• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

I want to thank everyone that recommended the March trilogy to me. I just finished Book 3 and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is one of the greatest books I've ever read.

Still waiting to reading this. Such a long queue on them at my library.

Owzers

Probably? Bro what
Supes is the only Dc book I haven't tried but I'm intrigued by based on hype. The new justice league looks interesting too. Wonder Woman remains the only dc book I'm buying monthly and i should probably drop it but I have to give rucka a chance.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #16
Pretty cool issue. Nice to put Misty in the spotlight and see references to her past. I also like the social issues they're dealing with, but the characters they are using are...I don't care? Again, it's not to say I don't care about the issue at hand. I do, but I don't care about the characters being affected. I'm not a fan of the art though. It's not bad, per se, but it borders on CG art and I'm not a fan of that style.

Messi

Supes is the only Dc book I haven't tried but I'm intrigued by based on hype. The new justice league looks interesting too. Wonder Woman remains the only dc book I'm buying monthly and i should probably drop it but I have to give rucka a chance.

Justice League is terrible imo.

TheFlow

Banned
US Avengers was good and I'll be continuing with it.

I interested in seeing more female geniuses because that's an issue that has even been brought up here
Yea that is a valid point. I am personally not interested in a scientist hunt but I am glad it is addressing something in the Marvel verse. Women are smart

CBR: 17 Indie Comics Video Games You Forgot Existed

Love this article. Though I remember a bunch of these. Some of them fondly, even.
They missed one

rogueT01.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read Thanos #1 & #2

Not sure if I'll really bother with #3

The fact
he is dying
interests me, but the other plot points don't.

mreddie

Wasp: Cute and fun, I do think the
DNA Test
will be the arc oddly.

Screw Flow.

USAvengers: Dope intro but I think those who were into New Avengers won't need this again aside from New Rulk.

Flow was right.

Moon Knight: WHAT THE FUCK.

Also, my digital code for USAvengers is not on the book I brought. Sigh.

TheFlow

Banned
flowopinions and all.

Why is Nadia cocky arrogant in avengers but super nice in her solo. It felt weird

Also moon knight has potential to be the best marvel ongoing. It delivers

mreddie

flowopinions and all.

Why is Nadia cocky arrogant in avengers but super nice in her solo. It felt weird

Also moon knight has potential to be the best marvel ongoing. It delivers

Waid wants a Spidey rival.

And yes, Moon Knight continues to be a mindfuck. Again, underrated as fuck. Lemire should be good as long as he avoids team books.

TheFlow

Banned
Waid wants a Spidey rival.

And yes, Moon Knight continues to be a mindfuck. Again, underrated as fuck. Lemire should be good as long as he avoids team books.
She is so young though. I want her to interact with Miles. Should be fun.

Yea man moon knight #9 made me believe Lemire can actually close out of some the crazy stuff he comes up with. One of my favorite writers

Malyse

Man, I am super enjoying everything today.
LANA!
I didn't expect to see that character in Sam Wilson of all places. Batman was aces. And Champions feels like it's hitting its stride. Next iss should be amazing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Two issues behind on whisperer War.

Much preferred all out War if I'm being honest.

Two issues behind on whisperer War.

Much preferred all out War if I'm being honest.

I hated All Out War and was gonna drop the book if the issue after the arc wasn't so good. I wish Kirkman would get a different artist for these action arcs because I feel like the regular dude can't draw it well and it hurts the book when it's focusing on it so much.

Malyse

Bombshells is the first comical musical I can recall. Harley felt like a holding pattern. Hawkeye is great and I think she's in the next Avengers Academy event. Giant Days continues to be the best.

I hated All Out War and was gonna drop the book if the issue after the arc wasn't so good. I wish Kirkman would get a different artist for these action arcs because I feel like the regular dude can't draw it well and it hurts the book when it's focusing on it so much.

Nah, I can't see Kirkman ever getting a new artist at this point unless Adlard literally cannot continue.

So I just finished reading Walking Dead 162 which says on the description that it is 6 of 6 Whisperer War. How the heck is that the last issue of The Whisperer War when
the war is continuing into the next issue?

Messi

You have the iPad Pro, right?

If so go with the iPhone. Continuity between the two is nice.

7. sis and gf both got one back to back. they love it.

Haven't had an iPhone in years. I have an Xperia Z3 at the moment and it is fucking trash. The screen has fallen off if I didnt have my Harley case on it and the back panel shattered like a month after I got it. My 2 year contract is up this week so I can finally bail. This shit is costing me $65 a month.

I have an iPad but I only read comics and watch tv shows on it. I almost never use itunes.

TheFlow

Banned
Haven't had an iPhone in years. I have an Xperia Z3 at the moment and it is fucking trash. The screen has fallen off if I didnt have my Harley case on it and the back panel shattered like a month after I got it.

I have an iPad but I only read comics and watch tv shows on it. I almost never use itunes.

went through something similar. decided to breakdown and join the crowd. don't regret it for a day.
I don't use itunes though. Amazon cloud, spotify, hulu, and netflix if I really need to listen/watch .plus good ole faithful youtube.

Messi

went through something similar. decided to breakdown and join the crowd. don't regret it for a day.
I don't use itunes though. Amazon cloud, spotify, hulu, and netflix if I really need to listen/watch .plus good ole faithful youtube.

Hows the camera?

Wait is that iPhone without the headphone jack?

TheFlow

Banned
Hows the camera?

Wait is that iPhone without the headphone jack?

camera on the 7 is amazing. I live in a divided house where half of us have the 6 edge or the iphone 6/7.

it doesn't come with a jack, but comes with the headphones and ect. it is one of those things that you eventually get used to.

PsychBat!

Banned
Unworthy Thor #3

Good breather issue, things are gonna get crazy soon.

Spider-Man 2099 #19

Awesome action packed issue, which again is hindered by that art.

Malyse

USAvengers has my favorite type of shenanagins. Wasp is super hyper charming and makes me sad again Mockingbird got cancelled. I'll say it again: the first arc of Mockingbird is one of the best things ever. Superman looks like it's starting an event. Might drop it til it's over, specially since I dropped New Superman. Is it just me or is JLvSS going super fast? It's weird but DC as a whole feels like they are secretly having this massive event in the background that they can only tease and reference obliquely. Saga! Bruh! Love that book. Nova is making me feel bad for Sam but
Champions yay!
also, is anyone else reading Injustice? I like them not making me play the game :D

Oh and what's up with Snotgirls long ass hiatus?

Lastly, Unworthy Thor continues to be strong and Unfollow continues to be completely bonkers.

That's all I read. Now I for some reason have all of The Wicked + The Divine sitting here. Whatever should I do.

Top Bottom