• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

But you don't read cape comics. STAHP!

dog-i-dont-even-know-who-i-am-anymore.jpeg

Messi

Spider-Gwen definitely needs a thread. Surely when OT hears that a side character who's been dead for 40+ years is returning as an alternate reality version with spider powers because energy vampires were traveling through different dimensions eating Spider-Men, they'll be filled with unbridled hope and love for the comic book industry.

I am willing to create the thread.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
OHMYGOD WHY DID THEY BRING GWEN BACK. COMICS SUCK AND ARE DEAD.
There should be a bet system for how many posts it takes until a version of these show up in GAF comics threads outside of the official topic:

"This is why I stopped reading comics."
"lol comics."
"This is why manga is better."

There should be a bet system for how many posts it takes until a version of these show up in GAF comics threads outside of the official topic:

"lol comics."

Two out of three on page 1. I'm calling it now.

NexusCell

Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies

ULTRON-VS-ZOMBIES-COVER.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/2...f&hootPostID=d96a0314a8f55afb2167f01b482ed38c

“Getting sent to this No Man’s Land means you’ve done something wrong in Battleworld,” says editor Mark Paniccia. “It’s equivalent to having to walk the plank over shark-infested waters. In this story you’ll see someone who is deemed a criminal sentenced to this very dangerous territory—a character I can’t mention—but is a really cool twist that James came up with.”

Caught in this post-apocalyptic hellscape will be The Vision, Wonder Man, and Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch—along with someone writer James Robinson says will be “a very cool surprise.” While everyone will be trying to kill the heroes (along with everyone else in from the former multiverse exiled with them), the Ultron/Zombie armies won’t be very chummy.

“Ultron sees his world as the epitome of perfection and the Zombies are the antithesis of that, so no they don’t get along at all,” says Robinson. “They war for whatever humanity they can find, with Ultron wishing to either control it or kill it and the zombies wanting to eat it. They’re definitely at war.”

So we've got a police force, a death race, and a no mans land for criminals in Battleworld now.

Also, preview screens
ULTRON-VS-ZOMBIES-01.jpg

ULTRON-VS-ZOMBIES-02.jpg

ULTRON-VS-ZOMBIES-03.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

In fact, I’d say that Vertigo’s trade collection policy is working against them. At one point it likely made sense to release trade collections as soon as possible and to bargain price the first volume to entice new readers. But now? Why buy a story that’s obviously written for the trade as monthly $3 comics, when you know that said trade will be out the month after the story ends for a fraction of the cost? So if a reader sees a new Vertigo eerie stat they think they might be interested in, they’re likely to decide to wait for the trade; but when that trade finally comes out, they’ve either forgotten about it or lost interest.

That's kind of a weird comment. That doesn't seem to be a major stumbling block for Image or most other publishers. I don't think Vertigo's old trade policy of releasing trades 6-8 months after the last collected issue was really doing it many favors either.

Spider-Gwen definitely needs a thread. Surely when OT hears that a side character who's been dead for 40+ years is returning as an alternate reality version with spider powers because energy vampires were traveling through different dimensions eating Spider-Men, they'll be filled with unbridled hope and love for the comic book industry.

Just tell them they already killed the Marvel vs. Capcom Spider-Man. That should go over well.

Mudcrab

"lol comics."

I wish comics were more like manga because I don't want to have to read Amazing Fantasy 15 to understand Spider-gwen.

I'm not gonna lie, whenever I see a Teen Titans Go episode I pretty much always enjoy it.

I think there was a thread on that, but in Gaming side

e: ah yep http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971783

Guys with Sonic and anime avatars crackin' wise on shit they know nothing about?
Several people claiming "I'm an expert." in just about everything?

Oh it's a gaming side thread alright.

I wish comics were more like manga because I don't want to have to read Amazing Fantasy 15 to understand Spider-gwen.

By far my favourite comics shitpost was the guy who claimed you couldn't be a "real" Spider-Man fan unless you had read every story ever printed.

NexusCell

So I want to be excited for AoU vs. MU, but all I know Robinson from is from his sort of shitty JLA Cry for Justice stuff. Has he written anything good for either Marvel or DC?

holy shit this cover though

https://www.comixology.com/Scalped-...lzdC92aWV3L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDU2MTI

gonna have to get this aren't i

(i already have every issue digitally, but they're SD)

In term of how Comixology works, don't collections just actually pull from the files used for single issues? So, doesn't that mean the Scalped issues in that collection are getting upgraded to HD? That seems to be the most effective way of storage, rather than storing essentially duplicate files on your server...

Or, as a person who also owns the entire run of Scalped in digital singles, am I wishing too hard?

Isak_Borg

In term of how Comixology works, don't collections just actually pull from the files used for single issues? So, doesn't that mean the Scalped issues in that collection are getting upgraded to HD? That seems to be the most effective way of storage, rather than storing essentially duplicate files on your server...

Or, as a person who also owns the entire run of Scalped in digital singles, am I wishing too hard?

Ugh, UMMMM....

Something or other got really right about something or other.

headshot95

Neo Member
39JGKFz.jpg

Was my birthday earlier this month and used the money I received to place this lovely instock order. Even though this like like my 10th order with IST, I'm still amazed at their packaging and just how careful they are with your books.

Copy of Scalped Came. Dust Jacket and Printed cover are very nice. Binding looks mainly glued and is pretty tight....and there is a fair amount of gutter loss =(. Haven't had any text bubbles yet that were just too far in the gutter but had to do a little stretching to fully see some.

Pages are typical Vertigo matte newsprint type but feel pretty sturdy. Height is about same as Image deluxes or Marvel Omni's. All in all not bad for the price.

Top Bottom