• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Bought purple chucks to pair them with purple tees so I can pretend I'm Hawkguy, I feel 12.

Lol, I ve been asking about Collider any chance and any place I get and all it is is silence. Don't think it's coming.

AFAIK, all the currently-confirmed upcoming Vertigo books are either fairly safe bets due to the properties involved (Millennium Trilogy, Sandman) or by creators who are doing a large number of work-for-hire projects at DC (The Wake, Trillium). I don't think that's a coincidence.

Acid08

Banned
Bought purple chucks to pair them with purple tees so I can pretend I'm Hawkguy, I feel 12.
Hey guy I got some purple chucks too! Couldn't find the Aquamang chucks in 12.5 so that was the next best thing. Still might try the size 12 Aqua's since chucks run big. But I'm size 13 normally so 12.5 would be ideal.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Lol, I ve been asking about Collider any chance and any place I get and all it is is silence. Don't think it's coming.

if it doesn't, vertigo is only going to be putting out like 3 books this year. it HAS to be coming, or DC is just getting dumber and dumber.

is good look bro

Not a cover, just a drawing Kris Anka did because he's excited for the new X-Men book:

ohh wallpaper'd. can't wait for this book.

You're awesome for spoilering everything. This thread has some pretty aggravating problems with that, better to be safe.

yes, 100%

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AFAIK, all the currently-confirmed upcoming Vertigo books are either fairly safe bets due to the properties involved (Millennium Trilogy, Sandman) or by creators who are doing a large number of work-for-hire projects at DC (The Wake, Trillium). I don't think that's a coincidence.

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about Trillium or The Wake at all. I'm not sure if I'm making this up or not, but I think The Wake was going to launch summer-ish and Trillium would be later in the fall. They were definitely not expected to be hitting early in the year.

Quake1028

So, is Wolverine & The X-Men still worth even spending $4 a month on? I have the first 11 issues but haven't given them a read just yet.

So, is Wolverine & The X-Men still worth even spending $4 a month on? I have the first 11 issues but haven't given them a read just yet.

I hate to say it, but not really. It's gotten consistently worse since the AvX crossover and this latest arc was especially dire. I still get it out of blind loyalty, but I wouldn't recommend it with no strong connection to the characters or is on a budget.

Troll

Banned

I agree with what everyone else is saying. It's just not good after AVX, I didn't even like it during the event.

Owzers

Seems like a tough crowd, i agree that it's not as good as when it used to be, AvX stuff was a little dull and took the focus off what made the book great in the first place: school shenanigans. Then the book got a little moody, haven't read the latest issue. But it's still an enjoyable read even if it's no longer one of my favorite books.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hate to say it, but not really. It's gotten consistently worse since the AvX crossover and this latest arc was especially dire. I still get it out of blind loyalty, but I wouldn't recommend it with no strong connection to the characters or is on a budget.

no, it's not - esp since you've got the issues worth reading already (1-8ish)

I agree with what everyone else is saying. It's just not good after AVX, I didn't even like it during the event.

Jesus christ please don't listen to any of these clueless people. WatXM is still one of the most fun books on the shelf and still the best X-Men book by far.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If this is bad comics then I'm fucking out of Comic-GAF and you haters can wallow in your own shit together without me.

N0Qnegf.jpg

IBJqMPV.jpg

arkon

Have to say I agree with the consensus on WatXM. I've not read the two most recent issues yet, but it's not been as good as it was in the opening stretch. Those first 7-8 issues were good stuff. The only "recent" issue that matches those and that comes to mind is the Doop-centric one.

The issue of WatXM after next is supposed to be a new jumping on point, I'd wait until then to see if the book regains focus before buying in. It's definitely being overshadowed at the moment.

LiQuid!

That's right, keep posting you jokers. My list grows.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the only good thing about that picture is Doop's brass knuckles.

Have to say I agree with the consensus on WatXM. I've not read the two most recent issues yet, but it's not been as good as it was in the opening stretch. Those first 7-8 issues were good stuff. The only "recent" issue that matches those and that comes to mind is the Doop-centric one.

that's true. in addition to issues 1-8, the Doop issue was also worth reading, the rest ranges from boring to terrible.

there are a bunch of better books at Marvel worth your $4 a month: Hawkeye, Thor, Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America... Young Avengers and Brian Wood's X-Men look great too.
Lovely. I just adore the X-girls in general but that cover is very adorable.

BTW, could somebody tell me what are those streaks on Hope's face? Scars? Tats? Some weird birthmarks?

isn't that how Rachael Summers always looks?

Owzers

I was a little behind on WATXM apparently, just read issue #20 and it's one of the worst issues i've read this month. And to think i just defended this book.....#21 and 22 better be good Xo

I like ANXM and WATXM about equally right now, 7/10 comics. I can't remember the last time I've read a "great" single issue of Bendis team book, so I think it's always gonna be around that level. WATXM has higher highs.

Quake1028

#25, it's a field trip to the savage land and will be introducing a host of new plot points for the coming arc.

Thanks. Think I will wait a few for that, just like I'm waiting for Death of the Family to end to jump into Batman. Is there a good jumping in point yet for ANXM or should I just bite the bullet and get all 6 issues?

lol X-Factor is awesome as usual and All New Xmen/Wolvie and the Xmen are fine.

Lovely. I just like the X-girls in general but that cover is very adorable.

BTW, could somebody tell me what are those streaks on Hope's face? Scars? Tats? Some weird birthmarks?

Edit: I mean Rachel.

They're from when she used to be forced to hunt mutants in the future she came from. They're Hound tattoos

Owzers

WATXM #21 is a lot more fun, i'm striking this up to double shipping hurting #20. Throwaway script with a random fill-in artist to waste an issue.

Acid08

Banned
Multiple Warheads and TMNT not on comiclist for this week anymore. Fucking lame.

Where does Alpha and Omega fit into WATXM?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I think WatXM has lost its way a bit, mainly due to the AvX fucking it got. I also dont like that Bendis is fucking with its status quo every other issue of ANXM and telling the tale of that school out of Aaron's hands. Hopefully the ship will right a little more when gimmick-led ANXM gives way to mainstays Uncanny and adjectiveless.

Talented ass amazing-digital-artwork-is-just-like-taking-a-leak Stjepan Sejic's graphic novel Ravine is coming out next month for a heads up to whoevers doing Feb's OT since I guess he's poured an ungodly amount of time into it to render a comic book of back to back professional fucking final polished movie-grade concept art for each and every panel:
qcPbDu9.jpg

ew3fcz9.jpg

iFfVW8a.jpg

I guess theres a story written by Ron Marz or something too, but motherfuck, the pretties...

LiQuid!

I think WatXM has lost its way a bit, mainly due to the AvX fucking it got. I also dont like that Bendis is fucking with its status quo every other issue of ANXM and telling the tale of that school out of Aaron's hands. Hopefully the ship will right a little more when gimmick-led ANXM gives way to mainstays Uncanny and adjectiveless.

Talented ass amazing-digital-artwork-is-just-like-taking-a-leak Stjepan Sejic's graphic novel Ravine is coming out next month for a heads up to whoevers doing Feb's OT since I guess he's poured an ungodly amount of time into it to render a comic book of back to back professional fucking final polished concept art for each and every panel:
qcPbDu9.jpg

ew3fcz9.jpg

iFfVW8a.jpg

I guess theres a story written by Ron Marz or something too, but motherfuck, the pretties...

All that amazing art and no style. :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Dude has plenty of style. He is a master of some killer expressions on his characters in more laid back conditions. That can be found a lot more in *ahem* his other main work which is also getting turned into a graphic novel that will no doubt turn some heads.

Dude seems to just be able to shit finished coloured comic book pages by the dozen. Its terrifying. I hate-love him.

Talented ass amazing-digork-is-just-like-taking-a-leak Stjepan Sejic's graphic novel Ravine is coming out next month for a heads up to whoevers doing Feb's OT since I guess he's poured an ungodly amount of time into it to render a comic book of back to back professional fucking final polished movie-grade concept art for each and every panel:
February's OT is already done save for the Bullhorn segment. Ravine is definitely featured. Also, I follow Stjepan on dA and he does some awesome DCU redesigns, better than anything they've got going now.

LiQuid!

Dude has plenty of style. He is a master of some killer expressions on his characters in more laid back conditions. That can be found a lot more in *ahem* his other main work which is also getting turned into a graphic novel that will no doubt turn some heads.

Dude seems to just be able to shit finished coloured comic book pages by the dozen. Its terrifying. I hate-love him.

Sorry I meant the fact that it's all boring, ugly, grey, Lord of the Rings art. No sense of style whatsoever. Real well done but I still don't find it appealing to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom