• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

So cool

AMShbFd.png

Art Adams. The Beast.

Oh man Aikku's new powers rock. I am so glad she is getting screentime here. That is some potent phasing.

So we know she can Phase, Fly, and shoot lightning so far.

Probably for the best.

I understand all Marvel books are at least $3.99 now, but it has me re-evaluating how much I really need to read some of these books, especially taking into account my enjoyment of them when compared to other $4 books like Giant Days and Slam.

Messi

I understand all Marvel books are at least $3.99 now, but it has me re-evaluating how much I really need to read some of these books, especially taking into account my enjoyment of them when compared to other $4 books like Giant Days and Slam.

Yup. They will never win that argument.

I'm so behind on my comics. Shiiiiiiieeeeeet

The Uncanny Avengers #18
Man I always love it when a plan comes together.
Even if it's the villain's
. Pretty intense issue and a great way to show how much of a threat
____Quicksilver____
really is. This is just a good team book, and I can't stop loving how well-written Rogue is as a leader.

Uncanny X-Men #16
This was a cool addition to IvX. I enjoyed seeing an incredibly creative display of powers. This issue also reminded me that I don't need to regret dropping this book as a whole. I've seen this before. As a tie-in to IvX: Dope. As an issue of UXM: Don't care at all.

Extraordinary X-Men #17
This was a pretty good issue. Very emotionally powerful and a good issue for Ororo. If only the art didn't suck. This was just very bad art through and through. I think Ibanez would have been better. And that's saying a lot. Really brought down an otherwise strong issue.

Infamous Iron Man #3
We get a lot of insight into Doom this issue and how his character has truly been affected by Secret Wars. I'm a sucker for redemption stories, and this is certainly a big one. It both simultaneously makes me feel sorry for Doom and makes me dislike him all at once. He's clearly still a very selfish person. He's still doing this for himself and what Amara said isn't wrong at all. On the other hand, he's clearly wounded by her words and is in a state of intense emotional pain due to the sheer loneliness of having the world totally against him in every way. Even as he's just trying to help. What's truly interesting is that even though he's technically turning over a new leaf, he doesn't regret all the bad shit that he's done. Not even remotely. He just shrugs it off and says, "well things just didn't work out that way."

Oh, and there's some plot, I guess. On that note, actually, it's interesting to see that
Doom's mother was saved an sent to Heaven as a villain, but as a hero his mother is now (potentially) villainous. Has his changing of sides undone any good he did as a villain? An interesting point to make, if that's the case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nova saying he hates everything about that sentence when young cyclops says hes from the past because current cyclops went cray and died is so good

Neoxon

After today's issue of Nova, can I nominate Jeff Loveness & Ramón Perez to take over the Guardians comic?

Dalek

I want to thank everyone that recommended the March trilogy to me. I just finished Book 3 and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is one of the greatest books I've ever read.

I want to thank everyone that recommended the March trilogy to me. I just finished Book 3 and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is one of the greatest books I've ever read.

Despite how praised those books are, I still feel they're undervalued.

Top Bottom