• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Boogiepop

Cool, thanks guys. Unfortunately I'm a dirty rotten no good trade waiter so I won't be joining you guys just yet, but as long as it's still getting well received when the first trade comes out I'll be sure to give it a look!

fertygo

Sorrentino's art in AXM#38 is fucking amazing

Problem is I don't following the event so I didn't understand jackshit, what I should do.

I read Batman 39. Of course it was good. Of course holy shit moments. The wait til the end is going to be excruciating. Greg Capullo killed.

Today's Batman. Whoof.

Hope Alfred wasn't right handed.

Daaaaamn Batman, loved that twist at the end :D

Amazing. Best issue of endgame yet.

Jesus Christ. Month after month, Batman blows my mind.

Literally. That twist at the end. That amazing art.
The page where the villans appeared. I just stared at it. It was beautiful

Batman #39
Hahahahahahaha! Now that was funny. Poor Alfie hahahahaha!
Comic is so hype right now. Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion.

Just Read Batman #39....

Holy Shit.
I want Snyder to father my babies, and Capullo to design them

Batman.

Dunbar

Thoughts from today's reads:

Darth Vader #2 - A step back from last week but still good. It's a bit odd having a setup where Vader is still essentially a hit man for the Empire and gets sent on random odd jobs. Not really the strength of the character in my opinion.

Rasputin #5 - Is anyone else reading this? Ending had to have been one of the most WTF endings to a book in a long time.

New Avengers #30 - After a few weeks' break, glad to be back to my usual routine of reading the issue, having no idea what happened, and going online to look up explanations.

Secret Avengers #13 - So freaking good and such a shame it's getting canceled. Kot better get a chance to do another book like this after Secret Wars.

Batman #39 - Quite the set up to #40. The four Endgame one shots are out starting next week so I'm curious to see what happens.

nzbZPob.jpg

Oh nextwave, i'd forgotten how good you are to me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Batman was great. That team is killing it. Always a good read and the art is fantastic as usual. B&R is also consistently good too.

Owzers

I'm thinking about trade-waiting Manhattan Project mini arcs. I sold my floppies of the main series and am debating whether or not i want the Deluxe Hardcovers, and if i do i might as well stop buying floppies for the series and go that route in full, while also helping Kipp kill the industry.

Are they doing the whole series like that? I know in the past they released the first volumes of Bleach and Naruto in hardcover, but that was it.

IIRC they're just the JoJonium volumes that came out in Japan, so I'd assume it's the whole series but I could be wrong.

At the very least, I think all of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are being released in hardcover

I know, #notcomics, but did any mangadudes buy the hardcover release for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure today? Shit is nice.
Of course I did. Superb release.

And on the subject of covers, I love the quality Valiant is using for The Valiant and Divinity. It enhances the reading experience so much...

styl3s

I own the Absolute New Frontier, and wasn't interested in the Deluxe... until just now. And now I'm kicking myself, because I saw it for 60% off on IST a week ago. :(

Instocktrades.com. They're fantastic. Bit slow on the shipping side, but great prices and they package things very well.

I'd like to read that post.
Wow it has some REALLY good prices on a lot of trades i am in the market for and 4 omnibus books i have been in the market for. Also, why did they rename cable and deadpool, deadpool and cable on the Omnibus? I mean, i have been out of the comic game for some time but when i was reading it monthly it was Cable and Deadpool, right? Am i going crazy? Did they rename because Deadpool is super hot?

ElNarez

Banned
IIRC they're just the JoJonium volumes that came out in Japan, so I'd assume it's the whole series but I could be wrong.

At the very least, I think all of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are being released in hardcover

iirc Jojonium only covers the first three parts, last volume's coming out in March in Japan, it's got a ridiculous Dio on the cover

jojo is fucking great

ElNarez

Banned
y'all are making no sense

today's a Gillen-McKelvie party comic day

they did a new party comic

it's their greatest party comic ever they went ham on the party comic

do y'all hate comics OR parties? how is the party comic not the best comic this week?

Top Bottom