• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

omgkitty

Here are the Sex Criminals prints. I won't post Becky's since it's NSFW

SexCriminals_MattTaylor_zps07ff5fd1.jpg~original

Dunbar

Regarding the Sabrina delay stuff from last page, the most recent Previews solicited Sabrina #4 for release in late April, but who knows if that means they're getting back on schedule or if it's just wishful thinking.

Mann,
I really want to check out the Doom Patrol Omnibus.. Just don't know about spending that much $... Maybe I could get it a bit cheaper used?

As of now looks like I might be ordering Hellboy Library Ed Vol 2 and The New Frontier Deluxe HC

Mann,
I really want to check out the Doom Patrol Omnibus.. Just don't know about spending that much $... Maybe I could get it a bit cheaper used?

As of now looks like I might be ordering Hellboy Library Ed Vol 2 and The New Frontier Deluxe HC

I doubt it. Most eBay completed listings (and Amazon used listings) hover around the same price as a new copy from IST.

Messi

Regarding the Sabrina delay stuff from last page, the most recent Previews solicited Sabrina #4 for release in late April, but who knows if that means they're getting back on schedule or if it's just wishful thinking.

Those are just the old dates from when the first one shipped. Now we have no idea when #2 is coming.

Ohnonono

Did a bit of reading recently.

I am almost done with the first trade of Outcast and I really enjoy it. Seems like it is going to be a solid horror-ish/conspiracy type thing.

Almost done with the first trade of Black Widow. I really enjoy this, it feels just super hero enough to be fun and has more depth than I am used to. This was a great recommendation. When I get done with the 2 trades I go straight to Fraction's Hawkeye which I am sure I will like as well.

Revival I really enjoy. I love the setting and the art and it genuinely spooked me out a couple times.

The Wicked+The Divine I started reading and then stopped after about an issue of the trade. I adore it but I need to slow down because it will be torture waiting for the next trade.

Rachel Rises is amazing, but I was pretty much told to expect it to be.

My first month or so having comics be my "main" hobby has been really fun, and I still have a ton of stuff sitting on the shelf to read.

Dunbar

All-New X-Men #38 (might skip this one if it's just a Black Vortex tie-in because I'm not reading that)
Amazing X-Men #17
Arkham Manor #5
Batman #39
Batman Eternal #47
Black Hood #1
Criminal Special Edition One-Shot
Darth Vader #2
Gotham Academy #5
Gotham by Midnight #4
Justice League Dark #39
New Avengers #30
Rasputin #5
Roche Limit #5
Secret Avengers #13
Secret Origins #10 (damn you Batgirl)
Spider Gwen #1
Thor Annual #1
Zero Vol. 3: Tenderness of Wolves.

Probably dropping Rasputin and Roche Limit after this week as they finish their first arcs. Neither has held the interest unfortunately. Everything else should be pretty good.

Slayven

I am trying to remember the name of a comic, came out a while ago. It is about a superhero that just snaps one day and start murdering bad guys. He controlled this kind of blue energy that he could shape with his thoughts. He worked with a superteam that had a brick chick, and religious dude on it.

Vyer

Well, I mean, I would say that it is pretty friendly for children. Marvel and DC may be targeting the teen and young adult demographic, but their are plenty of other companies producing comics for kids. I know Boom! Comics does quite a bit of Adventure Time and Gumball comics that kids seem to enjoy, and (depending if your'e kid is into it) there are also comics featuring MLP or Transformers.There's also the Sonic and Megaman books from Archie.

Do you find that they are pretty visible in your LCS?

My LCS is pretty great. They have the kids stuff visible when you walk in, but there are definitely plenty of others I've been in that aren't so kid friendly.

Nope. The comic store model needs to be done away with. Or revamped heavily.

I don't feel the model is conducive for new readers, old or young.

Well good to know it's not just the shops around me. It definitely can vary though. But yeah, I would agree it's a problem and I'm surprised more stores don't try to address it. One would think getting younger readers interested would be a focus.

Cade

I am trying to remember the name of a comic, came out a while ago. It is about a superhero that just snaps one day and start murdering bad guys. He controlled this kind of blue energy that he could shape with his thoughts. He worked with a superteam that had a brick chick, and religious dude on it.

Where's JC when you need him?

It's not Irredeemable right? I have no idea

Boogiepop

Gah. Finished volumes 6 of both RID and MTMTE and... that cliffhanger on MTMTE! I need more! The wait for volume 7 is going to be rough.

CBTech

I've read the first two issues of Waid's run so far. Initial impressions are that the art is phenomenal. I love that there are more panels showing the world through Matt's radar sense. Especially love the panel of The Spot through the radar sense. So good. Matt on the other hand is kinda freaking me out. I'm so used to him being so low and angry that seeing him being happy and joking around is weirding me out. I'm glad Foggy notices it as well. Could someone fill me in on what happens between the end of Brubaker's run (Matt leaving to become the leader of the Hand) and the start of Waid's? Is it just the Hand stuff or does something else happen? Really I just want to know if this happy Matt is just something Waid wanted to work with or things started to get better for him up until Waid's run.

Also, got caught up on Punisher. It has been consistently good, but not really amazing. I loved seeing Rachel again, though I wish she stuck around longer to help Frank.

Well, she isn't wrong. Comics stores scan be notoriously toxic, and the boy's club mentality really needs to get buried.

Seconded. I've abandoned so many garbage human stores, even in the five boroughs.

Shameful. They should all get burned to the ground and someone shows up in the morning after so they can Instagram that creep's face when he realizes his secret stash of Lady Death books behind the counter is naught but ash.

I've read the first two issues of Waid's run so far. Initial impressions are that the art is phenomenal. I love that there are more panels showing the world through Matt's radar sense. Especially love the panel of The Spot through the radar sense. So good. Matt on the other hand is kinda freaking me out. I'm so used to him being so low and angry that seeing him being happy and joking around is weirding me out. I'm glad Foggy notices it as well. Could someone fill me in on what happens between the end of Brubaker's run (Matt leaving to become the leader of the Hand) and the start of Waid's? Is it just the Hand stuff or does something else happen? Really I just want to know if this happy Matt is just something Waid wanted to work with or things started to get better for him up until Waid's run.

Also, got caught up on Punisher. It has been consistently good, but not really amazing. I loved seeing Rachel again, though I wish she stuck around longer to help Frank.

IRC DD becomes the boss of the Hand for some reason and later he gets taken over by a demon. He's a bad guy for a while and some street level superheroes get together to punch him in the face a couple times. This event is called Shadowland. Its terrible. Never read it.

kd-z

OK, this is strange. From what Comixology help guy told me, apparently DC decided not to make Mastermen #1 available in Poland of all places o_O

Cade

The one listing all the top Image titles as obscure? :x

Yes.

I went in and laughed a bit, but some of the recs were actually both good and obscure, like Manhunter v3. Still.

anyone hear of this batman comic, got like a guy who wears a bat costume? it's cool

The one listing all the top Image titles as obscure? :x

That's why the quotes are there, son.

And to be fair, those Image titles are obscure to the casual OT browser. It would be like expecting a non-manga person to have heard of Hunter X Hunter or something (which I never have before the last bunch of posts, it's all Bleach, Naruto and One Piece to me, and I couldn't name 5 characters from either of the last two).

Boogiepop

Before I forget again (and this is a question I should have asked waaaaay earlier): what's the best way to look up actual release dates on trades? I've been looking at Amazon which is obviously way off anything but their release dates, and IST's "coming soon" section is kind of crummy from whenever I've looked at it.

Before I forget again (and this is a question I should have asked waaaaay earlier): what's the best way to look up actual release dates on trades? I've been looking at Amazon which is obviously way off anything but their release dates, and IST's "coming soon" section is kind of crummy from whenever I've looked at it.

dcbservice.com's dates seem to be reasonably accurate. The search on their site is bad though, I usually go through Google.

Zombine

Banned

I just use Midtown comics and judge what's coming out a week before.

Also, mad props to my LCS for holding a "girls night" a month or so ago where all men including the owner were banned. They got to meet up and chill and hopefully connect with one another in a comfortable environment. Not that my store is bad, they're always welcoming of everyone but this was definitely cool.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah that next Sabrina issue is a long time coming. You'd think they'd have more than one issue ready (or at least close to ready) at the time the first issue got released. Something must have gone wacky.

Also, mad props to my LCS for holding a "girls night" a month or so ago where all men including the owner were banned. They got to meet up and chill and hopefully connect with one another in a comfortable environment. Not that my store is bad, they're always welcoming of everyone but this was definitely cool.
My LCS had a girl's night with Becky Cloonan when she came here. Kiiinda wanted to be a girl for that night.

Top Bottom