• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

mreddie

what team is Silk going on because no way her solo survives 2017

I get the feeling she might stick around but with a new creative team or she's on a team due to her fitting in a good spot diversity wise and her rep is too high at this point.

Tana Ford just ruined that book.

I'm not really sure they'll get rid of her unless they have plans for another female Spider solo.

Nah, she might stick around. Sucks she basically replaced Anya.
If shes on that new Spidey show, yeah, she's gonna keep at it.

TheFlow

Banned
ah that makes sense.

also wasn't there supposed to be an Asian team book? or was that just an issue of Totally awesome hulk

edit: these questions were sparked from the ben reiley off topic thread. too many spiders

Messi

ah that makes sense.

also wasn't there supposed to be an Asian team book? or was that just an issue of Totally awesome hulk

edit: these questions were sparked from the ben reiley off topic thread. too many spiders

It's the next arc of Totally Awesome Hulk

mreddie

ah that makes sense.

She's in Cho Hulk in the Big Apple arc coming up post Lin.

Sandfox

I would honestly put Silk on an Avengers book that has the classic roster.

ah that makes sense.

The next TA Hulk arc will have an all Asian team up.

mreddie

It does lead to a question, which books you think aren't making it by Summer?
(Gun guys don't count)

Thunderbolts most def.

Sandfox

Steve
Tony
Thor Odinson
Silk
Black Panther
Vision
Nadia

That would be my Avengers lineup most likely though Vision is iffy.

mreddie

Viz will be in as A3 is coming

But for now, Waid-vengers is what we got, Herc and Nadia seem like they could fit in easily, Spidey is still one wild card and I can't get why he's there (he's the Stark but that's it) and of course, we still have Doom Man incoming.

A large portion of those smaller solo books will be fucked post Feb.

Which?

Sandfox

Viz will be in as A3 is coming

But for now, Waid-vengers is what we got, Herc and Nadia seem like they could fit in easily, Spidey is still one wild card and I can't get why he's there (he's the Stark but that's it) and of course, we still have Doom Man incoming.

Which?
I like Waid's Avengers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Steve/Tony/Thor return.

Acrylic7

Man can someone help me wrap my brain around the Yojimbo Usagi reading order?

I read this.

516KbXjCa3L._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So is this supposed to be next...

61qYq8LGT6L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...or am I missing something in between?

I think Rogers will be off the map for awhile following the Hydra event

And he will probably kill someone big. My guess is Bucky
I hope in order to write him back to being his true origin, he gets de-aged again. Steve should never go back to who he was pre-de-aging. Never.
Watch him go all Superman walks America shit.
Guy Gardner did it in Red Lanterns for about 4 issues. With a baby, no less.

Messi

Kevin Maguire is doing a sketch a day this year (or as long as he can keep up) and so far it's been pretty stellar. His expressions are insane. He is selling them on his page.

That's where I got my Harley from him. Can't believe I got it considering how quickly some are going. Carol Danvers surprisingly not selling :|

Tizoc

Kevin Maguire is doing a sketch a day this year (or as long as he can keep up) and so far it's been pretty stellar. His expressions are insane. He is selling them on his page.

That's where I got my Harley from him. Can't believe I got it considering how quickly some are going. Carol Danvers surprisingly not selling :|

Mind actually LINKING to the page? :p

arkon

I read this.

516KbXjCa3L._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

61qYq8LGT6L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

No. That's right. The special edition is equivalent to trades 1-7 (Fantagraphics) then publishing switched to Dark Horse where the trades go from vol. 8 onwards. Or the meatier saga collections which are equivalent to about three standard trade collections. So Usagi Yojimbo saga volume 1 is the start of the Dark Horse stuff and collects trade volumes 8 through 10.

kmfdmpig

Those look great. His art is so impressive, and was a big part of why JLI was, and remains, one of my favorite runs of all time. I enjoyed the art at the time, but don't think as a kid I realized how much it elevated the writing and helped make the banter between team members work so well.

I read this.

[IG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516KbXjCa3L._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61qYq8LGT6L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/IMG]

Yep, that's the reading order. Nothing missing inbetween. FB box set is books 1-7. Dark Horse saga v1 is book 8,9 and 10.

Edit: Ah, I see arkon's already answered your question.

Top Bottom