• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Dunbar

I don't think they do any kind of good job letting people know what Zero is actually about. Most Image books have some kind of hook you can explain in a sentence or two, and once I tell people "Imagine if the Bourne movies with Matt Damon were a comic book," people are at least a little interested in checking it out.

The third trade comes out in a few weeks, so maybe if we all buy that, it will help... sigh.

Sadly Zero's sales numbers didn't even phase me. Honestly, I would have been more surprised if it was selling higher than 5k. I've never seen anyone talk about it outside of here, and even then there's only like five of us that read it and discuss it.

I've been wanting to read it but the first trade actually went out of print. Theres going to be a second printing which Im waiting for

Messi

Might be getting laid off tomorrow after 9 years in my current job. Keep me in your thoughts m8's. I might be losing baller/comic status very soon.

fuck

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Might be getting laid off tomorrow after 9 years in my current job. Keep me in your thoughts m8's. I might be losing baller/comic status very soon.

fuck

giphy.gif

Ugh. My job went through a management change / takeover a month and half ago and I feared the same. Good luck dude :/

fuck

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear that bro. Cutbacks in the company?

Did it? Amazon still has it and I know my LCS does too.
I cant believe I didnt even check Amazon :lol I only look for stuff on IST now. Amazon is better for Manga tho...

I know for sure its going for a 2nd printing. I saw that on Kot's tumblr.

Zombine

Banned
Fairly sure the store is closing down. Granted I could be totally wrong, but they called a meeting of all staff and we never have meetings. Plus sales tanked recently.

How do you feel about taking out the garbage? What about dirty laundry and organizing it in different places?

Vyer

Fairly sure the store is closing down. Granted I could be totally wrong, but they called a meeting of all staff and we never have meetings. Plus sales tanked recently.

Damn Messi. Sorry to hear man, hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Do you mind saying what store? (If it's a chain)

Speaking of Zero, Kot mentioned in his tumblr the next round of artist for issues 15-18

Ian Bertram
Stathis Tsemberlidis
Robert Sammelin
Tula Lotay

I am looking forward to these upcoming issues.

If Kot could recruit some big name artist, I wonder if it would help sales.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Dat Ant-Man debut...think that book might survive 15 issues

Squirrel Girl tho...goddamn ya'll mothafuckas don't do this pls

Squirrel Girl is the shit. Tippy's Iron Man outfit had me dying.
Speaking of Zero, Kot mentioned in his tumblr the next round of artist for issues 15-18

Ian Bertram
Stathis Tsemberlidis
Robert Sammelin
Tula Lotay

Fuck big names, these dudes got big talent.

Ian Bertram
Stathis Tsemberlidis
Robert Sammelin
Tula Lotay

can he even afford those last two?

Squirrel Girl is the shit. Tippy's Iron Man outfit had me dying.

I just know by #2 sales they gon drop by like half, which is aight when you debut like Ant-Man, but Squirrel Girl...

pls comic fans

Sorry to hear it. Maybe you can get a more baller job if you lose your current one.

On the bright side, Barca is looking better and Real Madrid got punked pretty bad

BUY SQUIRREL GIRL PLS

But tbh I knew it wasn't long for this world from the get go. Gonna have to just enjoy the ride I guess
Shiiiii, that sucks man. Hope you land on your feet ok

Drinking Buddies and it also has anna kendrick and jake johnson, Olivia is adorable in it and it makes me want to drink more beer, but to be fair she hasn't had the best movie career. Her tv stuff is much better. She is generally really good in stuff but she isn't in the best movies. She is bit parts in bigger movies like Rush and Her. Tron not hitting it big pretty much killed that end of her career.

It still hurts me that she turned down playing Gamora.

Alpha dog is great though, and she is topless in it. But again she has a fairly small part in the movie.
I think that's on my Netflix queue, idk but I've wondered if that was any good for a lil bit now. Thx m8, I'll give it a look~

Vyer

That disparity between #1 and #2 is interesting. Variants aside, those types of numbers mean a large, different audience coming from somewhere. Is it all boiled down to just the fact that it's Star Wars? Surely speculators can't possibly be making the same mistakes they made decades ago?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Zero numbers burn my soul.

Jesus FUCK didn't look at this shit. Stray Bullets sells more than that.

Don't you gotta be above 6,000 to be profitable?

Ales Kot bout to find a new career fam...man comic sales are like comic threads in OT, don't click if you like being happy

The book was optioned and he was being paid to write the adaptation, so that contributes too...

Sales are depressing. I only read 4 monthlies from that top 100. Then like 17 between 101-300. Of course, I tradewait, so many would say I'm a problem.

That disparity between #1 and #2 is interesting. Variants aside, those types of numbers mean a large, different audience coming from somewhere. Is it all boiled down to just the fact that it's Star Wars? Surely speculators can't possibly be making the same mistakes they made decades ago?

Star Wars 1 was in a loot crate. Accounted for a good chuck of sales.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy crap X-Force #8 was fucking awesome. This new volume is really good, it shits all over the previous one. It has this funky militarized vibe to it and the shit the characters are going through in it are fucked up. If you're sleeping on it because the one after Remender wasn't good, check it out on MU or trade or something. Good stuff.

Edit: oh and Rock-He Kim's art is still amazing

Owzers

I enjoyed....Dark Knight Strikes Again....it was kinda ugly and weird and i don't like
Robin being in there at the end? And he caught his head!?
but it was just bizarre enough to keep me interested in a DC book. Random 7ish/10.

Did anyone give a crap about that George A. Romero comic?
You sure it's not just a thing that he's "co-writing"
read: slapping his name on for that sales boost/an unused script he had lying around
because there are a few of those

Also no, no one did

Holy crap X-Force #8 was fucking awesome. This new volume is really good, it shits all over the previous one. It has this funky militarized vibe to it and the shit the characters are going through in it are fucked up. If you're sleeping on it because the one after Remender wasn't good, check it out on MU or trade or something. Good stuff.

Edit: oh and Rock-He Kim's art is still amazing

Picked this up online last week after the recommendation from Comics Alliance. Hope it's good.

Copra Round one pic

Oh good everybody's reading good comics again.

Top Bottom