• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

New Rat Queens next week with Sejic on art. HHHHNNNNGGGGG

Hoi7gVc.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awesome, managed to secure a Spider-Gwen Scottie Young variant! Pretty pumped. Unfortunately it's an online order, will have to wait for it to get posted to me. Still!

fauxtrot

Banned
Awesome, managed to secure a Spider-Gwen Scottie Young variant! Pretty pumped. Unfortunately it's an online order, will have to wait for it to get posted to me. Still!

I'm always a little bummed when I realize how much time he spends on variant covers rather than interiors on an actual title, but his cartooning is always so on point that I can't bring myself to stop buying them.

tim1138

Batman
When does this take place exactly? Where's Robin? He could sweep things up ezpz

It's best to act like Batman and Batman and Robin exist in separate worlds. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, Batman has never acknowledged any developments from Inc or B&R.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's best to act like Batman and Batman and Robin exist in separate worlds. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, Batman has never acknowledged any developments from Inc or B&R.

In the past it has, but not lately.

My idea of the Batman timeline right now is:

Forever Evil > Batman Eternal = Detective Comics = Grayson = Batgirl = Catwoman> Batman Main Title > Batman and Robin

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
There was a Batman "Requiem" issue after Robin dies. It's the one with the incredible Capullo cover featuring Damian's boots and a robin atop one. It was okay, nothing special.

Dunbar

I'm tempted to try out Spider-Gwen despite not having read any Spider-Verse.
You'll be fine. I never read any Spider Verse and I'm not even that familiar with the Spider books in general, but I still liked it. They're doing a good job with that and Silk trying to bring in new readers.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So some updates on things I've been reading recently...

Injustice - up to middle of Year Two. It's pretty fantastic. There have been some real stand-out issues. In a weird way it's kinda like the Breaking Bad of the DC Universe - it's more like you're just watching this inevitable downward spiral of bad decisions, stubbornness, and vulnerability destroy these characters. It's kinda fascinating. I know they pull in more supernatural DC stuff as it goes along, but it's kinda crazy how far-reaching this story goes, extending all the way to the Green Lantern Corps. The real downside though is the art. Part of the blame goes to Netherrealm Studios' overly-messy designs, but man, there are some piss poor drawings in here. The story certainly overcomes it though.

Ant-Man - Read the first couple issues now. So good. So fun. So endearing. I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Spider-Gwen - A good start, some really interesting twists on characters. I wanna see what the overarching conflict is, but so far, so good. Gwen's perspective is pretty rad.

Hawkeye - Just wrapped up Issue 21. Honestly, the whole
raid on the building
is one of those comic magic-moments where you can just hear the soundtrack thumping as some of the scenes play out, your brain filling in the gaps, making the whole experience so wholly engrossing. Easily my favorite comic of the last few years, but this was a damn fine start to its finale.

Aquaman - Finally got around to finishing Death of a King. Geoff Johns' whole run on this series has been fantastic. I'm curious to check out Aquaman and the Others, see if that's any good. But yeah. Real shame he had to leave the book, and it kinda diminishes my desire to continue on without him, but this easily is among my favorite runs in the New 52.

tim1138

Aquaman - Finally got around to finishing Death of a King. Geoff Johns' whole run on this series has been fantastic. I'm curious to check out Aquaman and the Others, see if that's any good. But yeah. Real shame he had to leave the book, and it kinda diminishes my desire to continue on without him, but this easily is among my favorite runs in the New 52.

You need to stay with Aquaman, at least through issue 40. As good as Johns run was, Jeff Parker's has been even better. I'm super bummed that month I'd his and Pelletier's last issue in their run.

Bloodember

Went in to my LCS to pick up Spider Gwen, since I didn't preorder it, at 3pm and they hadn't even put this weeks comics out yet, they were still going through them, and they only ordered 3 copies, with one for general customers, wtf. Said they wouldn't have it ready for another hour. So I'll have to wait till Friday and get it at another comic store in another town.

The major problem with the local store is they are also a video game store first, so comics are a secondary business. Whoever orders they're comics doesn't know what is hot at all, you should see what they order a lot of and what they don't. The only reason I go in there is they're bags and boards are reasonable and the brand I like.

/end rant

the part of Zombine's ebay digital code tactic that i didn't consider is the wait to actually get the code messaged to you. goddammit, Spider-Gwen Wednesday is ruined

on the plus side though, Curb Stomp looks pretty damn swell

Zombine

Banned
the part of Zombine's ebay digital code tactic that i didn't consider is the wait to actually get the code messaged to you. goddammit, Spider-Gwen Wednesday is ruined

If you order from certain sellers the turnaround is at worst an hour or so later.

Low #6 was the best book of the week. Mind blowing stuff.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

That's the type of service you get for a buck, my dude.

I forgot to pick up the Thor Annual #1, too. Everything sucks!!

Anyone who read it - how was Phil's comics debut?

That's the type of service you get for a buck, my dude.

b-but it was a buck .75!
also yeaaaaa tru

Although the best was when I bought a $5 Hulu Plus subscription for like a month and the dude mailed me a sticky note with the code on it instead of sending me a message.

Well:

WnD was fantastic as usual. Love all the gods. So dynamic and fun.

Low, did not see that coming but fucking fantastic. Colors and art is great as usual.

Spider Gwen: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEE ITTTT!

UA: When Remender writes villain focused issues, I scream like a schoolgirl. So good.

NA: SO dark and dreadful. Gave me shivers when I read it.

Boogiepop

It's weird that this question didn't come to me till now, but what does Spider-Gwen go by for a superhero name? Because it's obviously not that. just Spider-woman or something?

Owzers

Finished Thor #5 and i'm leaning towards dropping it. Aaron brought back the great whisper of Original Sin and it's just an all around annoying book unworthy of my $2.39.

Top Bottom