• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I take it everyone else on here is mad about Marvel trashing Richard Rider + Peter Quill?

Peter Quill is still up in the air for me. Not necessarily a fan of his new look, but the retelling of his origin in Point One wasn't bad. I have zero faith in Loeb delivering a non-offensive Nova story.

How powerful is Wonder Woman, exactly?

Shit changes with the seasons, some days she's Power Girl'/Supergirl's equivalent (pure power, she easily exceeds them in combat prowess). Other days she struggles against lesser opponents. Some days she can shrug off bullets, other days getting hit with bullets hurts her like crazy. Right now if she takes her bracelets off she has God mode, not even sure how it works or how long she has access to said mode.

Ask me who would win in a fight, WW or X and I'd respond...what timeframe are we talking about inr egards to Wonder Woman.

ReiGun

I mean, JL 16
had Supes, Wondy, and Aquabro job to a lightning bolt (tho it may have been magic or something)
, so who know powerful anyone is any more. (besides, "as powerful as the story needs them to be.")

Nova and Star-Lord.

Also on a different topic, apparently the word out right now is that the roster for the Justice League movie has been decided. (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash)
No Aquaman? Damn it, DC. You finally have people interested in him. Strike while the iron is hot!

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if MM and Aqua didn't make the cut. Seven characters is a lot of protags, and those two are the least popular. If characters had to be cut to give the narrative room, they'd be the ones.

uncannyxforce35b+evan+deadpool+2.jpg

uncannyxforce35c+evan+deadpool+3.jpg

Still Funny, still young at heart, still the merc with the mouth. But the character "grew up".

I loved this-I too will miss this Deadpool.

Hey look! A new character meeting The Watcher! He must be important! The Watcher is only reserved for important, badass, lifechanging comics. Remember when he was at Storm and Black Panther's wedding? What an iconic, legendary moment! Who will ever forget the Wedding of the Century?

Hey look! A new character meeting The Watcher! He must be important! The Watcher is only reserved for important, badass, lifechanging comics. Remember when he was at Storm and Black Panther's wedding? What an iconic, legendary moment! Who will ever forget the Wedding of the Century?

I don't want to say you're reading comics wrong, so I'm going to just return my attention to this game of Where's My Water instead.

Bendis and Loeb are going to elevate the GotG and Nova so high the Avengers will be like Dynamite pulp level comics. You walk by the rack and wonder who buys this stuff.

They should change their names to the Interveners at this point. Drop all pretense.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Issue 5 will have Nova lift Thor's hammer with his gravity powers.

The Watcher might be the laziest way to emphasize a character/event's importance since using Wolverine as a punching bag. Jeph Loeb, I'm not surprised. RIP Nova. Hello, NINO.

Well, I'm glad jumped off the Invincible ship a looooooong time ago. Otherwise, that would irk me to no end. Still, what is Kirkman's deal with this stuff?

Bleeding Cool, people.

UA would of been SO MUCH BETTER without the narration or the delay. Please, Remender shape ups. And not touching Humphries UXF after whet he did to Ultimates. Trust me. HORRIBLE.

LOEB DID A BETTER JOB THAN HE IS DOING CURRENTLY!

Humphries is on my no list.

UA would of been SO MUCH BETTER without the narration or the delay. Please, Remender shape ups. And not touching Humphries UXF after whet he did to Ultimates. Trust me. HORRIBLE.

LOEB DID A BETTER JOB THAN HE IS DOING CURRENTLY!

Humphries is on my no list.

Whaat, is Humphries really that bad on Ultimates? I haven't read Ultimates since Loeb took a shit on it. I can't imagine anything being worse.

But UXF was good. Trust me! Just try it out. Gotta support the mohawk.

Yeah. Ultimates after he took over and wrote with Hickman started off good then just went downhill quick. From the end of the Reed Richards vs America, forgetting the entire Children vs People conflict and all, the book took a nosedive for the worst.

SO: UXF will start off good but take a quick dive into WTF is this shit?

So many mischaracterizations, plot holes, bad dialogue.

Either he doesn't give a shit about Ultimates or isn't a good writer in long term storytelling.

Easily the worst art:story ratio in comics.

So awful. So gorgeously rendered.
Exactly. I love Ottley's style to no end, but the content of what he draws for that book is why I ultimately stopped reading it. And I can't blame it all on Kirkman either, because the guy genuinely seems to enjoy the drawing of... that, regardless. Love the style, hate the subject matter.

Karakand

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Ms. Lippy. All I'm saying is add to the current Deadpool book that you currently enjoy right now, and have another monthly title starring UXF deadpool. It's cool essay, you'll still get your fart jokes, explosions, wacky villains and everything in the current book you enjoy. But we people who attend the Thea-Turr, practice the foxtrot, enjoy conversations dealing with capitalism and intellectualize over cups of joe would have our sensibilities fulfilled as well. Hear Hear. /sarcasm

I'd love for this to happen...

...so the UXFpool book could be cancelled well before the other because it pandered to people who think characters shouldn't be distinct, and are slightly ashamed by the fact that they consume callow entertainment like comic books.

The "Death" story in Waypool was more relatable than anything UXFpool did or said, despite Waypool always having been among the most embarrassing Deadpools in terms of writing (and drawing).

Owzers

Yeah. Ultimates after he took over and wrote with Hickman started off good then just went downhill quick. From the end of the Reed Richards vs America, forgetting the entire Children vs People conflict and all, the book took a nosedive for the worst.

SO: UXF will start off good but take a quick dive into WTF is this shit?

So many mischaracterizations, plot holes, bad dialogue.

Either he doesn't give a shit about Ultimates or isn't a good writer in long term storytelling.

I think i'm bailing out of Ultimates after issue #21 that i have pre-ordered. The "Reconstruction" arc while weeding out all of what came before it as you mentioned didn't work for me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Sounds like you should go off with the DC fanboys mang. All those dudes like to pretend they're above thinking fart jokes are cool too.

way deadpool set a precidence of shitting on a character like ive never seen before, all the depth he picked up over the years went out nothing but stupid lolz jokes and other such bullshit. i pulled out of deadpool when he had his battle with bullseye, and was so bored he offed himself. that doesnt make sense knowing the character.

I take it everyone else on here is mad about Marvel trashing Richard Rider + Peter Quill?

i honestly stopped caring. loebs next insert of his son is here, and he isnt going anywhere for a while. i kinda wish that cancerverse joke was a real thing.

Let me guess, ultraviolence that would make Mark Millar blush?

theres no ultraviolence that can make millar blush. he breathes rape scenarios.

Invincible being awful is no spoiler

i jumped off a while ago, and dont care for the story, but ottley is one reason i get tempted to pick up issues.

Acid08

Banned
Saw the Invincible spoiler.

Are you fucking kidding me? Go fuck yourself Kirkman. I don't fucking care about Bulletproof still being Invincible. I don't give a fuck about this book without Mark. Not spending a cent over cover price for this shit, fuck that Chromium cover. It doesn't even make sense, why reveal that he's the descendant of the ultimate Viltrumite if he's just going to fucking die? How does this further the story in any meaningful way? Kirkman has been shitting on Mark for forever, guess this is his grand finale fuck you gesture.

I know you dudes don't give a fuck about the book really but it was one of the first monthlies I ever started buying so it holds a pretty special place in my heart. I'm glad I spoiled it though, have time to numb myself. Need to see how the rest of the issue plays out but just going off of that, I'm super depressed.

I stopped after the virtumite war . That
abortion issue
was a little much. Has it really gotten bad .

I feel it peaked during the VW

Also I almost threw up at that spoiler . Art is so good. Also does not man me want to but the book after that

Splitting up ANXM Jean and "Classic" Jean in your poll? Creates something of an unfair handicap wouldn't you say? Why not separate AoA and Ultimate versions while you're at it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Go fuck yourself Kirkman. I don't fucking care about Bulletproof still being Invincible. I don't give a fuck about this book without Mark. Not spending a cent over cover price for this shit, fuck that Chromium cover. It doesn't even make sense, why reveal that he's the descendant of the ultimate Viltrumite if he's just going to fucking die? How does this further the story in any meaningful way? Kirkman has been shitting on Mark for forever, guess this is his grand finale fuck you gesture.

I know you dudes don't give a fuck about the book really but it was one of the first monthlies I ever started buying so it holds a pretty special place in my heart. I'm glad I spoiled it though, have time to numb myself. Need to see how the rest of the issue plays out but just going off of that, I'm super depressed.
I'm pretty "you wa shocked" by it. I knew this guy couldn't write worth a shit but...but.....

arkon

Could still be a fakeout, dude. Some other shit that explains it away? There's still hope.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

im sorry you feel that way. i dropped kirkman stories altogether a while ago. the writing was on the walls with kill em all kirkman a while ago.

Acid08

Banned
Could still be a fakeout, dude. Some other shit that explains it away? There's still hope.

I don't see what that could be but, you're right, its possible.
I just don't get why Kirkman hates his main character so much. Mark is a cool dude and he hasn't had a single win in more than a year of issues. For all the talk of how much potential Mark has it's all squandered in one page.
im sorry you feel that way. i dropped kirkman stories altogether a while ago. the writing was on the walls with kill em all kirkman a while ago.
Knowing Kirkman this is all going to be some shitty meta message about superhero books killing off main characters. He basically spelled that out in 97. I wish someone who didn't think they were the most clever fuck in the world was handling these characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom