• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to sound as asshole-y as I did, I just thought it was a funny dichotomy. I think that WatXM has still been above average in the dumb comics stakes, although I hope it returns to the character based stuff that made the book great. Villains for the sake of villainy is a bit boring compared to the characters just hanging out and being who they are.

I agree with everything bolded for sure.

Acid08

Banned
AtomEve1.jpg

I've never bought any of these figure models before but hot damn, gotta get this Atom Eve.

Grzi

Gambit 1-7

It's okay, I guess. Nothing spectacular, just a relaxing adventurous romp. I was expecting something more akin to Immortal Iron Fist or Hawkeye so I'm kind of disappointed.
I don't like the change in art style though, Neves is not bad but I'm really not feeling Barrionuevo.

Quake1028

I'm getting tomorrow:

DC COMICS
Wonder Woman #15, $1.99
Wonder Woman #16, $2.99

MARVEL COMICS
Deadpool #4, $2.99
Gambit #8, $2.99
Uncanny Avengers #3, $3.99
Young Avengers #1, $2.99

Also getting caught up on Saga which means issues #4-9. Will see what you guys say about UXF, but I really don't want to take on another book. 18 is pushing it already.

Yup..think I have to drop Captain Marvel until Felipe Andrade is off the book. Holy shit I can't even follow what is happening. People barely have faces in half the panels.

Does it make it better if you pretend everyone has a micro singularity hovering inches in front of their nose?

Gambit 1-7

It's okay, I guess. Nothing spectacular, just a relaxing adventurous romp. I was expecting something more akin to Immortal Iron Fist or Hawkeye so I'm kind of disappointed.
I don't like the change in art style though, Neves is not bad but I'm really not feeling Barrionuevo.

Needs more shower scenes.

If I wanted to read Hellblazer, what would be a good run to start with? I am willing to put ~$30 towards it to jump in.

If you're not interested in reading a full run, this album right here is, in my opinion, a good way to wet your feet in the Hellblazer-universe because it's both enjoyable as a part of the Hellblazer-continuum and also as an independent volume. Even if you have no idea, what Hellblazer is about, this is an extremely easy album to read up - you pick up most of the information you need to know about the world and the characters (Well, mostly. For instance, the schism between Constantine and Chas might not be crystal clear for the uninitiated) and the story is John Constantine at his finest. Also, one of the best things Garth Ennis has written, imho.

Yup..think I have to drop Captain Marvel until Felipe Andrade is off the book. Holy shit I can't even follow what is happening. People barely have faces in half the panels. At least the next few have some nice Joe Quinones covers.

I actually started back up with the book because he took over. Really didn't like Dexter Soy.

Owzers

Amazon has Fear Agent OHC vol 2 for $28, 43% off, might as well put an order in incase an instocktrades.com 50% off hope lets me down.

I've never bought any of these figure models before but hot damn, gotta get this Atom Eve.

It's from Art FX, and it was in the most recent issue of Previews. I put my order in with my Comic guy a few weeks back. I think he said it's coming out at the end of May and it's $45.

Acid08

Banned
It's from Art FX, and it was in the most recent issue of Previews. I put my order in with my Comic guy a few weeks back. I think he said it's coming out at the end of May and it's $45.

Yeah my friend actually pointed it out to me in that Previews issue. $45 isn't a bad price.

I've wanted to play the board game for a while now. Would this be a good intro to its universe?

It's a fun romp. No prior background is needed, but there are easter eggs if you do know of the world of Golarion. There are game materials ready to play in the back of each issues for those that can use them.

If you're interested in Pathfinder, definitely grab their amazing Beginner Box. Everything you need to start playing a slightly scaled down version the full game; dice, adventures, characters, dry/wet erase maps. Could not recommend it higher. Amazon has it for dirt cheap.

tim1138

Just saw on marvel.com that all Marvel Now HC's are going to come with digital edition codes. DC and Image really need to get on board with this as well.

Owzers

Just saw on marvel.com that all Marvel Now HC's are going to come with digital edition codes. DC and Image really need to get on board with this as well.

O____________O what. I guess that would make the 24.99/5 issue pricing more acceptable?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Damn, sound like trade waiting isn't so bad anymore. Price could still be better though.

Owzers

Digital codes comes with print issues
digital codes come with hardcovers

digital issue $3.99 each.

Marvel Entertainment is pleased to announce that the first volume hardcover collections included in the Marvel NOW! initiative will now include codes for bonus digital editions of these same collections, all at no additional cost. These codes may be redeemed at Marvel.com for usage in the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices) and in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop, so fans can read their favorite Marvel NOW! stories anytime, anywhere! This unprecedented initiative begins with ALL-NEW X-MEN VOL. 1: YESTERDAY’S X-MEN PREMIERE HC, on-sale in March.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19998/digital_codes_for_marvel_now_hardcovers#ixzz2Il4W9v2B

I dislike vague PR talk.....so you're announcing the first volume comes with digital codes.......how about the second volumes?

tim1138

It's worth noting that Marvel has been experimenting with this already. All the Season One HC's come with digital codes and so did/does the Avengers vs X-Men HC.

-edit-

For those complaining about the pricing, where are you buying the HC's from? Amazon currently has vol.1 of All New X-Men up for preorder at $14.

ElNarez

Banned
Man, people rag on Moore for some of the things he says, but Morrison says some weird things in Supergods. Guy was on hella drugs.

yeah but you see Morrison is a corporate apologist and not challenging my way of thinking of the Big Publishers makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

(Because that's really why people rag on Moore. The snake god thing is just a lameass tactic to make him seem like that crazy bitter old man who hates everything, and therefore the points he brings up with the way the Big Two do business and make stories can safely be ignored. Morrison's position on most of those things are fucking weird, like throwing Siegel and Shuster under the bus in Supergods and then writing Action Comics #9, which is pretty much him saying they got screwed out of the ownership of Superman through superheroic metaphor.)

(But seriously, Morrison is a much better writer than Moore, and Flex Mentallo is a better comic about comics than Watchmen)

Troll

Banned
If you're not interested in reading a full run, this album right here is, in my opinion, a good way to wet your feet in the Hellblazer-universe because it's both enjoyable as a part of the Hellblazer-continuum and also as an independent volume. Even if you have no idea about, what Hellblazer is about, this is an extremely easy album to read up - you pick up most of the information you need to know about the world and the characters (Well, mostly. For instance, the schism between Constantine and Chas might not be crystal clear for the uninitiated) and the story is John Constantine at his finest. Also, one of the best things Garth Ennis has written, imho.

I'm not sure if I want to put the money into the full run. Maybe eventually if it's really good but for right now I'm good with a solid trade. I'll probably get that one then, it's 11 bucks on Amazon so any other trades I should pick up with it?

UNCANNY X-FORCE DAY TOMORROW

I am SO ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom