• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

That looks awesome. Good call.

Yeah it has short stories/writting in between a lot of the comics. Haven't read anything yet,, was kinda intimidated by the "Read do Not browse" page... Like shit I HAVE to read all these words lol.
itJPrr0.jpg

Looking forward to checking it out tho.

This looks great. It's only £17 on Amazon UK. I'm very tempted.

This looks great. It's only £17 on Amazon UK. I'm very tempted.

Like I said I haven't read any of it yet,, but it looks like i'd learn some shit after reading this. And with Scott McCloud doing introductions throughout the book I think it will be very indulging and interesting.

"The following comics selection and text explanations are meant to be read in the same order in which they are presented here." (at the beginning of the book)

-

Andrea Sorrentino signed exclusively with Marvel. Good artist? I dont think Ive read anything with her (his?) art

I didn't really care much for Green Arrow.. but became a fan because of Sorrentino and Lemire.

Dunbar

Stopped in the LCS on lunch and they had a "One per customer please" sign up behind Spider-Gwen because some dick was there the minute they opened and bought every issue they had ready to put out on the floor.

Buyer beware if you're planning to stop by the shop and pick up a copy off the shelf today.

Stopped in the LCS on lunch and they had a "One per customer please" sign up behind Spider-Gwen because some dick was there the minute they opened and bought every issue they had ready to put out on the floor.

Buyer beware if you're planning to stop by the shop and pick up a copy off the shelf today.

I guess some people are just into comics to make money...

Mumei

So: Between 1960 and 1969, Wonder Woman averaged 200,000 copies sold per issue, or good enough to average 47th. In that same time frame, Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane averaged more than 482,000 copies sold per issue, averaging 5th for the decade.

... Poor Wonder Woman.

Cheska

The one starring Miles and Sawyer from Lost?

Holy fuck, was this real!? Because now that you've said it, I can't imagine any other two people starring in it.

Also, Messi, weren't you talking about Poison Ivy by Sejic? Isn't he the one drawing the Poison Ivy pages in Secret Origins today?

ElNarez

Banned
Holy shit Danger Club

y'all remember Danger Club right?

it's back, and it's crazy, and holy fuck I'm so looking forward to what's next.

Bii

Huh, didn't realize it was so sought after. Most of the customers that frequent my LCS are DC fans though.

Owzers

Holy shit Danger Club

y'all remember Danger Club right?

it's back, and it's crazy, and holy fuck I'm so looking forward to what's next.

It was one of my favorite Image titles awhile ago and then i missed the dcbs pre-order for the next issue and just....didn't get them i guess. I read issue #8 will be the last. Mudman is another book i liked a lot but disappeared.

Mine had that rule too. Only variants they had were the Skottie Young one and a blank cover

Also unrelated but I bought an Idolmaster blind box and got a duplicate :(

frye

So: Between 1960 and 1969, Wonder Woman averaged 200,000 copies sold per issue, or good enough to average 47th. In that same time frame, Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane averaged more than 482,000 copies sold per issue, averaging 5th for the decade.

... Poor Wonder Woman.

I'm curious if your book mentions it but I believe the reason Wonder Woman's been in continuous publication all these decades, despite her lack of popularity after Martson/Peter, is because the rights would revert to the Marston family if the book wasn't in print.

Which is totally fascinating to me because that's the exact same thing that would happen to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons a good 40 years later with Watchmen

bengraven

Just read Vader #1.

"You killed two of my guards..."
"I have only killed two. Do not make me reconsider my generosity."

Classic Vader.

At least 2 stores had their Spider-Gwens arrive like this. Good job Diamond.

Oh man. I'm not surprised, when you have a monopoly on the comic market, you just have no duckfuckers (
spell check kept changing "fucks" to "ducks", so I compromised
) to give. My LCS has issues to deal with due to Diamond fuck-ups pretty much on a weekly basis.

Coining words like "Dare-splaining" is what makes Waid one of my favorite writers. Sorry for all the gushing but I absolutely love the way his characters interact, there's just so much heart in his DD run.

Messi

Holy fuck, was this real!? Because now that you've said it, I can't imagine any other two people starring in it.

Also, Messi, weren't you talking about Poison Ivy by Sejic? Isn't he the one drawing the Poison Ivy pages in Secret Origins today?

Indeed he is Cheska

Top Bottom