• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Messi

USAvengers has my favorite type of shenanagins. Wasp is super hyper charming and makes me sad again Mockingbird got cancelled. I'll say it again: the first arc of Mockingbird is one of the best things ever. Superman looks like it's starting an event. Might drop it til it's over, specially since I dropped New Superman. Is it just me or is JLvSS going super fast? It's weird but DC as a whole feels like they are secretly having this massive event in the background that they can only tease and reference obliquely. Saga! Bruh! Love that book. Nova is making me feel bad for Sam but
Champions yay!
also, is anyone else reading Injustice? I like them not making me play the game :D

Oh and what's up with Snotgirls long ass hiatus?

Lastly, Unworthy Thor continues to be strong and Unfollow continues to be completely bonkers.

That's all I read. Now I for some reason have all of The Wicked + The Divine sitting here. Whatever should I do.

JL v SS is a weekly series so it is going super fast.

Didn't Snotgirl just finish its first arc? Its probably taking the image 3-4 month break between arcs.

There is a Neogaf shout out in the letters section of Nailbiter #26. I wonder who that could have come from.

Which one of you did this?

What does it say?

TheFlow

Banned
USAvengers has my favorite type of shenanagins. Wasp is super hyper charming and makes me sad again Mockingbird got cancelled. I'll say it again: the first arc of Mockingbird is one of the best things ever. Superman looks like it's starting an event. Might drop it til it's over, specially since I dropped New Superman. Is it just me or is JLvSS going super fast? It's weird but DC as a whole feels like they are secretly having this massive event in the background that they can only tease and reference obliquely. Saga! Bruh! Love that book. Nova is making me feel bad for Sam but
Champions yay!
also, is anyone else reading Injustice? I like them not making me play the game :D

Lastly, Unworthy Thor continues to be strong and Unfollow continues to be completely bonkers.

That's all I read. Now I for some reason have all of The Wicked + The Divine sitting here. Whatever should I do.
Snot girl on hiatus? That piece of shit O'Mailey.

VanWinkle

Champions yay!

Superman and Action Comics are having a crossover "event" soon. Superman 18-19 and Action 975-976.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Which one of you did this?

What does it say?

It was ME! I answered the survey that Williamson is always posting in the back and listed this place as one of the places I get comic news. I really should have referred to it as ComicGAF but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Messi

It was ME! I answered the survey that Williamson is always posting in the back and listed this place as one of the places I get comic news. I really should have referred to it as ComicGAF but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Amazing. You should have taken your moment to shit on Freeza in a real comicbook.

Edit I just read it: "My two siberian Huskies" well that gives it away lol

I can't get over how well "edited" Domu is. (Can't really think of a comic term to describe what I am talking about - a mix of pacing, cutting between establishing and character shots, moving between locations, etc). Especially stands out after watching that Suicide Squad editing video.

Boogiepop

So I just finished reading Walking Dead 162 which says on the description that it is 6 of 6 Whisperer War. How the heck is that the last issue of The Whisperer War when
the war is continuing into the next issue?

I'm guessing it's because
they unleashed their giant herd and kind of slinked off, so they're not really fighting the Whisperers anymore, more having to deal with their final f&*^ you zombie nuke.

Vyer

Haven't had an iPhone in years. I have an Xperia Z3 at the moment and it is fucking trash. The screen has fallen off if I didnt have my Harley case on it and the back panel shattered like a month after I got it. My 2 year contract is up this week so I can finally bail. This shit is costing me $65 a month.

I have an iPad but I only read comics and watch tv shows on it. I almost never use itunes.

Yeah the iPad can sync with the phone so that it can show you info from the phone, calls and texts and such, and reply to them from the iPad. Could also make calls from it if you so desired

you'll never have to look away from the warming glow of your digital comics

mreddie

Unstoppable Wasp #1

That was good... until Kamala and Nadia meet up with Bobbi, then it goes downhill at Flash speed.

phil-huh.gif

Vibranium

Banned
I want to read Nova bad but that 6 month MU delay...ugh. I saw that panel where Kamala mentions Rich's passionate fanbase online and laughed hard, because it's so true about us.

I will never understand why Marvel didn't have Sam and Rich team up when the first Marvel NOW launched. Loeb could have introduced a new young hero without any hostility by having Rider there in the beginning as a role model.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Unworthy Thor: so good. Jason Aaron is consistent as hel.

So happy that Thori joined the team. I miss that little hound, and it proves that Jason Aaron remembers that Gillen's version of Loki existed.

Aaron's Loki is traditionally sound, but I miss the God of Stories/Agent of Asgard version.

Only about 20~ issues left and I will be done with the entirety of Claremont's X-Men from Giant-Size X-Men to X-Men #3 (minus a few annuals and NM issues missing on MU). Feels pretty weird knowing I'm almost done. Definitely gonna make a big ol' write-up when I'm done. Which of course means I know need some hot recs for other good/decent X-Men runs. I've read/heard good things about

Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing
Remender's Uncanny X-Force
Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men
Bendis' Uncanny

Any others?

E: and David's X-Factor. Derp.

Only about 20~ issues left and I will be done with the entirety of Claremont's X-Men from Giant-Size X-Men to X-Men #3 (minus a few annuals and NM issues missing on MU). Feels pretty weird knowing I'm almost done. Definitely gonna make a big ol' write-up when I'm done. Which of course means I know need some hot recs for other good/decent X-Men runs. I've read/heard good things about

Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing
Bendis' Uncanny

Any others?

Those are some damn fine runs. Looking to hop straight to modern stuff? There is good to be found in the '90s if you're willing to give books like Peter David's original X-Factor run and Alan Davis' Excalibur run a chance.

But the nice thing about jumping to Morrison's New X-Men is it's a nice, clean cut, and everything that happens after sort of develops from that book. So I could see that working out fine.

If you are going to read the newer volume of David's X-Factor, start with the Madrox limited.

I don't recommend reading Bendis' Uncanny without its companion title, All-New X-Men. I liked them both a lot. But that's a ways off.

Edit: also. You will get more out of Remender's Uncanny X-Force if you are familiar with some of the '90s stuff. You might do a quick run through the best parts of Age of Apocalypse at least. You might even have fun.

Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing
Bendis' Uncanny

Any others?

Kyle and Yost X-Force
Spurrier X-Force

I want to read Nova bad but that 6 month MU delay...ugh. I saw that panel where Kamala mentions Rich's passionate fanbase online and laughed hard, because it's so true about us.

I will never understand why Marvel didn't have Sam and Rich team up when the first Marvel NOW launched. Loeb could have introduced a new young hero without any hostility by having Rider there in the beginning as a role model.

The assumption is Sam replaced Rich. The more likely scenario is Rich was going away period (again, Richard Rider wasn't popular at all until Annihilation) and Loeb offered to replace him with a new character (Sam).

mreddie

The assumption is Sam replaced Rich. The more likely scenario is Rich was going away period (again, Richard Rider wasn't popular at all until Annihilation) and Loeb offered to replace him with a new character (Sam).

And UMvC3 helped build Rich's rep

Sandfox

Why are people mad at Spencer this time?
The villains in the newest issue were
a satirical group of left wing extremist willing to commit murder for political correctness
and people are taking it like an attack, when Spencer has mostly been accused of demonizing the other side all throughout his run. I actually thought it was a good issue, but people are always going to be upset.

Top Bottom