• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

Zenescope is a fine publisher of comics that is fucked by it's earlier reputation.

There is some really good work coming out of there right now and folks aren't reading it because of the fucking covers & I talk to some of the writers and they feel the same way.

I like Wonderland.

Isak_Borg

I like Wonderland.

Check out the new Robyn Hood series.

Pat Shand is a friend and like an amazing dude trying to take it out of the gutter. Most of the writers who were doing all that stupid shit are fucking gone.

I'm not a Zenescope fan or an Avatar fan but like sometimes good work comes out of there...

Messi

Check out the new Robyn Hood series.

Pat Shand is a friend and like an amazing dude trying to take it out of the gutter. Most of the writers who were doing all that stupid shit are fucking gone.

I'm not a Zenescope fan or an Avatar fan but like sometimes good work comes out of there...

Will do, thanks for the rec.

Its sad that they are saddled by the past work of the company. But if they can put out new and consistent books they should be able to pull away from it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Something I've been meaning to ask. Why is Gladiator emperor these days, is Lilandra dead?

Something I've been meaning to ask. Why is Gladiator emperor these days, is Lilandra dead?

You gotta read dat cosmic shit, yo. War of Kings was quite good. Realm of Kings less so, but still decent.

If you haven't read Planet Hulk, read that too because it's rad. And then read Son of Hulk.

tim1138

Haha--fucking B'Wana, man. Dude is so awesome.

Kind of unrelated, I'm going through my Absolute Batman and Robin (before I hit my Animal Man omnibus again), and man, I forgot how dope that second issue with Dick and Damian vs. the circus freaks is. I know ViewtifulJC did a great analysis of the triplets fight, but the entire thing is pretty stunning.

Man I miss Dick n Damian so much. I hope Tomasi addresses the whole Dick being "dead" thing so we can get Damian's reaction to it (and with Damian inevitably figuring out it's a ruse and showing up at Spyral).

Isak_Borg

Man I miss Dick n Damian so much. I hope Tomasi addresses the whole Dick being "dead" thing so we can get Damian's reaction to it (and with Damian inevitably figuring out it's a ruse and showing up at Spyral).

I've actually been waiting for that.

Not a fan of the last issue but Tomasi has been killing it like I kill my...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Damian appearing in Grayson would be excellent--fuck! I was thinking, while reading the last issue with Damian and
Aquaman
, that it would be great if Tomasi and Gleason did [Character] & Robin issues. Same way they had a rotating cast after Damian's death, you have those characters deal with a newly returned Damian.

Oh, also, they gotta have Carrie Kelly and Damian reunite.

Maybe, I might have mentioned the thing no one wanted is going to happen and it's going to be hilarious.

I think most of what I say here has been proven without a doubt to be solid.

Unfortunately in that "most" oasis is all your dark horse rumors that have never come to pass and also all I care about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As usual with events, I gots questions!

Why does spider woman seem to hate Skrulls? This one was trying to save her life and she wasn't having none of it

(I'm reading Infinity btw)

people like you are the reason why shulkie got canceled :(

MU subscribers?

Isak_Borg

Why does spider woman seem to hate Skrulls? This one was trying to save her life and she wasn't having none of it

During Secret Invasion Skrull Queen took over her identity and fucked everything up.

Spoilers for Secret Invasion (2008): Spider-Woman
was abducted and replaced by a Skrull imposter who infiltrated the Avengers posing as her. Understandably, she's still upset about it.

Messi

Damian appearing in Grayson would be excellent--fuck! I was thinking, while reading the last issue with Damian and
Aquaman
, that it would be great if Tomasi and Gleason did [Character] & Robin issues. Same way they had a rotating cast after Damian's death, you have those characters deal with a newly returned Damian.

Oh, also, they gotta have Carrie Kelly and Damian reunite.

I need Carrie to meet up with Damian again. Those scenes after he died hurt me.

pulga

Banned
oh man oh man I can't wait for Spider-Gwen to drop!
4TfeeGW.png

Rhaknar

Reading a Thunderbolts Infinity tie-in, with Red Hulk, Deadpool, Punisher, Elektra, Agent Venom :eek:

And they all have matching red costumes, even venom (which makes no sense lol).

And Deadpool is actually pretty funny in it.

Another book to add is where I'm going with this :p

PsychBat!

Banned
Reading a Thunderbolts Infinity tie-in, with Red Hulk, Deadpool, Punisher, Elektra, Agent Venom :eek:

And they all have matching red costumes, even venom (which makes no sense lol).

And Deadpool is actually pretty funny in it.

Another book to add is where I'm going with this :p

Pretty sure not many people liked that book. I've never read it myself but I heard it was crap.

Rhaknar

New Thunderbolts is bad, don't read it

Quality is not one of the reasons I look for when reading comics. It's one of the reasons I'll enjoy it or not, sure, but not an impediment to reading it. Especially when quality is entirely subjective as are tastes :)

Rhaknar

If you give a coke to Uatu, could he drink it? Or would that be interfering since that coke could have been drunk by someone else?

That's the type of shit I think about when reading comics :(

Well that and lewd stuff...

Top Bottom