• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks man! Is that a similar art style to the game by the same name?

It is. Mark Bagley does art for the first 111 issues, and then Stuart Immonen comes on for a bit. The titling gets a little funky, though.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1–133
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man vol. 1 #1–15
Ultimate Spider-Man #150–160
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man vol. 2 #1–28
Ultimate Spider-Man #200
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1–12
Spider-Man #1–Present

All written by Bendis.

Tizoc

Oh you're right. If google can't discern, I'm not sure how the rest of us can. Here's some Land garbage for your viewing
dis
pleasure.

Fake Edit: Oh, that's funny. Even this image has the Iron Man face.

This should be his next birthday gift

Maybe then his tracing can become full blown appreciative nods to the actual good source.

Also slightly related
OYWaD1i.png

Bane

Man, Wonder Woman Earth One was fantastic. Really enjoyed it.

Yep, just read it over the weekend. Fantastic book. Probably my favorite Earth 1 book just for how different a take on things it is compared to Batman and Superman (I've not read Titans). I loved Etta, particularly her line about Amazon class bitches.

Man. Kim & Kim is great. There needs to be more of them.

I've been curious about that one. Is it still going or was it a mini?

Also, RAW has been terrible lately. It used to be decent, but now I can only equate it with Cesaro and Sheamus. The most boring team of all time.

It was fine until the bombshell bit then the dialog went to shit. I get Spencer's meta commentary but that was too on the nose.
That's kind of the point? He's just throwing shade at people who just throw that shit around constantly and pointing out how ridiculous that kind of talk and aggressiveness can be. Hate from one side doesn't justify hate from the other.

Rage's reaction pretty much says it all.

Owzers

I thought Walking Dead 162 was okay but
why didn't Rick tell Dwight that it was tens of thousands and not a hundred or thousands even? Why was that a shocked reaction page. Why didn't they have a plan for how to deal with the massive number Rick knew they had? Seemed odd.

Zombine

Banned
why didn't Rick tell Dwight that it was tens of thousands and not a hundred or thousands even? Why was that a shocked reaction page. Why didn't they have a plan for how to deal with the massive number Rick knew they had? Seemed odd.

JqYTmjn.gif

Weiss

Banned
That's kind of the point? He's just throwing shade at people who just throw that shit around constantly and pointing out how ridiculous that kind of talk and aggressiveness can be. Hate from one side doesn't justify hate from the other.

Rage's reaction pretty much says it all.

I feel like part of the problem is that stuff like this ends up legitimatizing the "both sides are the same" narrative.

No matter how you slice it, there's only one party that's interested in stripping people of basic human rights.

Because then there wouldn't be draaamaaa.

I found that really weird and cheesy but I'm not gonna rib on Kirkman. Maybe Rick is just getting old?

I feel like part of the problem is that stuff like this ends up legitimatizing the "both sides are the same" narrative.

No matter how you slice it, there's only one party that's interested in stripping people of basic human rights.
You could argue that, but I don't think that was the case at all. The primary focus was put on whatsherface and the right wing/conservative ideologies and mindsets. The Bombshells were the opposite side and were posed as purely reactionary. Their side was obviously poised as more reasonable, but the methods were not, showing that overreacting in such a way hurts far more than it helps. Look at how the conservative side turns it into an attack and a positive for their side? It's not legitimizing the "both sides are the same" argument, just that being reactionary in that way hurts far more than it helps.

Malyse

I've been curious about that one. Is it still going or was it a mini?

Also, RAW has been terrible lately. It used to be decent, but now I can only equate it with Cesaro and Sheamus. The most boring team of all time.
It's ended for no goddamn discernible reason.

Top Bottom