• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Neoxon

Why? If the latest issue is better than anything else released this month, it's the "best superhero comic currently being published".
Fair enough, though I was thinking in terms of it being one of my favorite comics in recent memory. In terms of what's out right now, Nova is definitely the best comic currently being published.

Lol wut? This is the first week. We haven't even got the good stuff yet

Still don't follow this logic. No other single comic book had this much charm and intelligence and heart backed up by perfect cartooning and character design, what does it matter if it was the first, second, or fucking seven hundredth issue.

Seriously, someone explain to me how that matters since it's literally everyone's argument. Not "well, _____ was better and here are specific reasons why." Just, "uh, issue #2, bruh."

After seeing how quickly EA games crash in price the last few months I won't even need to wait a month to pick it up at half price most likely.

If Mass Effect comes out in March, I will be fucking astounded. There's no way a game we haven't seen that much coverage of yet is going to go gold two months from now.

oh man, if I still had that PM where you said you were no good at making up thread titles....

Why do you hate good comics?

#Flowpinions

TheFlow

Banned
Still don't follow this logic. No other single comic book had this much charm and intelligence and heart backed up by perfect cartooning and character design, what does it matter if it was the first, second, or fucking seven hundredth issue.

Seriously, someone explain to me how that matters since it's literally everyone's argument. Not "well, _____ was better and here are specific reasons why." Just, "uh, issue #2, bruh."
"No single comic book had".. uh no duh it's the first of the week.

How is it the best this month when we not only are in the first week but we also haven't read the rest of this month stuff.

Then "best super hero book" reads like a cop out not to compare it to the actual great stuff. If the book is good compare it to the rest and not just "super hero books"

Furthermore to claim a book is number 1 so early is kinda like a fanboy thing because you are closing your mind to the other books that are releasing later this month.

Finally its cool man if you feel strongly about a book. But hyperbole leads to quotes.

Explains logic. Proceeds to avoid logic.
I rest my case

Look you're not wrong mathematically but in my head I can't think of anything better right now and that's enough for me.

If it's not enough for you, don't read my [REDACTED] columns coming later this year.

I was really anticipating Action because some of the stuff they said before Rebirth made it seem like it was going to be mainly a Luthor book. At least the current story is dealing somewhat with what happened to him during Darkseid War.
It's exactly why I picked it up. Then the first arc was entirely about Supes fighting Doomsday and OH LOOK WONDER WOMAN WOW COOL WOW aaaaaand she's gone

It seemed like every Super book was going to cover different characters, but only ONE was going to focus on Supes himself

Owzers

Darn, it's going to snow here tonight too and I don't even have civil war 2 or dc comics to burn, this will teach me to lower my standards.

Messi

Elsa Charretier finished my commission :D

C1b_QW4XAAEX_t7.jpg

Very pleased. Very much.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All caught up on The Walking Dead

Thought The Whisperer War arc was pretty weak tbh, I am excited to see what happens next after those final few pages.

Read Captain America: Steve Rogers #1. About how old is Sharon Carter?

40-50 or thereabouts. She "died" in Dimension Z and returned in The Tomorrow Soldier having long enough in Zola's dimension for young Nomad to become an adult. 15-20 years? Old enough that she didn't look out of place next to old man Steve Rogers, which I assume was Remender's plan.

Now Steve is young and Sharon is still Sharon.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All caught up on The Walking Dead

Thought The Whisperer War arc was pretty weak tbh, I am excited to see what happens next after those final few pages.

Despite their silly shenanigans what comes next is still a part of the Whisperer War. So I'll wait until the storyline is over before I judge. I mostly enjoyed it up to this point.

Top Bottom