• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Messi

My new pops :D

TnoYJFt.jpeg

Owzers

every time i look at my wonder woman statue i stare at the wrong color silver paint splotch on the sword.

I was not meant for statue life.

CBTech

Gotham Academy continues to be absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and character designs, but I think the shots of the school grounds are the best. It really makes the school feel old and large. The story pacing could be better. I'm getting tired of each chapter ending in a cliff hanger and the next chapter starts after the cliff hanger and you are only told about the resolution to that moment. Now that we see what's creeping around the academy I'm hoping things pick up.

I'm really liking the current story of Uncanny X-men. Things are getting pretty real right now, and I'm interested to see how they resolve it. I'm hoping they don't just end up hand-waving all of this away, though I doubt all aspects of this chapter will stick permanently.

Batman is the next thing I'm catching up on. Things sound like they are getting crazy right now. I'm currently in the middle of Zero Year, through the first trade of it. Shouldn't be too much to pick up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm really liking the current story of Uncanny X-men. Things are getting pretty real right now, and I'm interested to see how they resolve it. I'm hoping they don't just end up hand-waving all of this away, though I doubt all aspects of this chapter will stick permanently.

im afraid they will hand-wave it all away with Secret Wars, and not just X-Men stuff. And I dont even mena that in a bad way, it is what it is (if it happens of course)

edit: I just noticed Havok isnt in the new Uncanny Avengers volume... Axis casualty? I know he
got his face fucked up

Nudull

Banned
Special Edition NYC tickets go on sale February 4th at Noon.

Saturday 30, Sunday 20, Weekend 45, VIP 100.

Is that seperate from NYCC?

Just saw there was a Con in Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks. Wish I knew about it sooner so I could have saved money for it. Some good guests too: Amanda Conner, Greg Land, Joe Kelly, Darwyn Cooke, etc.

Crap, I forgot about that. Can't deal with that and NYCC ticket hunting at the same time. >.<

Just saw there was a Con in Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks. Wish I knew about it sooner so I could have saved money for it. Some good guests too: Amanda Conner, Greg Land, Joe Kelly, Darwyn Cooke, etc.

Sold a shot box of newer comics to the shop today. 142 comics for $100. Not bad considering I was never going to touch them again.

Payed for my my weeks haul (14 comics), Batman Earth One TPB, and this:

B8eWRYMIEAAEyYe.jpg

B8eZJNkCIAE5sIH.jpg

When the hell did comics get so expensive? I figured I'd drop by the shop to pick up a few issues and somehow ended up spending $33.50 on comics. I know that Multiversity book is $5 but I still feel like somehow I got overcharged

Messi

When the hell did comics get so expensive? I figured I'd drop by the shop to pick up a few issues and somehow ended up spending $33.50 on comics. I know that Multiversity book is $5 but I still feel like somehow I got overcharged

Multiversity was 7.99 brah

tim1138

Sold a shot box of newer comics to the shop today. 142 comics for $100. Not bad considering I was never going to touch them again.

Payed for my my weeks haul (14 comics), Batman Earth One TPB, and this:

B8eWRYMIEAAEyYe.jpg

B8eZJNkCIAE5sIH.jpg

You should mod that lion Funko into King Tiger Eating a Cheeseburger.

Crap, I forgot about that. Can't deal with that and NYCC ticket hunting at the same time. >.<
You knew and didn't tell me? I got you.
$5? Ha! Today's issue was $8. Only true ballers purchased it.

headshot95

Neo Member
A couple pages late to the LCS talk but today when grabbing my comics they pulled Sex instead of Sex Criminals, I was told a "new guy" was doing the pulls this week. Of course there were no extras on the shelf so I have to wait till it comes in the shop for me. Not a huge deal but I only have six comics on my pull list and half of them came out this week...

Anyways, Batman was awesome, this is such a sick arc. Zero had another brutally violent issue that was fun to read, even if it made me cringe a bit and Secret Avengers was really funny. I lost it when M.O.D.O.K's ringtone started playing.

Picked up that first Incal book on CMX because it's only $2 and i have slight interest in it

Is anyone reading Sex anymore?

No, but I was considering picking up this week's issue because i saw some pages from it from this dude Ian Macewan, who runs in circles i follow

B7fvwdOCYAA1iKH.png

I've never actually read the book before though

A couple pages late to the LCS talk but today when grabbing my comics they pulled Sex instead of Sex Criminals, I was told a "new guy" was doing the pulls this week. Of course there were no extras on the shelf so I have to wait till it comes in the shop for me. Not a huge deal but I only have six comics on my pull list and half of them came out this week...

Anyways, Batman was awesome, this is such a sick arc. Zero had another brutally violent issue that was fun to read, even if it made me cringe a bit and Secret Avengers was really funny. I lost it when M.O.D.O.K's ringtone started playing.

Please tell me it's
Fight as One

Do I need to read previous issues of Casanova to understand this new run? Or can I just jump right in? (I actually have some issues from probably about four or five years back, but I don't remember anything about them and I don't' really feel like scrounging around through longboxes looking for them if I don't have to.)

Do I need to read previous issues of Casanova to understand this new run? Or can I just jump right in? (I actually have some issues from probably about four or five years back, but I don't remember anything about them and I don't' really feel like scrounging around through longboxes looking for them if I don't have to.)

1. you should definitely real Casanova anyway!

2. Fraction said it a perfect jumping-on point, because Casanova Quinn has amnesia, doesn't know where he is or even who he really is, so you're with him on the ground floor

and now...for me to actually read the issue cuz I just got off

SRG01

I'm not sure what I should be taking away from this week's New Avengers. Is it simply a setup issue for next week or am I missing some important plot points here?

edit: Also, last panel of Spiderman 2099 is AWESOME

Another question about the GL Omnibus. It looks like The Sinestro Corps War event is in the middle of the run, but issues from Green Lantern Corps are not included in the omnibus. Should I get the related TPB also (even though it has some issues common with the omnibus)?

Top Bottom