• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

So what's the general release schedule for issues? (Sorry for the beginner questions here)

Anyway, checked out Sex Criminals and Chew from my campus library. Great stuff, looks like I have a lot of volumes of Chew to catch up on.

So what's the general release schedule for issues? (Sorry for the beginner questions here)

Single issues can be summed up as "Monthly, except for the times when it isn't." The vast majority of books are monthly, with a few weeklies.

Trades are all over the place. Image books generally take a month off after an arc to release a trade now. Marvel ones come out relatively punctually, maybe 2 months after an arc has ended. You'll be waiting longer for anything DC, and even longer for the paperback (may or may not be a good thing depending on preference). IDW ones come out fast but are very expensive.

Single issues can be summed up as "Monthly, except for the times when it isn't." The vast majority of books are monthly, with a few weeklies.

Trades are all over the place. Image books generally take a month off after an arc to release a trade now. Marvel ones come out relatively punctually, maybe 2 months after an arc has ended. You'll be waiting longer for anything DC, and even longer for the paperback (may or may not be a good thing depending on preference). IDW ones come out fast but are very expensive.

IDW trades are the struggle... More expensive for a trade than the individual issues :/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Jim Starlin should write together with Joss Wheedon Infinity War 1 & 2.
I finished just his Infinity Revelation OGN and just loved the bizzare cosmic insanity that happened throughout it.
It was not as bizzare as Thanos Quest, bit still just great.

Marvel keeps delivering with their OGN Line.

Generally speaking new issues come out monthly on Wednesday, usually a specific week in the month (1sy Wednesday, 2nd, etc). If there is a 5th Wednesday in a month they usually ship a once a year annual on it since you have no normal issues slayed for that date. Some books double ship which means twice a month, some are weekly, and others have inconsistent schedules, such as every six weeks. These other ones are less common than monthly.

Yo, don't you take this #1 away from me Freeze.

I have no control over which # they send me.

tumblr_ms03i0cC8O1s1ny8xo1_500.gif

Like single issues?
Every Wednesday.

Generally speaking new issues come out monthly on Wednesday, usually a specific week in the month (1sy Wednesday, 2nd, etc). If there is a 5th Wednesday in a month they usually ship a once a year annual on it since you have no normal issues slayed for that date. Some books double ship which means twice a month, some are weekly, and others have inconsistent schedules, such as every six weeks. These other ones are less common than monthly.
Thanks for the info!

MG310

Adam Hughes is doing a signing of his other, Conquest Comics exclusive Spider-Gwen about a half hour away from me.

Debating going to it..but they're charging 14.99, 19.99, and 24.99 for the different variants of the variant.

Also they're doing some gross on-site CGC grading for 50 dollars per book.

Might just wait it out and see if he does a print for conventions like he did for the Harley cover.

Raife

So I want to be excited for AoU vs. MU, but all I know Robinson from is from his sort of shitty JLA Cry for Justice stuff. Has he written anything good for either Marvel or DC?

He did a (Prestige Format?) limited series called the Golden Age for DC a long while back. It was pretty great when I tracked down the issues. His Starman run that someone mentioned is amazing. He also did a follow up run with a character from his Starman run called Shade that was a pretty fun read.

His JLA series from a couple years ago wasn't very good though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uncanny Avengers Planet X stuff... man Remender is just writing more Uncanny X-Force with this book isnt he, lets be honest :p

Good stuff tho, although more time travel is, well...boring

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Andrea Sorrentino signed exclusively with Marvel. Good artist? I dont think Ive read anything with her (his?) art

Andrea Sorrentino signed exclusively with Marvel. Good artist? I dont think Ive read anything with her (his?) art

I think Andrea is a guy. A lot of people really like the work he's done on Green Arrow. I think the work in black and white looks too 'filtered in photoshop' sometimes, but it usually comes together well in color.

MG310

Can't unsee the "Feels Bad Man" face.

IST shipped my Uncanny X-Men volume 2 Omnibus and Power Girl: Power Trip. Missed that the reprint of the James Jean Fables Covers book came out already...might have to throw in another order.

Did the recent Uncanny X-Men annual IIRC. I didn't get around to reading it but most of the people on the X-Men panel at NYCC sounded very excited about having him onboard.

Owzers

Uncanny Avengers #1 (relaunch, now with an inverted person to be timely): I knew this issue was going to be terrible as soon as it switched to Team Rogue after the initial six pages. The series should have ended with Axis, none of these teams will ever compare well to what Remender did with Betsy, Fantomex, Deadpool, and Logan and it's a continued reminder that Uncanny X-Force was great and this isn't. Random 4/10. I would have given the book two extra random points had Remender included lewd panels of Scarlet Witch but those are reserved for $4.99 titles.

The Order arrived from gamefly today, at least i can look forward to playing a great video game tonight.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

He, and his run on Green Arrow with Jeff Lemire is fucking dope.

fertygo

His and Bendis Uncanny and All-new X-Men Annual also fantastic.

I think his work even more fitting for superpower stuff than street-level book.

Top Bottom