• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Boogiepop

So, not like I didn't expect it, but I read the first trade of Ms Marvel last night and loved it. Second trade needs to hurry up and come out! Just a bit of a shame that they didn't go full on Static Shock and have that Inhuman bomb give a ton of other teenagers in the area powers, but oh well.

Tried Scribd. Dece selection but I just can't bring myself to read comics without a Fixed Width or panel zoom option.

Comics deserve that much at least.

Deleted.

Zombine

Banned
I've never watched the original Star Wars trilogy either. Don't really have an interest in them.

Might be more of an American thing. I can't say I know another Mexican who is a fan of Star Wars

Mexico is Dragon Ball Z territory. Who cares about the force when you can go SSJ?

wtf lol

cmx is selling one of those gigantic original art sized editions, but digitally.

at full price.

dynamite what are you doing lol

Are you digital only or do you do hardcovers? I don't think I could go 100% just for that reason.

...Unless Amazon releases an IDW Artists edition Kindle Fire.

Just legacy.

Olivia-Wilde-Feeling-Awkward-At-The-Dinner-Table-In-Tron.gif

Are you digital only or do you do hardcovers? I don't think I could go %100 just for that reason.

...Unless Amazon releases an IDW Artists edition Kindle Fire.

If there's an incredible OHC (Fear Agent) I'll get it, but more and more I CBA with any hardcovers or print whatsoever. But it's not 100%.

But I'd certainly never get an Art Edition digitally for a hundred fifty damn dollars lofl

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Batman Eternal Spoilers:

THATS THE BIG PAYOFF. YOU ARE KIDDING ME. AN ENTIRE YEAR AND THE BAD GUY IS AL GHUL.

There better be a swerve. I've put up with your unevenly paced story. I've kept up with plot threads you dropped for half a year only to focus on the last two weeks. Stupid ghosts getting punched by Batwing.

I've even kind of enjoyed the ride for what it is...

but if this is the payoff I am going to be mad.

Everyone assumed this was the bad guy from week 1. The fact that Batman didn't manage to figure out who the damned badguy was is even worse. Someone is pulling all of the strings in Gotham to set batman up for the fall.

Of course is Ra's. Of course it is. And the world's greatest detective can't figure it out?

The fact that it briefly looked like it was Falcone, and then Hush made it slightly interesting. Then we thought it was Bard, which was mostly stupid, but a thing.

This is possibly the worst payoff to a weekly since.. Trinity?

Amish, Irish, same difference.

It's truer than you think. I'm the only one in my family except my sister who watches movies at all, and she only goes to take her kids.

Gonna do a Rhaknar style reading of the Valiant Universe thanks to this Scribd stuff.

You're in for a treat.

Such a classic run, can't wait for the omnibus. It's like the ultimate run of comics from my younger years.

That and the Annihilation Conquest omnis in the next few months...oh baby.

I'm getting that Busiek/Perez omnibus. I got rid of my single issues except for JLA/Avengers awhile back, and I only have Ultron Unlimited from the trades, so I gots to get this.

Eh, I love Star Wars but it's never good to try and force someone to watch something they don't want to. He's probably more inclined to have a greater disdain toward the series if you try that. It's like a father trying to force his fat son to play sports or ride a bike.

Also, I've been loving the new Star Wars books but sales don't equal quality.

That's a very apt analogy.

Just legacy.

Ah here now.

Batman Eternal Spoilers:
That's a big reason why I dropped it like halfway through or so. I thought the book was okay but I knew the ending wasn't gonna live up to the hype. Kinda glad I bailed even if I missed things like an issue drawn by Quinones.

Have we talked about how our bud Kipp is good people?

Kipp, you're good people.

Sucks that other people aren't sometimes. :(
Man, I could say something snarky but I'm not gonna bother. Kipp you're a good ass dude and it legit breaks my heart to see someone take advantage of you like that. I know you're smart and you wouldn't loan out any money that would really matter to you but that's just a shitty situation. It pisses me off that we have people on here who would do that to others. I really hope it works out for you in the end.

Sou Da

Oh shit, this ended today? What happened?

Peter Porker gets naked.
Mayday does nothing but be angry.
O̶t̶t̶o̶ Slottman kills Master Weaver. Without him, they can't go to other worlds.
Somehow the portal works but they don't really seem to explain who is controlling it, but the bad guys can't anymore.
Morlun gets stranded on radiation world.
Everyone congratulates each other.
Peter and Silk continue to be awful together.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Have we talked about how our bud Kipp is good people?

Kipp, you're good people.

Sucks that other people aren't sometimes. :(

Spend $200 on disappearing niggas but won't spend $200 on starving comic creators

Kipp truly the best/worst/
best
poster on GAF

You're a good guy, Kipp. The temptation to take advantage is too much for others sometimes.

Aww. Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Man, I could say something snarky but I'm not gonna bother. Kipp you're a good ass dude and it legit breaks my heart to see someone take advantage of you like that. I know you're smart and you wouldn't loan out any money that would really matter to you but that's just a shitty situation. It pisses me off that we have people on here who would do that to others. I really hope it works out for you in the end.

It's no biggie. No need to get upset on my behalf.
The important thing is that I've learned my lesson. Hopefully. Haha

E the Shaggy

Peter Porker gets naked.
O̶t̶t̶o̶ Slottman kills Master Weaver. Without him, they can't go to other worlds.
Somehow the portal works but they don't really seem to explain who is controlling it, but the bad guys can't anymore.

Sounds like standard Slott fare. What part would I have not seen coming?

Peter Porker gets naked.

lol holy shit

this is like explaining why oceans eleven rules by saying

clooney gathers a bunch of crooks together
after some setbacks they pull of a kick ass heist

good lord, people, don't read these
they are the antithesis of fun comics

if this is what you want just read wikipedia entries and save yourself the trouble of gorgeous art and delightful dialogue

Sou Da

lol holy shit

this is like explaining why oceans eleven rules by saying

clooney gathers a bunch of crooks together
after some setbacks they pull of a kick ass heist

good lord, people, don't read these
they are the antithesis of fun comics

if this is what you want just read wikipedia entries and save yourself the trouble of gorgeous art and delightful dialogue

That's Spider-Verse. Besides these are brief enough to not ruin the book for anyone buying it today.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Batman Eternal Spoilers:

THATS THE BIG PAYOFF. YOU ARE KIDDING ME. AN ENTIRE YEAR AND THE BAD GUY IS AL GHUL.

There better be a swerve. I've put up with your unevenly paced story. I've kept up with plot threads you dropped for half a year only to focus on the last two weeks. Stupid ghosts getting punched by Batwing.

I've even kind of enjoyed the ride for what it is...

but if this is the payoff I am going to be mad.

Everyone assumed this was the bad guy from week 1. The fact that Batman didn't manage to figure out who the damned badguy was is even worse. Someone is pulling all of the strings in Gotham to set batman up for the fall.

Of course is Ra's. Of course it is. And the world's greatest detective can't figure it out?

The fact that it briefly looked like it was Falcone, and then Hush made it slightly interesting. Then we thought it was Bard, which was mostly stupid, but a thing.

This is possibly the worst payoff to a weekly since.. Trinity?
Yeah but yo, Eternal Season 2 is going to blow your socks off and you'll never guess who is destroying the city this time, and just give DC your lunchmoney already.

That's Spider-Verse. Besides these are brief enough to not ruin the book for anyone buying it today.

lol whatever man
i'm just saying that is the least fun way to experience this comic.

why would you do that to people? don't let a kid touch a hot stove even if they want to! it's bad for them

lol

;D

Top Bottom