• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I think it's time for another ComicGAF event.

1nZuuPz.gif
AXIS
1nZuuPz.gif

Raife

are there any standout issues/short arcs in this random late 90s Uncanny X-Men sale

There are a few Joe Casey written issues. I think he started with issue 394. The "Poptopia" arc (395-398) was pretty decent from what I remember. It had art by Ian Churchill, Sean Phillips, and Ashley Wood. I think Sean Phillips did art on a few more issues in the early 400s as well. Nothing earth shattering in that run, but a few fun X-Men stories.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm so ready for The Black Hood and the rest of Archie's Dark Circle lineup!

When does The Shield #1 get released? That's my most anticipated by far.

I like this variant:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/1...ki-black-hood-first-archie-comic-drop-f-bombs

But as dark and seedy as The Black Hood sounds, Swierczynski says that it won’t be about “Walter White in a mask.”

“As strange as it sounds, I think it’s still an uplifting story. This guy will become a hero, he will find his way back to a certain degree. And that’s the fun of it: watching the reverse Breaking Bad. Watching someone who’s good—he stumbles, falls down in the darkness—but the fun is watching him crawl out of it.”

Of all the series I've started recently, Lazarus is my favorite. Black Science has the best art, but I love the world-building and sci-fi Game of Thrones vibe of Lazarus.

10422196_101535540460jpj60.jpg

Aw yiss. Getting ready for dat Black Hood (this is from Swierczynski's Facebook).
Wait, Duane Swierczynski writes comics too? I'm big on neo-noir and crime fiction and his novels The Wheelman and Severance Package were awesome. Definitely going to be checking out The Black Hood. What else from him would you recommend?

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm still confused as to how these Battleworld stories are supposed to take place... is this an alternate version of all of these Thors that live in a world where they are the police force or are these the different Thors from the alternate universes we already know about? If it's the latter, why would they be worried about being "cops" when everything they know about their universes have been turned on their ear? Wouldn't they have bigger issues to worry about?

jennifer-lawrence-confused-shrug.gif

NexusCell

I'm still confused as to how these Battleworld stories are supposed to take place... is this an alternate version of all of these Thors that live in a world where they are the police force or are these the different Thors from the alternate universes we already know about? If it's the latter, why would they be worried about being "cops" when everything they know about their universes have been turned on their ear? Wouldn't they have bigger issues to worry about?

Shhhh..No confusion. Just go with it. You know you want to.

Of all the series I've started recently, Lazarus is my favorite. Black Science has the best art, but I love the world-building and sci-fi Game of Thrones vibe of Lazarus.

Wait, Duane Swierczynski writes comics too? I'm big on neo-noir and crime fiction and his novels The Wheelman and Severance Package were awesome. Definitely going to be checking out The Black Hood. What else from him would you recommend?

This is a pretty good for Duane, his new novel 'Canary' is also being published.

I haven't read many of his comics asides from his 'Six Hours to Kill' arc in Punisher MAX.

But have you checked out his other novels? The Blonde is another novel that takes place in the loose universe that's created by Severance Package and The Wheelman. He also has that Hardie trilogy (I need to finish the last book though). He also did a supernatural noir, 'Secret Dead Men', and a time travel crime book 'Expiration Date'. Love his books.

This is a pretty good for Duane, his new novel 'Canary' is also being published.

I haven't read many of his comics asides from his 'Six Hours to Kill' arc in Punisher MAX.

But have you checked out his other novels? The Blonde is another novel that takes place in the loose universe that's created by Severance Package and The Wheelman. He also has that Hardie trilogy (I need to finish the last book though). He also did a supernatural noir, 'Secret Dead Men', and a time travel crime book 'Expiration Date'. Love his books.
Need to check them out. I'm down for anything crime fiction or gritty noir. If you like his stuff, you should check out the novels Cold Shot To The Heart by Wallace Stroby and Dope Thief by Dennis Tafoya.

They're most likely running with an idea that was hinted at during the God Butcher arc, when King Thor mentions to Thor that there would be a point when he'd get together with other Thors and fight space crime, pointing out that it was something very silly indeed. Iirc.

Top Bottom