• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Also, while I think using spoiler tags is ideal for the first day or so - if somebody failing to do so gets you that freaked out, it's really not that unreasonable to suggest that maybe you stay out of the thread until you're caught up with the new comics?

Also, while I think using spoiler tags is ideal for the first day or so - if somebody failing to do so gets you that freaked out, it's really not that unreasonable to suggest that maybe you stay out of the thread until you're caught up with the new comics?

Some people get comics weekly, some monthly. You can't assume everyone will have read them by the end of the day. Nor should they have to avoid the thread for a month.

Acid08

Banned

Or maybe just use spoiler tags when discussing brand new books, it's not that hard.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just finished Superior Spider-man #1,
so glad Slott isn't completely off his rocker with killing Peter. After what Marvel did in the Ultimate universe, I was worried. Maybe we'll even see Peter pull a "Ghost", Swayze style, with MJ.

I'm just surprised they did this in the FIRST ISSUE. Just...LOL.

Owzers

Some people get comics weekly, some monthly. You can't assume everyone will have read them by the end of the day. Nor should they have to avoid the thread for a month.

thisssssssssss. I get them monthly, and though i don't think the world revolves around me however awesome it would be if it did, that doesn't mean people should spoil books left and right. If you want to have a thread about Spider-Man shenanigans spoiling everything, then you guys can do that.

FoneBone

Waiting a full month for unspoilered discussion is not exactly a great middle ground.

Of course, I recognize that this is tricky - it's not like a TV series thread, where there's just one "thing" to catch up with.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't come at me like that son, my internet gangsta is on high alert and ready to blow up. Fill in artist or not, as a Graphic Designer, it reminds me of of all those 500,000 CLIP ART!!! Collections we had to use as interns.

http://www.arts-letters.com/classic/images/people_1.gif[IMG]

Bachalo and Ramos suck doe right? Outta here with that.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that art that you posted is good. I'm saying you're being a dipshit by agreeing that Hawkeye art isn't good but then posting art from a future one off issue with a guest artist that I've never even heard of. If you're going to talk shit about Hawkeye art at least be a man and post some of Aja's shit, or hell even Pulido's stuff was better than that fill in.

Fantomex

Aja is too weird on Hawkeye for me. I'll just leave it that. The covers are cool.

Regarding spoilers, yes it's a great idea to expect everyone to spoiler tags for at least a day but it really should be a week. People have different schedules and some of us have that period in the month were we can't afford it until the next paycheck.

Me personally though, If I get spoiled whatever. If it's really important to me wether it's a movie or a comic book, I tend to not even visit the thread if I'm worried about getting spoiled. I used this judgement on the Dark Knight Rises, Avengers and Django threads. Or I read very very slowly on here. I mean that jerk Viewtiful told me about UXF
Fantomex was gonna die in UXF #30 before I got back into comics.
Man that guy is a jerk amirite? hehe

Got caught up on Saga and Locke & Key Omega. So good. Saga finally took off for me in issue 7, and I'm glad Rufus is getting some page time in L&K finally.

Started reading Hawkeye too, good stuff. Clint kinda reminds me of Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aja is too weird on Hawkeye for me. I'll just leave it that. The covers are cool.

It's cool bro. I'm sure I've got no friends here with all the stupid opinions I have on practically everything so I won't judge you for thinking ill of what I consider a perfect artist. Anybody catch the letters page at the end of Iron Man 5? Some motherfucker called Greg Land his #1 artist. I nearly cried tears of sadness, like for real. If that guy's wack opinions are allowed to exist unchecked in the world it's kind of hard to persecute anybody for liking anything.

Fantomex

I'm not saying that art that you posted is good. I'm saying you're being a dipshit by agreeing that Hawkeye art isn't good but then posting art from a future one off issue with a guest artist that I've never even heard of. If you're going to talk shit about Hawkeye art at least be a man and post some of Aja's shit, or hell even Pulido's stuff was better than that fill in.

Ok. See this right here,
2578768-hawkeye2.jpg

If folks like it, I understand. All good. But me personally, I think it sucks. Dick Tracy artwork was cool in the 50's. We can all agree that art is subjective just like Music or Film.

And being that we are not in a Community thread, i think even silly off the cuff insults like me being a dipshit don't really have place in this thread. We're all just chilling and discussing comics. And you know I love you anyways.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm rather enjoying X-Men Legacy, it's kind of novel that he has a fairly realistic Scottish voice and mannerisms.

Star Wars was OK, not sure if I really need that itch scratched nowadays.

Still kind of baffled by Action.

People getting down on Aja's art?

Makes me sad but I can see if you find his clean and simple style boring, then it can be kinda dull.

I prefer it being as it is because it doesn't detract as when I read. I hate panels that are super busy and/or are overly colorful. Understated color palette + Aja's style = me a happy camper.

Ok. See this right here,
2578768-hawkeye2.jpg

If folks like it, I understand. All good. But me personally, I think it sucks. Dick Tracy artwork was cool in the 50's. We can all agree that art is subjective just like Music or Film.

And being that we are not in a Community thread, i think even silly off the cuff insults like me being a dipshit don't really have place in this thread. We're all just chilling and discussing comics.

While I agree, no one should be called dipshit, those panels are gorgeous.

Acid08

Banned
I'm rather enjoying X-Men Legacy, it's kind of novel that he has a fairly realistic Scottish voice and mannerisms.

Star Wars was OK, not sure if I really need that itch scratched nowadays.

Still kind of baffled by Action.

Pretty excited to not have to buy it anymore after next month.

We'll always have issue 13 though.

People getting down on Aja's art?

Makes me sad but I can see if you find his clean and simple style boring, then it can be kinda dull.

I prefer it being as it is because it doesn't detract as when I read. I hate panels that are super busy and/or are overly colorful. Understated color palette + Aja's style = me a happy camper.
I dig Aja's work too. What you described is what Fiona Staples expressed as the reasoning behind her similarly reductive style, it just flows better and doesn't interfere with the pacing of the story as your eye gets drawn to and lingers on these super detailed panels

Acid08

Banned
Ok. See this right here,
2578768-hawkeye2.jpg

And being that we are not in a Community thread, i think even silly off the cuff insults like me being a dipshit don't really have place in this thread. We're all just chilling and discussing comics. And you know I love you anyways.

50's art?

hawkeye-car-crash-fraction-aja.jpg

hawkeye1.jpg

ya okay bro

Vio-Lence

Banned

Don't worry brah, some ppl like lumpy mashed potato faced frank quitely. different strokes.

I dig Aja's work too. What you described is what Fiona Staples expressed as the reasoning behind her similarly reductive style, it just flows better and doesn't interfere with the pacing of the story as your eye gets drawn to and lingers on these super detailed panels

Cool and I agree with her statement. For me, I love visuals that work and flow with my narrative versus hyperactive/overly colored panels that tries to cover up poor narrative. I mean, I love my cape books (both Avengers & AXM are in my current pull list) but Hickman's style works with Opena's art and Bendis' current narrative is keeping me engaged while the art is complimentary.

At the same time, visually, Hawkguy is totally a breath of fresh air just like IIF was.

Fantomex

50's art?

hawkeye-car-crash-fraction-aja.jpg

hawkeye1.jpg

ya okay bro

Clipped from a 50s comic strip and inserted as a panel. The 50's. As Common once rapped "If I don't like it, I don't like it, doesn't mean that I'm hatin' "

This comic deserves the praise I'ts getting. I just don't like the art, but I completely understand the art works for it and what the book is trying to convey. That's all ;)

LiQuid!

Ok. See this right here,
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38862/2578768-hawkeye2.jpg[IMG]

And being that we are not in a Community thread, i think even silly off the cuff insults like me being a dipshit don't really have place in this thread. We're all just chilling and discussing comics. And you know I love you anyways.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't think you're a dipshit. It was just a dipshitty thing to do. If I cited that old Sandman page from before as a reason I don't like current Bachalo that would be dipshitty of me and wouldn't take it personally if someone said I was a dipshit.

Long story short, no hard feelings and I think we should hug it out.

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrs84blxVU1qiyqyfo1_400.gif

Fantomex

Sorry I don't think you're a dipshit. It was just a dipshitty thing to do. If I cited that old Sandman page from before as a reason I don't like current Bachalo that would be dipshitty of me and wouldn't take it personally if someone said I was a dipshit.

Long story short, no hard feelings and I think we should hug it out.

tumblr_lrs84blxVU1qiyqyfo1_400.gif

Yeah man sniff sniff. But I think we can all agree that Viewtiful is still a jerk though. JK

Acid08

Banned
The new one that just came out? The dudes are doing a signing by my house this week.

Get yourself a Brian Wood sig! I really don't know if I want that SW comic. On the one hand I'm a fucking stupidly huge SW fan but I really don't think I want some weird side stories in the middle of episodes four and five.

*sigh* I'll probably buy it anyway. It's the last Dark Horse SW series after all.

LiQuid!

I wouldn't get heavily invested in a Dark Horse Star Wars comic anyways since they're just going to end up losing the license.

Clipped from a 50s comic strip and inserted as a panel. The 50's. As Common once rapped "If I don't like it, I don't like it, doesn't mean that I'm hatin' "

This comic deserves the praise I'ts getting. I just don't like the art, but I completely understand the art works for it and what the book is trying to convey. That's all ;)

Really like that line and its fucking truth 6th sense right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom