• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Cade

it's good though

Oh, I didn't drop it for quality. I'm just not reading anything in anything but trades except Multiversity (and I'm not even reading the trades I buy).

Regardless of the why, I hate that kind of
oh-this-constant-from-every-story-before is actually THIS thing whoaaaa shocccck crazzyyy buy our book
type of lore building.

Like this quote from CBR.

That's right -- Snyder once again unearths a gem from Batman's ludicrously ample history and finds a way to spin that character not only into this story, but into the heart of the adventure in a manner that leaves readers wanting more. Using Paul Dekker as a mouthpiece for his own work, Snyder whispers to readers, "Doesn't feel like a Batman story anymore, does it?" and "Endgame" most certainly does not seem like just a Batman story. Snyder has made this a story about Gotham and the DC Universe itself; it's about evil and the good that counters it. "Endgame" is a story about the durability of the Joker's mission and his dedication to providing a foil for Batman in order for the character to be something more than just Batman. This is totally not the Batman comic I'd ever expect to read under the title of "Batman," yet Snyder makes it all work.

Cade

It's probably fine in execution. It just rubs me wrong, and Snyder already has a habit of
that kind of past-fuckery (dick grayson talon thing)

I really wonder who they'll get for post-Snyder Batman though. Not sure there's anyone left writing cape comics I could see following it up well.

frye

Surprised there's not more talk about Uncanny Avengers yet. It was good, but I'm definitely a little lost since I didn't follow Axis.

I do like the Tooth & Claw vibes from it though.

yeah, it's a nice, low key issue

so p much Wanda + Pietro are all like "who's our dad!?" now that it isn't Magneto, Rogue is super into Wanda now and also has Simon trapped in her, Vodoo was revived in Axis, Sabretooth is basically early Wolverine, Vision hates Wanda now (BENDISSSSSSSSSSSS) and Falcon is Cap

mite have to read that old Doctor Voodoo thing before next month

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sorry for my reaction, but I just dont like that kind of heavy
Recons to characters that are that big. I a aware that Jokers Origin was always kinda in the dark and never clear, but I really dont like that this would make him some kind of supernatural beeing. Also I have the feeling that Snyder just tries to be clever with this, because you know, Gotham was always insane and violent und doomed like the Joker.

Regardless, I will will of course give my final opinion on this when I can read the book. So in 2018 or something...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gameprof, its the second time in a short time I see you say "recon" and not "retcon" and now Im starting to think the first time wasnt a typo :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Gameprof, its the second time in a short time I see you say "recon" and not "retcon" and now Im starting to think the first time wasnt a typo :p
When I am posting from my iPad, I am missing some letters on a regular basis, be ause I have no feedback hitting them.

(I should read my posts more often before I press "Post")

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, have you read Casanova yet?

Man, I've been sick and home, but I'm heading into the city later and I'm probably gonna shamble my way into the shop to grab it.

Did you like the issue? (Also, as vaguely as possible, how was Chabon?)

E the Shaggy

Re: The Multiversity Guide

Give every world its own book, have Morrison write them all:

1tfr4o.jpg

Dalek

Man, Batman is so good. That last page gave me the chills when I read it. And makes me want to do a re-read of all of Snyder's run. Is this his final arc? Because it sure seems like it.

tim1138

Man, I've been sick and home, but I'm heading into the city later and I'm probably gonna shamble my way into the shop to grab it.

Did you like the issue? (Also, as vaguely as possible, how was Chabon?)

It was great. The Chabon back up was interesting, I'm curious to see where he's going with it.

PsychBat!

Banned
Man, Batman is so good. That last page gave me the chills when I read it. And makes me want to do a re-read of all of Snyder's run. Is this his final arc? Because it sure seems like it.
Yeah, it is. But I had fun throughout these last several years.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Re: The Multiversity Guide

Give every world its own book, have Morrison write them all:

Damn, that is a great Etrigan by Jae Lee.

Also, Morrison has set up each Multiversity issue as a potential series, but fuck if that potential will be turned into anything after he finishes the event.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guy cant make a typo joke around these parts, geez bunch of nerds on comicgaf

screw this, back to my videogames and comics and actionfigures...wait >_>

Messi

do you have any idea how many people have smelled today's comics if you are going so late to the store? Dozens.

I am actually dying laughing here in work.

I noticed today that some books look much better in print than digitally. Catwoman especially. Anyone else noticed this.

Fawoosh

Banned
So where do folks go to get an idea of what's coming out? Not necessarily just weekly publish lists, but something along the lines of, "This is starting and looks good, give it a shot." They used to have decent roundups on io9 and
ugh.. Nerdist
but I haven't seen anything in a while.

Owzers

So where do folks go to get an idea of what's coming out? Not necessarily just weekly publish lists, but something along the lines of, "This is starting and looks good, give it a shot." They used to have decent roundups on io9 and
ugh.. Nerdist

I like IGN reviews sometimes...lately i've been ignoring reviews until a trade is solicited, then i look up scores if the series looked good and i ask people here for opinions. If the first issue of a series is 50% off at dcbs and it sounds fun, i'll order it and then decide from there.

Dunbar

ugh.. Nerdist
I buy the Previews magazine every month while at the comic shop and browse through that. That's the way I find most new things I want to try. Then once every couple of weeks, I'll browse through whatever's coming out over the next few weeks on Comixology.

Messi

Speaking of statues ect. I put some cash down on the ultron Cap and Iron Man Hot Toys today.

Soon I shall achieve baller status.

I know I have asked before so apologies in advance but anyone have any good comic book podcast recommendations? Looking to expand what's on my playlist. Currently listen to ifanboy and War Rocket Ajax and enjoy them both. Any podcast that discusses and reviews both current releases and older stuff would be ideal.

On the gaming side my two favorite podcasts are Giant Bomb and Idle Thumbs if that puts things in perspective as to what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Decided to skip my first class, so i was able to hit up the shop to pick up my two books before a long day on campus. Feels good brahs but i don't know if i'm gonna read Sex Criminals #10 out here

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Speaking of statues ect. I put some cash down on the ultron Cap and Iron Man Hot Toys today.

Soon I shall achieve baller status.
I kinda want them to but they are so insanely expensive.
I think I would rather buy some Disney Ininities or Funkos.

Messi

I kinda want them to but they are so insanely expensive.
I think I would rather buy some Disney Ininities or Funkos.

I know but I just love the details. I am in for more of them too. Star Lord already paid. Gamora considered, as is another black widow from ultron and definitely Scarlet Witch unless they fuck her up.

Can't wait for the eventual Captain Marvel one for her movie.

I'm in too deep.

Top Bottom