• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

MG310

I'm a fan of almost any Hawkgirl incarnation. So it's still awesome. And I can understand why they'd want Shayera as she's more recognizable but it definitely feels like an accidental bait and switch. Thanks for the video as always!

I might be wrong but I think they showed the print which is the same as the statue before they showed the variant cover with the Earth 2 version.

OMG my Harley Fandom is real.

nKevFD7.jpg

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Quick one - is it worth getting into Legendary Star-Lord while the Comixology bogof is still active?

The last issue of Guardians was super jarring. I've been reading All-New X-Men and the Black Vortex just seems to have come out of nowhere.

Messi

Quick one - is it worth getting into Legendary Star-Lord while the Comixology bogof is still active?

The last issue of Guardians was super jarring. I've been reading All-New X-Men and the Black Vortex just seems to have come out of nowhere.

No. It started ok and hot no better. Some issues are straight up terrible.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
OMG my Harley Fandom is real.

Oh, I did one of those quizzes too:

Q1 - What is Harley Quinn?
A - A scary ghost of a clown lady

Q2 - What is Harley Quinn's real name?
A - Clownette Makeups

Q3 - What is Harley Quinn's weapon of choice?
A - A big custard pie

Q4 - What is Harley Quinn's job?
A - Psychiatrist Sexy clothes tailor

Q5 - Where does Harley live?
A - Probably a circus tent? Or prison.

I'm catching up on the avengers hickman stuff so I can be ready for secret wars

Just started infinity and holy god.

I need this all collected asap

Once I finish infinity does the reading order become "just read whichever book was released next" or is there some crazy reading order still?

I completely understand why people may not like games like this, but what bugs me the most is the Journalism. I don't think that the game is flawless (I ran into a couple of bugs which caused me to have to restart a checkpoint) but it succeeds in the genre that it falls in..

what about the instant fail stealth sequences near the end

or the "no you dont get to use that gun right now"

and the "okay now here we're going to make you walk at a snails pace while we deliver exposition/dialogue to you" shit

it just seems to hit the checkmarks of "what a 3rd person shooter should do" but also clears a lot of the list on the "shit that people have vocally been negative about for at least 10 years in these games" and its confusing that such a big game made today would be blind to some of the problems that SHOULD have been avoided.

Yay she came in! Video review: http://youtu.be/Fk7k21OFDlU

rJThk1Zl.jpg

WxL6U2Cl.jpg

looks awesome! mines waiting at my shop for me. I'm struggling to find where to put her though. the shelf she'd go on is already occupied with the zatanna, stargirl, and black canary

I'm catching up on the avengers hickman stuff so I can be ready for secret wars

Just started infinity and holy god.

I need this all collected asap

Once I finish infinity does the reading order become "just read whichever book was released next" or is there some crazy reading order still?
I would read them in the order they were released post infinity. Avengers/New Avengers basically become one book. Great stuff. It's not even finished and its one of my favorite comic book runs. I think Infinity has been the best line wide event since Final Crisis.

While watching the Oscars last night, my wife was on the couch doodling. I just completed New Frontier and was inspired. So I grabbed a pencil and was going to doodle also while we watched. I'm no artist, what I draw, it is pretty much a direct freehand copy of what I'm looking at, and I erase my lines a lot, but here is my line work and my wife started to color it.

B-ih9NcIEAAaU4h.jpg

Here is the inspiration.

B-iiflpIgAAVBtk.jpg

tim1138

While watching the Oscars last night, my wife was on the couch doodling. I just completed New Frontier and was inspired. So I grabbed a pencil and was going to doodle also while we watched. I'm no artist, what I draw, it is pretty much a direct freehand copy of what I'm looking at, and I erase my lines a lot, but here is my line work and my wife started to color it.

B-ih9NcIEAAaU4h.jpg

Here is the inspiration.

B-iiflpIgAAVBtk.jpg

That's a bitching Dr Fate.

CBTech

Just finished up Brubaker's run of Daredevil. Another very solid run and an excellent follow-up of Bendis's run. So is Matt's life always fucked or is it coincidence that all of the best runs are of his life in a nose dive? Time to jump into Waid's run.

I was really excited for the Marvel B1G1 sale on CMX at first, but it was hard to find stuff I wanted since I could read most old stories on MU and there aren't any recent series I'm too interested in jumping into except maybe Punisher. Doesn't help that Punisher MAX isn't included in the sale or on MU. If this was a DC B1G1 my wallet would be dying.

E the Shaggy

Just finished up Brubaker's run of Daredevil. Another very solid run and an excellent follow-up of Bendis's run. So is Matt's life always fucked or is it coincidence that all of the best runs are of his life in a nose dive? Time to jump into Waid's run.

I was really excited for the Marvel B1G1 sale on CMX at first, but it was hard to find stuff I wanted since I could read most old stories on MU and there aren't any recent series I'm too interested in jumping into except maybe Punisher. Doesn't help that Punisher MAX isn't included in the sale or on MU. If this was a DC B1G1 my wallet would be dying.

Waid's run is entirely trying to go in the opposite direction and show that Matt's life is no longer fucked up. It's a breath of fresh air.

Theyre pretty inexpensive and the quality of the statues are actually pretty good. Just be aware that they're much tinier than most statues out there.
Thanks, good to hear the quality is alright and I don't really mind them being smaller.

Nice Hawkgirl bombshell, those have been really nice.

Wow sensation comics #23-24 was great

DC snuck in an unofficial Lumberjanes/ WW crossover! And it was AWESOME. Best issues in the series so far. Really fun stuff. Dianna killing it on DDR!

NexusCell

portrait_uncanny.jpg

“This is basically me doing a cop story, but with hammers instead of guns,” says Aaron. “This is me getting to do ‘Homicide: Life on the Street’ with lots of cosmic cops. It’s every version of Thor you can imagine, all walking beats, solving murders, getting yelled at by their commissioner and blowing off steam at their local Thor-cop bar.”

Goddamit Marvel, everytime I want to pull out, you pull me back in.

fauxtrot

Banned
A lot of these Battleworld titles (are they one-offs or multiple issues long?) seem to just be applying the Spider-Verse concept to another popular character and then adding another spin to it. It kinda feels cheap, but some of them do genuinely seem fun / interesting.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ultimate Hippie Thor > Ultimate Thor who was written that he acknowledged his nordic mythology stuff.

I really need to buy the two Ultimates OHCs.

fauxtrot

Banned
Is there a site I can use to check out all of the Secret Wars related title announcements thus far? I already feel lost and they're not even releasing yet!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well for better or worse, it's back in less than a month. I'm ready for more even if Troy, Shirley and Pierce are gone. I'm okay with more Paget Brewster on my screen so that's a bit of consolation.
Shirley... Is gone, too? :(

Welp :(

It doesnt air here anyway, so I will never see it.

Top Bottom