at least so that's cool

Messi

Cool. As a big fan of sci fi, crime fiction, horror, cyberpunk, I'm like in seventh heaven finding all these new series. I didn't realize the comic scene was so diverse outside of Marvel and DC. I knew about TWD, Preacher, and Fables, and had heard mentions of stuff like 100 Bullets, but that was about it.

It is amazing right now. Have you given Velvet a look?

NexusCell

So as someone that wants to take advantage of the Comixology Marvel buy 1 get 1 free sale, and currently has Marvel Unlimited, do you guys have any recommendations on what to buy?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This second part of the ms.marvel / wolverine story was better than the first but still can't touch the early issues. Tell me it gets better guys :(

Next issue has Lockjaw at least so that's cool

I don't think the quality ever dips, but the next arc is Kamala vs The Inventor, and yeah, those issues are some of the best so far.

It is amazing right now. Have you given Velvet a look?
Not yet. On my wishlist now
Sounds reminiscent of Salt

So as someone that wants to take advantage of the Comixology Marvel buy 1 get 1 free sale, and currently has Marvel Unlimited, do you guys have any recommendations on what to buy?
I picked up Hawkeye Vol 1 and Immortal Iron Fist Vol 1. Hawkeye was excellent, haven't gotten to Iron Fist yet

Messi

Anyone still reading Loki? I have fallen way behind and am wondering if it is still good.

Y'all should be reading Magneto btw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone still reading Loki? I have fallen way behind and am wondering if it is still good.

Y'all should be reading Magneto btw.

Magneto is awesome, need to read the latest issue on MU

Top Bottom