• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

if you wanted the Yesteryear Spider-Gwen variant...they finally put it on their ebay. $16 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221699924630?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

FJFPljrm.jpg
Oh i need a bigger pic of this

Holy shit, did the Becky Cloonan Sex Crims print sell out? The Add To Cart button is gone. :O

Edit: Yup. Sold out. Wow. I think that's the first one from Secret Panel to ever do that, as all of their others are still available.

Messi

Holy shit, did the Becky Cloonan Sex Crims print sell out? The Add To Cart button is gone. :O

Edit: Yup. Sold out. Wow. I think that's the first one from Secret Panel to ever do that, as all of their others are still available.

Not a time to be indecisive. Oh well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Good for her--the art is awesome as fuck.
I was pretty surprised it went so fast. I'm new to this whole LE art prints thing, but I guess that's how it works.

Haha--man, that was the most casual checkout for a print I've bought in forever.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, don't forget to pick up All-Star M.O.D.O.K. #13 tomorrow, everybody.

barrin87

I haven't read any Spider Man comics before and don't know if really care about them but man, these Spider Gwen covers are amazing. Makes me want to read them. Too bad I'll have to wait quite a while to since I'm not entering the dark world of floppies.

I want to add Sandman to my next IST order but not sure which version I should buy. The trades definitely seem the cheapest option but are the Absolute or Omnibus editions worth it? The Omnibus editions would be cheaper than the Absolutes while still having the updated coloring but are the Omnibus editions too large?

tim1138

I haven't read any Spider Man comics before and don't know if really care about them but man, these Spider Gwen covers are amazing. Makes me want to read them. Too bad I'll have to wait quite a while to since I'm not entering the dark world of floppies.

I want to add Sandman to my next IST order but not sure which version I should buy. The trades definitely seem the cheapest option but are the Absolute or Omnibus editions worth it? The Omnibus editions would be cheaper than the Absolutes while still having the updated coloring but are the Omnibus editions too large?

Thank goodness for digital and CMX.

tim1138

But what about comic shops?? Ah, whatever, burn 'em all.

In all honesty 3/5 of the shops within 25-30 minutes of my house are solid, welcoming places. That said, I'm happy to be free of the shackles of finding time to go to the shop and pick up my books and not having to worry about a bunch of floppies taking up space in the house.

Filthy Slug

I've honestly never been into a physical comic shop. =/

Edit: Or at least since I bought comics as a kid when when I was probably 12.

Honestly, a good and welcoming shop is a great thing. Form a sort of community where you pop by once a week and geek the fuck out and have fun. But a shitty stereotypical one is pretty much the worst thing ever and really makes it harder to stay on the physical plane of comic consumption. I've had both, and my current one is almost making me go digital. Almost.

Vyer

I haven't read any Spidey books since the end of Superior. Someone tell me how this not dead anymore Gwen stuff came about.

barrin87

Honestly, a good and welcoming shop is a great thing. Form a sort of community where you pop by once a week and geek the fuck out and have fun. But a shitty stereotypical one is pretty much the worst thing ever and really makes it harder to stay on the physical plane of comic consumption. I've had both, and my current one is almost making me go digital. Almost.

There is one that isn't too far away from my work so it's definitely possible to go sometime. I should really try going one of these days to at least look around.

Just imagine SpiderGwen doesn't live up to the hype.

Anyway, might as well post my list.

Batman #39
Gotham Academy #5

Orphan Black #1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #43

Chew #46
Low #6
Wicked + The Divine #8

Daredevil #13
Darth Vader #2
Deadpool #42
Inhuman #12