• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

PsychBat!

Banned
cyGH3Xr.png

Credit goes to Edgar.

zeeaykay

Going to ask for a drive-by recommendation here, thread moves too fast to keep up.

After reading Criminal (and currently The Fade Out and Velvet), which Brubaker collection should I get next?

Incognito

Or

Sleeper

arkon

Going to ask for a drive-by recommendation here, thread moves too fast to keep up.

After reading Criminal (and currently The Fade Out and Velvet), which Brubaker collection should I get next?

Incognito

Or

Sleeper

Not heard many good things being said about Incognito. Sleeper on the other hand seems to get strong recommendations all over the place. If I were to choose that's what I'd go for.

Disclaimer: as evident I've not read either so just going by the general feelings I've picked up on both books, which may be totally divorced from reality.

^

Most of the regulars here know I hate events and everything they stand for, but I am beyond sold on every Battleworld book and Secret Wars in general.

yep it's probably gonna be like $200 msrp but that companion omnibus is gonna be mine

it's a brand new era for marvel, gotta have it in my collection

Messi

This never would have happened under Ann Nocenti.

I don't read spoilers or links about books I have yet to read. But seems this revelation has been thrown into my face.

Boogiepop

You guys reminded me: I watched the first like 10-15 minutes of Captain America and Iron Man: Heroes United or whatever it was called on Netflix with a friend last night. It was of pretty damn poor quality and we didn't feel the need to watch anymore. Like, the mouths had 2-3 frames of animation despite it being 3D, and dudes were just sliding across the floor to save what little animation budget they must've gotten for it. It was also some kind of weird thing where it definitely wanted to be in continuity with the MCU, but it failed to do that completely. Just a weird, crappy little thing, and I don't feel I missed much by not watching the rest of it.

So it has been a day, am I the only one that read Catwoman? Here is an interview about the issue.

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-genevieve-valentine-opens-up-on-catwoman/

Spoiler for you non readers of Catwoman.
Selina, worn down by the world of men, Kissed a girl and she liked it! Looks like they are going to explore Selina as bi-sexual.

Also, Spider Gwen did nothing for me or my wife. I know it's a cool costume and has great art and a fan favorite character but the writing wasn't there.

Yeah

Messi

Not saying it's right or wrong just saying why your post was probably skipped.

As I said earlier, I don't think very many people read/keep current with Catwoman. It doesn't get discussed monthly when it comes out. Its just kind of there.

In my broke dude calculations I figured a trade of deadly class' 6 issues for 12 was a better buy than spider Gwen for 5 bucks

Was it a good decision? I just heard a lot of good things about it

Messi

In my broke dude calculations I figured a trade of deadly class' 6 issues for 12 was a better buy than spider Gwen for 5 bucks

Was it a good decision? I just heard a lot of good things about it

Absolutely. Deadly Class is fantastic. You can just trade wait Spider-Gwen.

Owzers

Reading Unwritten vol 8, Catwoman isn't kissing anyone in here so i'm not that interested, and I think the story is dragging. As soon as the book became
whale focused
it started losing me.

Top Bottom