• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I like Joe Mad's art but I've never read any Battle Chasers. Does it still hold up?
Red Monika's breasts were ridiculous even back then, but aside from that I'd say it holds up well. The art is Mad in his prime and the story was fun to follow. It's an entertaining fantasy comic with cool concepts. The lore was neat too, but it stopped being released right when things were starting to kick into gear.

Mudcrab

Is Rogue also not a mutant? Is she being hidden so the experiments can continue? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Remender is being weird. Wyndham is literally dissecting Sabretooth, doesn't know what he is and still the scientist says there are no mutants.

Yup, the twins aren't mutants anymore, either. Though this other panel caught my curiosity.

Is Rogue also not a mutant? Is she being hidden so the experiments can continue? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There never were mutants. They were always Inhumans... Shamalamalan.gif

Looks good! I'm interested to see how Lemire does his tale.

Also, is this cover by Aja? Or just awfully aping his style?

HAWKEYE2015001-DC41-0fa85.jpg

Red Monika's breasts were ridiculous even back then, but aside from that I'd say it holds up well. The art is Mad in his prime and the story was fun to follow. It's an entertaining fantasy comic with cool concepts. The lore was neat too, but it stopped being released right when things were starting to kick into gear.
Ah okay, I may give it a shot next week or something. I see there's a collection for it on Comixology.
Remender is being weird. Wyndham is literally dissecting Sabretooth, doesn't know what he is and still the scientist says there are no mutants.
It seems very obvious that the scientist is keeping Rogue a secret. Like, he talks about how "mutants are the key" to her... In the first issue.

Mudcrab

It seems very obvious that the scientist is keeping Rogue a secret. Like, he talks about how "mutants are the key" to her... In the first issue.

I get that part, but what I'm confused about is that it seems High Evolutionary doesn't know what Sabretooth is unless I read that part wrong.

I get that part, but what I'm confused about is that it seems High Evolutionary doesn't know what Sabretooth is unless I read that part wrong.

I just assumed he was referring to his healing and tracking abilities since that what the scientist was talking about. It would make zero sense for him to not know what a mutant is.

oh my god sorrentino

dude has elevated his game in all new x-men

sure, it was fun seeing him draw arrows and whatever but holy shit

him on that cosmic stuff is next level

Ugh I was getting read to stop reading this book because the crossovers/events aren't really grabbing me conceptually. But yeah sorrentino's art might be too good to pass up

Still need to read Deadly Class and Multiversity for the month, trying to choose my choices for book of the month is gonna be harder than I thought.

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy shit, so Joe Mad is actually gonna make a new Battle Chasers comic AND the game?

This is like the Half Life 3 of the comic book world, but its actually happening, holy shit

Spoiler for you non readers of Catwoman.
Selina, worn down by the world of men, Kissed a girl and she liked it! Looks like they are going to explore Selina as bi-sexual.

Also, Spider Gwen did nothing for me or my wife. I know it's a cool costume and has great art and a fan favorite character but the writing wasn't there.

Afrodium

Banned
X-Men by Chris Claremont - You know, I'm not usually into the 60s/70s writing styles such as this, but I can stomach classic Doctor Strange and fall in love with Howard the Duck, surely classic X-Men shouldn't be too much. I was able to stomach it up to roughly issue 107 and then one issue just randomly started with the X-Men in space and didn't even contain a flashback, just exposition, and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I couldn't imagine myself reading enough more of that writing style to get to the Dark Phoenix saga, let alone the decade afterwards. It's a shame, too, I find myself enjoying Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus, but I'll probably look into a later run like Morrison's or Whedon's to really get into the X-Men.

I started reading Claremont's run a month or so ago and I agree that it's a slog at the beginning but it does start getting good around 1979. You'll probably want to read the early space story though as that's where Phoenix comes from. Once you read the early Phoenix stuff you can probably skip right to Proteus (#125) and be okay. Professor X is chilling with his space girlfriend and half of the X-Men thinks the other half is dead (and vice versa), and that's about all you need to know.

I will say though that after the second Magneto story is where it starts to pick up, so if you just keep trucking then you'll be good to go. Also, I've found that it doesn't lend too well to binge reading. I've mainly used it as a palate cleanser between other books.

Top Bottom