• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
Well, the ending
left things wide open for a sequel
, which I would really like to see given how much I enjoyed the setting.

In other news, I just Platinum'd it. XD

I'll probably end up playing it after the Platinum. I don't think this is getting a trade in.

wYheWDU.gif

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=26180
Now this looks like my kind of story.

I'll probably end up playing it after the Platinum. I don't think this is getting a trade in.

Yeah, I'm doing a second playthrough now. So much more fun when you don't have to keep looking around for shit to pick up. I don't even know why they opted to add collectibles into a game they planned on making so cinematic.

Messi

I just read the All New X-Men issue with Sarah Pichelli on art. Goodness her art is lovely. I wish she
did more issues. The issue was also a nice wind down issue. I like seeing these characters just hang around. Emma being a dick to Jean was kind of awesome as was Jean standing up for herself. Could have done without the Kitty and Star Lord bit but if they are going for that relationship whole hog atleast they referenced it in the main book. The first bit with X-23 and Angel in the nightclub and back in his bedroom talking about why he likes her was cool.

Yeah, I'm doing a second playthrough now. So much more fun when you don't have to keep looking around for shit to pick up. I don't even know why they opted to add collectibles into a game they planned on making so cinematic.

The game is six hours long with collectibles and forced walks, apparently one third of it being cutscenes. That's why.

The game is six hours long with collectibles and forced walks, apparently one third of it being cutscenes. That's why.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was $30 for two hours. Padding things with collectibles doesn't justify anything. While I enjoyed The Order, I think it would have been a much better value at $39.99.

So on Comixology, getting Black Science issues #7 - #11 is cheaper than getting them as Volume 2. $9.95 vs $14.99. Is there any reason to get the Volume over the individual issues?

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was $30 for two hours. Padding things with collectibles doesn't justify anything. While I enjoyed The Order, I think it would have been a much better value at $39.99.

Yerp. Don't stop developers from doing it, tho.

And yes, if the devs had priced The Order at 40, the reviews would be FAR less harsh. All you gotta do is look at the reception Hard Reset got. Shorter, but honestly marketed, and still managed an above 70 metacritic, even with shit story and short length. To an extent, same happened for GZ, more honest marketing about what they were doing, even with little bit of bullshit about "20 hours of valueeee", fairer price, and kinder metascore.

Alas, RaD does seem to like the taste of their feet a tad too much for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy crap this uncanny x-men / ironman / Nova No End In Sight mini arc was fucking awful. It felt completely disjointed and utterly pointless in the end. None of it made sense and it felt like they picked 3 franchises out of a hat to make a special about. Good lord...

I need to read something good fast to cleanse that awfulness

Holy crap this uncanny x-men / ironman / Nova No End In Sight mini arc was fucking awful. It felt completely disjointed and utterly pointless in the end. None of it made sense and it felt like they picked 3 franchises out of a hat to make a special about. Good lord...

I need to read something good fast to cleanse that awfulness

Fury My War Gone By.
Alternatively the barracuda mini is pretty good too. Not stellar, but will suffice.

arkon

Almost done with Hitman volume 4. Bueno Excellente and the rest of Section Eight might just be my new favourite superheroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fury My War Gone By.
Alternatively the barracuda mini is pretty good too. Not stellar, but will suffice.

No idea what either of those are but it doesn't sound like something on MU

barrin87

Three issues into the second library edition of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and I'm loving it still.
Xander and Dracula are hilarious.

Rhaknar

I thought MU collected everything mahvel thats 6+ months old? Should be there. Both are part of the MAX lineup.

Also wtf you havent read punisher max? Fuck is wrong with you?

MU doesn't have MAX stuff, it would ruin little kids sensitivities

Hey Comics-GAF. I'm crossing over from mostly reading manga and have really enjoyed Gotham Academy, Ms. Marvel, and Silk.

Is there any other stuff like those three series out there, particularly Gotham Academy?
asking for a friend

Just ordered the new GL omnibus and was thinking about maybe getting a statue to complement it. Never bought a statue before, would the Kotobukiya ArtFX+ line be a good entry point?

Cheska

Just ordered the new GL omnibus and was thinking about maybe getting a statue to complement it. Never bought a statue before, would the Kotobukiya ArtFX+ line be a good entry point?
Theyre pretty inexpensive and the quality of the statues are actually pretty good. Just be aware that they're much tinier than most statues out there.

ThyComicList

ARCHIE COMICS:
BLACK HOOD #1(dcbs)

BOOM!:
CURB STOMP #1 (dcbs)

DC COMICS:
BATMAN #39
BATMAN ETERNAL #47
GOTHAM ACADEMY #5 (dcbs)
SUICIDERS #1 (dcbs)

IDW:
D4VE #1 (dcbs)

IMAGE:
CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION #1 (one-shot magazine format)(dcbs)
LOW #6

MARVEL:
DAREDEVIL #13 (dcbs)
SPIDER-GWEN #1 (dcbs)

SoilBreak

Banned
Hey Comics-GAF. I'm crossing over from mostly reading manga and have really enjoyed Gotham Academy, Ms. Marvel, and Silk.

Is there any other stuff like those three series out there, particularly Gotham Academy?
asking for a friend

Brian K. Vaughan's Runaways
Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man
Jason's Aaron's Thor
Brenden Fletcher's & Cameron Stewart's Batgirl
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye

Tizoc

asking for a friend

Hmmm...only series that I'd liken Gotham Academy to is Gunnerkrigg Court, it's a webcomic but has gotten actual book publications, so check it out.

Other than that maybe Locke and Key? That one is something of a horror series though I guess.

Zombine

Banned
So Midtown is selling Spider Gwen Adam Hughes cover for $250...is that the retail price or is this another "let's sell a $9 book for $30" price gouging from those fucks?

Legit the GameStop of comics.

So Midtown is selling Spider Gwen Adam Hughes cover for $250...is that the retail price or is this another "let's sell a $9 book for $30" price gouging from those fucks?

Legit the GameStop of comics.

It's a 1:100 variant. So it's rare. Most eBay auctions are around $300-400. Hype is probably inflating that to a strong degree.

And the list goes to.....

Aquaman #39
Arkham Manor #5
Batman #39
Batman Eternal #47
Catwoman #39
Deathstroke #5
Earth 2 World's End #21
Flash #39
Gotham Academy #5
Gotham By Midnight #4
Justice League Dark #39
New 52 Futures End #43
Red Lanterns #39
Secret Origins #10
Sinestro #10

Wicked + The Divine #8

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just one page since this morning? ComicGAF isnt moving without me!

I really hate that Scarlet Spider Vol. 2 is out of print :( I really wanted to read it as the next book :(

Top Bottom