• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

TheFlow

Banned
Dude is killing it right now

Even Grounded has been pretty good. But his weakest book is Miles-Man, soooo

you what!? that book had numerous civil war tie ins and is still one of the better written books at Marvel.

I would love Bendis on Amazing Spider-man but I rather not see him on most of Marvel's heavy hitters.

you what!? that book had numerous civil war tie ins and is still one of the better written books at Marvel.

For a book that is only eleven issues in, there are too many issues that don't feature Miles in the starting role. Five tie-in issues was two too many, and I am baffled by the decision to publish another "where's Miles" issue right after all of those tie-ins.

Strong start and he knows the characters better than anyone, but it needs a great arc at this point to restore confidence

TheFlow

Banned
For a book that is only eleven issues in, there are too many issues that don't feature Miles in the starting role. Five tie-in issues was two too many, and I am baffled by the decision to publish another "where's Miles" issue right after all of those tie-ins.

Strong start and he knows the characters better than anyone, but it needs a great arc at this point to restore confidence

Which is a valid complaint but the preview for this new arc is already delivering.

Spider-Man is going to be the most talked about issue besides Thor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've enjoyed Miles-Man, but I agree that there's been too many issues where Miles is a background character.

TheFlow

Banned
That is something a preview literally cannot do but I'm glad to hear it looks promising
Spidey preview
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/preview-spider-man-12/1100-156306/

Thor preview
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/preview-mighty-thor-15/1100-156307/

the comments are already glorious.

9wGMD.gif

Bendis should've just gotten an imprint where he can do what he wants without being disturbed or affecting anyone else. His own Iron Man, Spider-Man, Alias and Defenders book corner.

One book fewer to buy then.

Question is: Who is still "known" and would work for Marvel.

Coates, Al Ewing, Gerry Duggan, Ryan North, Kate Leth, Jeff Lemire, Kelly Thompson, Jason Aaron, Nick Spencer, Jeff Loveness, Jeremy Whitley, Dennis Hopeless, Max Bemis, Matthew Rosenberg, G W Wilson, Greg Pak...

There seems to be this misconception that Marvel doesn't have any talent left on the bench since their former architects left for Image. That's not true, especially with how they're bringing in a lot of exciting new voices from the world of YA novels.

The problem with Marvel isn't talent, it's editorial direction and management. They should be letting this new class get wild, like put Loveness on Avengers and Bemis on X-men.

Coates, Al Ewing, Gerry Duggan, Ryan North, Kate Leth, Jeff Lemire, Kelly Thompson, Jason Aaron, Nick Spencer, Jeff Loveness, Jeremy Whitley, Dennis Hopeless, Max Bemis, Matthew Rosenberg, G W Wilson, Greg Pak...

There seems to be this misconception that Marvel doesn't have any talent left on the bench since their former architects left for Image. That's not true, especially with how they're bringing in a lot of exciting new voices from the world of YA novels.

The problem with Marvel isn't talent, it's editorial direction and management. They should be letting this new class get wild, like put Loveness on Avengers and Bemis on X-men.

can i marry this post pls

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did Gladiator just get bitchslapped by Heimdall?

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Spencer I can see on ASM. Maybe Aaron. Wouldnt put anyone of the other on the book.
Sorry. I know this may be a shitty opinion, but I just consider most of these people not big enough to work on Spider-Man. To bad that Ellis took himself out with Karnak and his shitty time-management, I would have given him a chance on this book maybe.

I suppose it's about time I read the Sweet Christmas Special

Edit: they should give Bemis a Spider-Man team-up book
Edit2: Hmmm I wonder if David on Scarlet Spider means 2099 is wrapping up soon? I just dropped it but I'd stick around if it is indeed ending

Spencer I can see on ASM. Maybe Aaron. Wouldnt put anyone of the other on the book.
Sorry. I know this may be a shitty opinion, but I just consider most of these people not big enough to work on Spider-Man. To bad that Ellis took himself out with Karnak and his shitty time-management, I would have given him a chance on this book maybe.
Did you see Ellis talking about the book in his newsletter?

Yeah it's a shitty opinion. Who cares if they aren't big names if they are good writers?

Top Bottom